PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

rjblue
04-05-2012, 03:16 AM
And only one person could be saved in the wardrobe made from the enchanted tree- but if Pinnochio was made from the tree, then maybe that wouldn't apply to him. I might have to download and re-watch the first episode.

Amy L
04-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Hulu still has the pilot episode up for free if you're in the US.

I've been thinking about August as Pinocchio as well. Other than the I don't lie line, I think the shin splints comment was meant as a Pinocchio joke. Other people have mentioned that in the original Italian version of Pinocchio, there were a lot more water references than the Disney version we're used to.

If Pinocchio was made out of the enchanted tree, maybe his magic-ness was something separate from the wardrobe spell? Gepetto could have been working on something on the side in order to save Pinocchio...

ChelleC
04-05-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm wondering what his issue is with Rumple though...in the next episode it looks like August and Rumple face off. I haven't quite figured out how that ties into my Pinnochio theory yet...

Am I the only one who thinks August is Rumple's son Baelfire? Or related to Baelfire in some way?

lmarie086
04-05-2012, 06:14 AM
ChelleC, you're not alone! There was some discussion of this a few posts earlier; I'm totally with you on this. I get the Pinnochio theory, but I thought the same as you do, and well that's the theory I'm partial to :lol:

Nan
04-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Hulu still has the pilot episode up for free if you're in the US.

You can also find it here:

http://abc.go.com/watch/once-upon-a-time/SH55126545/VD55187935/the-stable-boy

Under the current video, scroll to the right, it's the last one.

BigB08822
04-06-2012, 03:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that Rumple cursed him into being a puppet or something. The stories are always altered on this show.

Norlite
04-06-2012, 04:44 AM
I might have to download and re-watch the first episode.

Where do you download it? I checked CTV and they only had the last couple episodes.

rjblue
04-23-2012, 12:22 AM
I've seen tonights episode, so spoilers below.

So August is not Mr Gold's son. I wonder what is killing him to stay in this realm? If he is Pinocchio, is he turning to wood?

At least we know that Mr Gold was burying the knife, not something sinister, and he hasn't killed since he crushed the snail (eta- whoops, no he killed the maid too). We know that Emma is "The Savior". Sidney is still in love with the Queen.

It wasn't a "great" episode in terms of character reveals, but it was a good one for advancing the story.

Norlite
04-23-2012, 12:43 AM
I;m watching it now, and according to your spoilers, there must be a shocker nearer the end.

Ok. I must have missed a couple things. What was August trying to do with the knife and Mr. Gold?

HeatherC
04-23-2012, 02:19 AM
I;m watching it now, and according to your spoilers, there must be a shocker nearer the end.

Ok. I must have missed a couple things. What was August trying to do with the knife and Mr. Gold?

August was trying to take control of the 'Dark One' but he can't do that in a land that has no magic (aka Storybrooke). We don't really know how August knows about all this stuff yet but I imagine we'll find more about that next week.

I thought tonight's episode was a GREAT one for advancing the story and talk about coming full circle. So many answers! :) We now know that Rumpel has been looking for his son all these years, that the one deal he's ever broken is the one with Bae and that he still regrets it, why he hates fairies (and the nuns) so much, what he was burying back in the 7th episode when he ran into Graham in the woods (remember that??! :eek: ), why he created the curse in the first place, that good magic is more powerful than Rumpel's magic, more about who August ISN'T (I'm still betting on Pinnochio after tonight's ep), that Sidney is still a lovesick twit, and that Emma has had it up to HERE with Regina's crap and is more than ready to fight back. These next three episodes are going to be amazing! :biggrinbo

I love this show. :rollin:

Amy L
04-23-2012, 02:21 AM
He was trying to use the knife to take control over the Dark One, so that Rumples would do his bidding and heal him. If August is Pinocchio and being in this world is killing him, it seems like he needs magic to survive. Since Pinocchio was made real by magic, then the absence of magic is turning him back into wood???

Norlite
04-23-2012, 02:22 AM
August was trying to take control of the 'Dark One' but he can't do that in a land that has no magic (aka Storybrooke)

But why? To cure himself? To break the curse? Both?

eta: Posting at the same time as Amy. Thanks!

HeatherC
04-23-2012, 02:33 AM
He was trying to use the knife to take control over the Dark One, so that Rumples would do his bidding and heal him. If August is Pinocchio and being in this world is killing him, it seems like he needs magic to survive. Since Pinocchio was made real by magic, then the absence of magic is turning him back into wood???

That's what I was thinking too. He's turning back into wood because magic has been missing from his life for so long but I wonder if the pain started when Emma came to Storybrooke and that's what triggered something in him to return there. I still think he's both the boy who found Emma on the side of the road when she was a baby and a grown up Pinocchio made from the wood of the enchanted tree that saved her (and somehow him too). Now that she's arrived to break the curse, his body is reacting to the lack of magic and his only hope for survival is for the curse to finally break. I have no idea if this paragraph makes sense but it all makes sense in my head, I swear, LOL :rofl:

Spareoom
04-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I'm really thinking Pinocchio now, especially since that was a wooden toy that Gold found in his room, wasn't it? And the guy on the phone with August HAS to be Bae, or however you spell his name. Since we know that he's in Our World somewhere, and he knew about the knife. Bae, August and Emma would have been the only Fairly Tale characters outside of Storybrook for a looooong time, so I really find it hard to believe that they wouldn't be aware of each other; leaving Emma alone until she was old enough to do her job.

Was it just me, or was the Bean Portal or whatever it was called look awfully familiar to the portal from Andelasia to our world in Enchanted? ;) Giselle and Rapunzel are far too "fresh" of Disney characters to throw into Storybook but it's all Disney, so I expect a nod here or there. Honestly I can see the story in Enchanted running quite parallel to this story; it's obviously a different world that has similar portals and wasn't affected by the curse (or the story happened pre-curse, lol). Either way, nothing in Enchanted really clashes with anything in OUAT, so...

Anyway, maybe in a few seasons if the show lasts that long, we'll get Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore to do a Tangled cameo but I doubt it, lol.

HeatherC
04-23-2012, 05:06 AM
Yeah, I'm really thinking Pinocchio now, especially since that was a wooden toy that Gold found in his room, wasn't it? And the guy on the phone with August HAS to be Bae, or however you spell his name. Since we know that he's in Our World somewhere, and he knew about the knife. Bae, August and Emma would have been the only Fairly Tale characters outside of Storybrook for a looooong time, so I really find it hard to believe that they wouldn't be aware of each other; leaving Emma alone until she was old enough to do her job.

That's a good theory but Bae wasn't there when the curse was created so he wouldn't know anything about it or Emma for that matter. It seems like he ended up in the real world way before anything went haywire in Fairytale Land with Snow or the Evil Queen so that might be a stretch for him to know anything about Emma or August either since he wasn't there for any of it.

And call me crazy but I honestly think August was on the phone with Henry when he had the painful incident in his room. The very next scene was of the two of them together and they were on a covert mission for Operation Cobra. It makes the most sense. Watch the writers throw us all for a loop again and do something totally different, LOL :lol: