PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Spareoom
04-02-2012, 03:53 AM
Actually, regarding August: Having him being Rumple's son would actually make a LOT of sense. Think about it. Being the off-spring of Rumple, he could carry the same immunity to the curse that Emma does, because Rumple manipulated the curse for him. Or maybe Rumple sent August out before Regina set off the curse, like Snow and Charming sent Emma away, because he wanted him unaffected and knew he'd need/want someone on the other side. Lots of interesting theories. And he doesn't have to be Rumple's blood son either; remember he's been trying to coax babies out of various people; Cinderella being one of them.

Very telling episode, after all. And yeah, I can see how Regina has a case for Snow, but she WAY overreacted. But her mother's right; she's becoming more like her; maybe she always was. A truly understanding person would have realized that Snow had been played like a fiddle and wouldn't have taken it out on a child. But yeah, a messy situation all the way around. And Snow's dad is kind of a jerk to propose to Regina the second he laid eyes on her! Makes me doubt his intentions.

ETA: Oh yeah, CATHERINE is back. Wonder how they (as in the people of Storybrook) are going to explain how they found her heart but she's still alive? Bet Gold had her locked up somewhere and has released her at the right time to get the last word on Regina. This ought to do wonders for Emma if she starts to connect what happened to Graham with what happened to Catherine. Graham claimed Regina took his heart, and she's got Catherine's heart in her possession as we speak. Just another piece to the puzzle!

They are definitely setting up for Emma making some major inroads for figuring out the curse by the finale, which would be awesome. Because after all, the REAL battle will begin once all the gloves are off and both sides (or all three sides? Emma, Gold and Regina all have different objectives after all) know the score exactly. And we still need to see how Gold can use his influence over Emma by having the power of her name. I predict that for the season 2 finale. ;) Just figuring out the curse is enough for now!

kwanatic
04-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I loved last night's episode!

ITA about little Snow White; she was great! I knew I'd seen her in something before. She was in "Just Go With It" with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. She was really funny in it too!

The episode was wonderful. Now we know what Snow did (unintentionally) to ruin Regina's life. That's why she's so pissed off with Snow, though I agree about the overreacting thing. Snow, having lost her own mother, couldn't bear the idea of Regina losing hers; plus Cora totally played her, acting as if she'd be okay. You'd expect Regina to want to take it all out on her mother but the truth is Snow is to blame; if she hadn't told, she and Daniel could have run away together. Still, Snow was only trying to help and had no idea how evil Regina's mother was.

Man, how about that ending? I did not see that coming at all! I can't believe we have to wait nearly a month before we get to find out what happened. That discovery at the end is going to throw a pretty big wrench in the case against MM.

I like the theories about August...I could totally see that being the case. He's got some kind of power; he knows about what's going on in Storybrooke plus he has the ability to re-write some of the stories (ie. making Catherine leave). I'm really anxious to see how they wrap up the season. Though it's not officially renewed yet, you know it will be. It's one of the top rated programs on Sunday night.

We just have to wait until April 22nd...FML.

lmarie086
04-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I can't believe we have to wait until the 22nd. Maybe I'll do a marathon of all the episodes for a refresher, haha.

Totally forgot to mention before that little Snow White was absolutely precious. So well cast! She even got Ginnifer Goodwin's facial expressions down pat, and they looked so natural.

And ahhh, Catherine at the end! I didn't really think she was dead but I never even thought about how Regina likes to tear out hearts and how that could be Catherine's heart even if she was still alive. It'll be very interesting to see this season wrap up. IMO the writers have done an amazing job.

About August: another thing is I've noticed is that unless I've missed something somewhere, he and Mr. Gold have never had a scene before. I don't know if that means that they just haven't happened to cross paths, but with Storybrooke being a small town they would have to at some point, right? And in fairytale world, didn't Rumple's son run away? He could have escaped having his memory wiped in some way, and we don't know how many years passed between Rumple's turning and the curse. His son could have been full grown by the time that the curse was put in place.

HeatherC
04-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Regarding the August speculation (not a spoiler per se but I'll spoiler tag it just in case): You're right that August and Mr. Gold haven't had any scenes together yet which is kind of mysterious. That could put fuel on the rumors of August being Rumpel's son. We don't know what happened to Baelfire (his son) in Fairytale Land yet but I have a feeling that story will be part of the next episode too. It's supposed to be a Rumpel centric episode according to some synopsis things I've seen online. Either way it should be worth the wait!

Anxiously awaiting official renewal news still...come on ABC! :yikes: :cheer:

walei
04-03-2012, 06:36 AM
I think August is Pinocchio, because of him repeatedly saying he's not a liar.

Norlite
04-03-2012, 05:55 PM
I think August is Pinocchio, because of him repeatedly saying he's not a liar.

But August is someone who can come and go from Storybrooke. Like Emma. So I doubt he's a fairyland character.

Anything is possible, but I still lean towards him being the author of the book. maybe a Grimm brother.

Nan
04-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Anything is possible, but I still lean towards him being the author of the book. maybe a Grimm brother.

I keep coming back to this, too.

BigB08822
04-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I kept getting the Pinocchio vibe. He also made a comment that stood out about not seeing what is right in front of your face. I kept thinking about the nose. Maybe a character who was never a "real" boy could come and go from Storybrooke? That is one explanation. The other obvious choice is he wrote the book but that is reality, not a fairytale so that seems a little odd. I assume the Grimm brothers are real and not a made up story? The other theory about being Rumple's son is equally convincing. In other words, I have no idea and keep going in circles. lol

kwanatic
04-04-2012, 05:13 PM
There are a lot of theories as to who August is floating around. I don't think he's a Grimm brother; I read somewhere that the writers already dispelled this rumor.

He could be Rumple's son, but there'd have to be a lot of magic taking place in order for that to happen. Apparently there was a longer lapse in time than we realize between Rumple getting those powers and the casting of the curse...Rumple's son would have been much older than August is.

I'm on board with the Pinnochio theory and here's why: The wardrobe that was built to protect Emma from the curse was made from an enchanted tree. We all know Pinnochio was a wooden puppet who became a real boy...what if Pinnochio was also carved from that enchanted tree or an enchanted tree? Some form of protection would have been part of him and may have saved him from the curse. In addition to that, Emma was found by the side of the road by a 7-year old boy when she was a baby. Around the time of the curse Pinnochio appeared to be about that age, judging by the kid they show who is obviously Pinnochio as a real boy. Being that Pinnochio knew about the curse (he helped Geppetto make the magic wardrobe) and was protected from it, he and Emma were dumped in the real world and he grew up remembering what happened. He waited until Emma returned and then came back to help her and end the curse.

That's my theory anyway...:)

Nan
04-04-2012, 06:00 PM

It's a good theory.

BigB08822
04-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Great theory, kwanatic. :)

kwanatic
04-04-2012, 06:22 PM
^^Aww shucks, thanks ya'll! ;)

I think it fits, plus it makes sense with him saying he doesn't tell lies...BUT I don't get how he's able to re-write parts of the story. I believe he was the reason Catherine attempted to leave Storybrooke in the first place, b/c he re-wrote her part of the story and who knows what else.

I'm wondering what his issue is with Rumple though...in the next episode it looks like August and Rumple face off. I haven't quite figured out how that ties into my Pinnochio theory yet...

Nan
04-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I think I need to re-watch the original episode. It's been too long and I think I've forgotten too much.

pair mom
04-04-2012, 08:40 PM
There are a lot of theories as to who August is floating around. I don't think he's a Grimm brother; I read somewhere that the writers already dispelled this rumor.

He could be Rumple's son, but there'd have to be a lot of magic taking place in order for that to happen. Apparently there was a longer lapse in time than we realize between Rumple getting those powers and the casting of the curse...Rumple's son would have been much older than August is.

I'm on board with the Pinnochio theory and here's why: The wardrobe that was built to protect Emma from the curse was made from an enchanted tree. We all know Pinnochio was a wooden puppet who became a real boy...what if Pinnochio was also carved from that enchanted tree or an enchanted tree? Some form of protection would have been part of him and may have saved him from the curse. In addition to that, Emma was found by the side of the road by a 7-year old boy when she was a baby. Around the time of the curse Pinnochio appeared to be about that age, judging by the kid they show who is obviously Pinnochio as a real boy. Being that Pinnochio knew about the curse (he helped Geppetto make the magic wardrobe) and was protected from it, he and Emma were dumped in the real world and he grew up remembering what happened. He waited until Emma returned and then came back to help her and end the curse.

I like it...and think you are really onto something with "the wood from the enchanted tree" observation!

Norlite
04-05-2012, 02:56 AM
It's a good theory.

I agree!