PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38

CDANN1013
04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Maybe Bae is Henry' s father.

Carol

lmarie086
04-24-2012, 03:30 AM
CDANN1013, that could certainly be! Another interesting theory.

Ok, as soon as this episode started I stopped thinking that August was Bae. :lol: The thing with his leg, and the wooden figurines in his room...I'm on board with the Pinocchio theory now, haha! Still, wasn't expecting August to try to kill Mr. Gold.

This was such a great episode for story development! It helped push everything along so well, and the promo for next week's episode just made me so impatient for it to be Sunday again!

walei
04-24-2012, 04:31 AM
August is soooo Pinnochio.

That wooden toy Gold found in his room, it' looks like a donkey to me. Another not so subtle hint.

pair mom
04-24-2012, 03:08 PM
While I'm happy that August seems to be Pinocchio, I keep coming back to Rumple's line a couple of weeks back when selling Snow her "Forget Elixir".... "Love is the most powerful magic of all!"....Perhaps he's Emma's new love? :P

kwanatic
04-24-2012, 08:25 PM
There are a lot of theories as to who August is floating around. I don't think he's a Grimm brother; I read somewhere that the writers already dispelled this rumor.

He could be Rumple's son, but there'd have to be a lot of magic taking place in order for that to happen. Apparently there was a longer lapse in time than we realize between Rumple getting those powers and the casting of the curse...Rumple's son would have been much older than August is.

I'm on board with the Pinnochio theory and here's why: The wardrobe that was built to protect Emma from the curse was made from an enchanted tree. We all know Pinnochio was a wooden puppet who became a real boy...what if Pinnochio was also carved from that enchanted tree or an enchanted tree? Some form of protection would have been part of him and may have saved him from the curse. In addition to that, Emma was found by the side of the road by a 7-year old boy when she was a baby. Around the time of the curse Pinnochio appeared to be about that age, judging by the kid they show who is obviously Pinnochio as a real boy. Being that Pinnochio knew about the curse (he helped Geppetto make the magic wardrobe) and was protected from it, he and Emma were dumped in the real world and he grew up remembering what happened. He waited until Emma returned and then came back to help her and end the curse.

That's my theory anyway...:)

WHOO! I think I was right! :D

I was kinda confused while watching on Sunday; I was so sure August was Pinnochio and they definitely tried to throw you off with the whole "ouchy in my leg" part at the beginning with August and then again with Bae prior to the snail-stomping. But I'm happy to see my theory is still holding water! :D

Especially looking at the previews for next week, I definitely think August is Pinnochio and whoever mentioned above about August/Pinnochio needing magic to stay alive (seeing as that's what brought him to life in the first place) is on-the-money. I love how complex all of these characters are! The more and more you find out about Rumple and the rest, the more I just love this.

August is going balls-to-the-wall next week! He's got to get Emma to believe and, judging from the previews, she does at some point. But the real question is what will happen when the spell breaks? These next few episodes are going to be awesome! :D

AshleyN
04-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Just caught up on the last two episodes. I thought the show fell into a bit of a lull mid-season, but the last three episodes have been really good.

Didn't the preview all but confirm that August is Pinocchio? I admit, I never would have worked that out on my own. I did figure that he was lying about being Rumple's son just based on the age thing - he doesn't seem much older than Emma (if at all), and I get the impression that quite a bit of time passed between Bae coming to "our" world and the curse being set off.

Was it just me, or was the Bean Portal or whatever it was called look awfully familiar to the portal from Andelasia to our world in Enchanted? ;) Giselle and Rapunzel are far too "fresh" of Disney characters to throw into Storybook but it's all Disney, so I expect a nod here or there.Rapunzel may be recent for Disney, but the story isn't, and the show hasn't restricted itself to Disney stories/characters so far (King Midas, Little Red Riding Hood, Rumplestiltskin himself). I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her show up in the future.

lmarie086
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/536144_338618269527007_168914433164059_742402_1984 275551_n.jpg

Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled...but I think the timing of this next episode, following up everything we learned this week, confirms something pretty big. :)

I'd love to see what OUAT would do with the Rapunzel story! I don't want the writers to lose track of the awesome storyline they've cooked up by including too many other fairy tales, but I'm also hoping for:
The Six Swans/Wild Swans
The Frog Prince
Sleeping Beauty
The Goose Girl

It'd also be interesting to see if they could do something with the Snow Queen. (but that's one I wish would be made into a movie, really).

AshleyN
04-24-2012, 10:31 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/536144_338618269527007_168914433164059_742402_1984 275551_n.jpg

Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled...but I think the timing of this next episode, following up everything we learned this week, confirms something pretty big. :)

I'd love to see what OUAT would do with the Rapunzel story! I don't want the writers to lose track of the awesome storyline they've cooked up by including too many other fairy tales, but I'm also hoping for:
The Six Swans/Wild Swans
The Frog Prince
Sleeping Beauty
The Goose Girl

It'd also be interesting to see if they could do something with the Snow Queen. (but that's one I wish would be made into a movie, really).Well they did have Maleficent in the second episode. I hope they bring her back though, both because she was really underutilized and because I love Kristen Bauer.

lmarie086
04-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Well they did have Maleficent in the second episode. I hope they bring her back though, both because she was really underutilized and because I love Kristen Bauer.

Oh, that's right! :duh: Totally forgot, clearly she wasn't used enough. Kristen Bauer is awesome, love her on True Blood (speaking of which, can't wait for that to come back!)!

HeatherC
04-25-2012, 01:02 AM
I'm not going to spoiler tag this since it's not totally confirmed but there are some rumors are floating around that Maleficent will be back at some point but I have no idea if that would be this season or next season. I want to see her again too! :)

ChelleC
04-25-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm not going to spoiler tag this since it's not totally confirmed but there are some rumors are floating around that Maleficent will be back at some point but I have no idea if that would be this season or next season. I want to see her again too! :)

I think I've read the finale is when she'll return.

AshleyN
04-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Hmm, I was reading on another board and they were talking about how this episode showed that the Blue Fairy/Mother Superior remembers Fairy Tale World, but I must have missed that. Does anyone know what indicated it?

HeatherC
04-25-2012, 03:21 AM
Hmm, I was reading on another board and they were talking about how this episode showed that the Blue Fairy/Mother Superior remembers Fairy Tale World, but I must have missed that. Does anyone know what indicated it?

I don't remember that either. I think that person may have just interpreted it that way. I thought August went to see M. Superior because of the father thing (I really do think he's Pinocchio and wants to talk to Gepetto but can't because Gepetto doesn't have his memory yet) but maybe I'm wrong too. I think I need to watch the episode again...not that I mind this at all, LOL :shuffle:

ChelleC
04-25-2012, 03:55 AM

I think some of the indication is from the Blue Fairy being the most powerful being in the Fairy Tale World. Conjecture is if she is so powerful, then the curse may not have fully worked on her.

AshleyN
04-25-2012, 04:10 AM
I don't remember that either. I think that person may have just interpreted it that way. I thought August went to see M. Superior because of the father thing (I really do think he's Pinocchio and wants to talk to Gepetto but can't because Gepetto doesn't have his memory yet) but maybe I'm wrong too. I think I need to watch the episode again...not that I mind this at all, LOL :shuffle:Heh, I just assumed August fed her the line about his father because he knew that Rumple was following him, but the Gepetto thing makes sense too.

I think some of the indication is from the Blue Fairy being the most powerful being in the Fairy Tale World. Conjecture is if she is so powerful, then the curse may not have fully worked on her.That makes sense I guess, but yeah, nothing concrete.