PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Cherub721
11-08-2011, 10:15 PM
I also thought that perhaps the fiancee (or soon to be) was Cinderella. The only problem with that is that this lady was portrayed as a spoiled brat and clearly that isn't in line with Cinderella. We know she comes from royalty as he mentioned the merging of two Kingdoms. I can't think of who she would be but perhaps she isn't even supposed to be anyone well known. The other obvious choice would be one of the evil stepsisters from Cinderella but again, not from royal blood.

She could be Sleeping Beauty, who was born of royalty. They already have Maleficent and there might be some mixing of the stories. In ep 2, the Queen and Maleficent discussed how they swapped Maleficent's sleep curse for the dark curse... so maybe in this version, Sleeping Beauty never went to sleep, and was all set to marry her Prince. (That's assuming each curse can only be used once).

I'm loving this show also! "Grimm" is ok but it's more of a procedural and I prefer this type of serialized drama.

professordeb
11-09-2011, 12:11 AM
I've "dropped in" on Grimm and it isn't holding my interest as much as this show. Granted, I never find it at the beginning of the show -- usually as a result of looking at what else is on while a commercial is on during a show I'm watching. Yeah, I know, my bad but I really, really, really have no use for commercials except to get a drink, get good, empty bladder, let dogs outside/inside so... I check out the online guide.

Ummm, am I remembering wrong or weren't we told that woman who made her miraculous appearance to our modern day PC is his estranged wife - not fiance? I could, of course, be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time :D

Cherub721
11-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Ummm, am I remembering wrong or weren't we told that woman who made her miraculous appearance to our modern day PC is his estranged wife - not fiance? I could, of course, be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time :D

You are correct - in the modern world, she is his wife. However, in the fairy tale world, the same actress played his fiance, and he was trying to get the ring back so he could marry her.

Skittl1321
11-09-2011, 01:12 AM
You are correct - in the modern world, she is his wife. However, in the fairy tale world, the same actress played his fiance, and he was trying to get the ring back so he could marry her.

Unless she and Regina are lying, and she's just pretending to be his wife...

Wyliefan
11-09-2011, 01:37 AM
That's my guess. Regina's probably paying her or something.

CDANN1013
11-09-2011, 02:35 AM
According to aol tv Emile de ravin has been cast as Belle .

Carol

professordeb
11-09-2011, 03:13 AM

Ahhh, that was part of the show that I missed ... was late getting to this episode and missed the beginning. My thanks for clearing that up.

BigB08822
11-09-2011, 04:20 AM
According to aol tv Emile de ravin has been cast as Belle .

Carol

Weeee! :cheer:

walei
11-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Love this show!

Besides Belle and Cinderella, Gaston will also show up too :lol: I'm so glad ABC/Disney is giving the writers somewhat of a free reign on their takes with the fairy tales.

Is the yummy sheriff also a fairy tale character? Who might he be?

PRlady
11-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Is the yummy sheriff also a fairy tale character? Who might he be?

I was trying to figure that out too. He IS yummy. :lol:

And I am so :rofl: that this show has found so many fans here. Skating. Fairy tales. Uh, no link there, not at all, people with 1/3 of their brains in some fantasy realm....well whatever.

CDANN1013
11-10-2011, 01:58 AM
The comments on Watch with Kristin thinks the sherriff is the the Huntsman .

Carol

AshleyN
11-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Is the yummy sheriff also a fairy tale character? Who might he be?Most of the speculation I've seen seems to be either the Huntsman (from Snow White) or the Wolf (from Little Red Riding Hood).

Is it wrong that I'm hoping for the former, just because he's hot and I don't want him to be a villian?

Also, I'm wondering if showing David Anders' doctor character leering at Ruby/Red Riding Hood was meant to be a hint that he might be the wolf.

Also this is from awhle ago but:
Like the show...like that the first three "starring" are women--I'm so used to seeing shows that list several guys and maybe one or two girls in supporting roles. I totally agree with this. Also, I love that they're able to show conflict between women that doesn't involve them fighting over a guy (well, I guess technically Henry is a guy, but you know what I mean).

Cherub721
11-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Most of the speculation I've seen seems to be either the Huntsman (from Snow White) or the Wolf (from Little Red Riding Hood).

The huntsman makes sense... he works for the queen, but doesn't follow her orders (spares Snow's life). The sheriff works for Regina, but he seems to have a mind of his own as well, working with Emma despite Regina hating her.

walei
11-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Well Huntsman would fit him the most but that's a bit too obvious IMO. This show is from the writers from LOST, surprise us!!

Buzz
11-10-2011, 03:16 PM
I was not into fairy tales as a kid and most certain read none except Tom Thumb, so this show has me lost already. Who is the Huntsman?