PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38

rjblue
04-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Watching tonight's show- spoilers below:

Another case of very weird behavior in Storybrook. In a normal world David would cross the street and definitely never help a woman who kidnapped his ex-wife to frame the woman he loved for as a murderer.

And wow! The story is moving along at breakneck speed tonight.

Ew, eww, ewwww! Why is Regina trying to attract David? I loved her face when Henry was telling her how making everyone unhappy would not make her feel better. Is she lonely and using David, or is she scheming to find another way to make Mary Margaret unhappy?

15 minutes (in this episode) left for August to convince Emma.

5 minutes- what a great scene between August and Emma. I was not expecting that she can't see his wooden leg. I wonder if we'll find out why he wasn't there for her as she grew up, and waiting near for her to turn 28. He was only seven when it all happened, so maybe he stopped believing until his leg turned to wood.

The end. So Henry wasn't brave enough to stay with her in that awful place. And Emma still doesn't believe and she's running away. Can anyone leave Storybrooke to chase her and Henry?

Amy L
04-30-2012, 01:33 AM
David is such an idiot. :lol:

HeatherC
04-30-2012, 03:51 AM
David is definitely an idiot but at least he didn't let Regina get to him while he was in the house. Charming needs to come out soon or else I'm going to go bonkers. Those scenes were just way weird but boy did Regina break the heck out of that mirror at the end, LOL :lol:

Somebody posted this on another board and I totally agree with it: Emma has a great head on her shoulders, she can definitely take care of herself, but if you push her even just a little bit too far, she just falls apart and starts making bad decisions. :fragile: That's probably a result of how she grew up having to basically learn all about life without the benefit of a family but it makes it hard to watch some scenes without wanting to cry for her. She's basically been lost for 28 years and now all this stuff is being thrown at her and she can't handle it all. :( Running away with Henry is SO not the answer but I can understand why she's so fearful of him staying with Regina (who has acted like a sociopath most of the time, at least in Emma's eyes). That scene of her and August in the forest was so powerful and it really emphasized what the FT characters are asking of her and what a big task that is to do. She's right, she didn't ask for any of this, and no one's been able to prove anything to her so why should she believe them? What a powerful scene when August was trying to show her his wooden leg and she didn't see it. She's the only hope for these characters but she doesn't even know what that means because she hasn't had any hope her whole life. :(

Pinocchio and Geppetto's story was a little heartbreaking too. I thought Geppetto was selfish for wanting to save his son over saving Snow/Charming/Emma but I didn't even think about what it would mean for Pinocchio to be in the real world ('the world without magic' which is the only thing that made him a real boy) and what it could do to him. Parents are willing to do crazy things to save their kids when they feel like they're being threatened so I can see how he would do anything to save his son's life. Seeing how August found Emma in the tree and tried to keep his promise but then left her behind made me SO sad. :( He's partially responsible for how horrible her life turned out because he left her behind and alone. He's probably feeling guilty now on top of everything else because he's lied, broken his promise to his father, and wasn't there early enough to help Emma believe, and now look at where they're all stuck. I was glad to see him spend some time with Geppetto at the end though. Maybe he can find his way back, become the man his father wanted him to be, and somehow still help Emma believe and become their hero.

BTW-One line in the promo for next week stood out to me...the one Henry said to Emma. "You may not believe in the curse, but I believe in you." Powerful words from a little boy. :) Emma really hasn't had anyone believe in her, she basically feels like her life hasn't been worth anything, and now this little boy is telling her that he believes in her. I'm starting to think that the key to Emma believing might not be from another character in Storybrooke but somehow in her relationship with Henry. I think something is going to happen there that will make this whole thing click with Emma. Just a hunch on my part....I have no spoiler info about this at all. Next week should be a great episode again! This show really did turn it up a notch these last two weeks! :biggrinbo

Wyliefan
04-30-2012, 03:59 AM
I don't understand why Emma couldn't see the wooden leg. Nothing like that has happened before. There's been a lot of cases where she looked at things and didn't fully understand their significance -- like, say, the heart in the box -- but she's never looked straight at something and not even seen it.

Amy L
04-30-2012, 04:11 AM
Either she can't see his leg because it's a magical thing, or she's REALLY ridiculously in denial - - which is what August thought. On the other hand, she did see Jefferson's gnarly decapitation scar. Is that less magical or something?

Wyliefan
04-30-2012, 04:14 AM
Good question!

HeatherC
04-30-2012, 04:33 AM
Either she can't see his leg because it's a magical thing, or she's REALLY ridiculously in denial - - which is what August thought. On the other hand, she did see Jefferson's gnarly decapitation scar. Is that less magical or something?

Good question!

Very interesting! I didn't make that connection until just now. :eek: I wonder if the scar is simply something that can't be totally healed while the leg turning back into wood is more of a magical thing somehow. I have no idea but I think Emma's denial may be the main culprit. She's all ready started showing signs that things are getting into her head but now she's got August trying to tell her that she's the only hope to save the whole town and I think the enormity of that task is just starting to hit her. That's probably what's triggered her denial and also a fear of having to be some great savior to a group of people she's only known a short time. These next two episodes are going to be EPIC. :cheer:

manhn
04-30-2012, 05:52 AM
That was an excellent episode and answered a lot of questions while providing insight into character (specifically August and Emma).

So, Emma and August went to the other world. But didn't Mr. Gold's son also go to the other world in last week's episode? Maybe he and Emma hooked up, and he's Henry's father? Maybe Mr. Gold's son will somehow be involved in Emma somehow believing?

It is a bit weird that Henry's adopted mother is trying to mack Henry's biological grandfather.

TanithandBenFan
04-30-2012, 02:13 PM
It is a bit weird that Henry's adopted mother is trying to mack Henry's biological grandfather.

:rofl:

I love this show!

Wyliefan
04-30-2012, 02:14 PM

Oh good Lord, I didn't even think of that. :rofl:

Nan
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Maybe Mr. Gold's son will somehow be involved in Emma somehow believing?

But is it in their best interest for Emma to break the curse? Remember, the son wanted to go to a place where there was no magic so his father would be "normal" again. If Emma breaks the curse and lets magic into the world, Mr. Gold becomes The Dark One again. Doen't he?

Spareoom
05-01-2012, 03:40 PM
He does, but they don't really have a choice about that. And the Dark One CAN be defeated if his spell is broken; remember Belle is still out there, and she can break his curse.

I'm still waiting to see the tidbit of Snow's coffin at the bottom of the mine materialize. Maybe that's how they all get back because it's a portal or something?

Anyway, Gepetto is pretty darn stupid. I understand how much he loved Pinocchio and wanted him to be ok, but now EVERYONE is in jeopardy because of him. Smack smack smack!

rjblue
05-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I FORGOT IT WAS ON! I missed the first 5 minutes. Luckily the copimists will be on the job within an hour and I'll see what I missed.

Lots of familiar fairytale characters this episode.

The battalion of fairies looks not very threatening, but Snow and crew are lethal.

Last 5 minutes- OMG! So much forshadowing of what is going to happen! Henry! Don't touch the pie!

10/10 for the episode without even seeing the first 15 minutes. The costumes! The drama! Not enough Mr Gold, but lots of Mad Hatter!

Wyliefan
05-07-2012, 02:05 AM
They just used Requiem for a Dream in the trailer for next week. :rofl: I wouldn't have recognized it if it weren't for skating.

ChelleC
05-07-2012, 03:20 AM
They just used Requiem for a Dream in the trailer for next week. :rofl: I wouldn't have recognized it if it weren't for skating.

That absolutely cracked me up :rofl: Loved the episode, can't wait to rewatch it.