PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

HeatherC
02-20-2012, 04:27 AM
It didn't bother me too much that there was no Rumpel in this episode (he hasn't really had a finger in the whole MM-David thing) and I actually found myself more curious than ever about the stranger (er, August...I guess we can use his name now that we know it, LOL). Why did he copy Henry's book and why is he really in Storybrooke? From his interactions with Emma tonight, and they have some really good chemistry IMO, it appears that he wants her to believe in magic and that the town is more than she's seeing so far. I'm also wondering if he knows about the pages that are missing from the book (the ones that Emma burned in the second episode that talk about her part in the story) because he definitely knows more than he's told anyone. I'm officially intrigued by him and I wonder what he's up to along with kind of liking him and Emma together now.

I actually felt bad for Katherine tonight because she kind of got screwed over by a lot of people. David wasn't honest with her about why he wanted to end their marriage (James is so honorable in Fairytale that it slightly annoys me how wimpy David is in Storybrooke), she had no clue about his affair with Mary Margaret, and she had to find out from Regina who she thought was a friend. It was slightly surprising for me to find out that Abigail wasn't the horrible person I originally thought she was in Fairytale. She and James were much better together once they both realized they didn't want to get married to each other. I guess it was Abigail's "Frederick" who found her wrecked car as she was trying to leave Storybrooke? It was hard for me to tell and I may have to watch that again. The next episode looks really interesting since we know that no one can leave the town and yet somehow Katherine is missing. :)

My fave line of the night goes to Granny when Emma was deciding whether or not to go with August on his motorcycle: "If you don't I will!" :rofl: lol: (I adore Granny after this episode....I think she's taking a real liking to Emma, almost like a real grandma to her. :))

Amy L
02-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Yes, the Storybrooke-Frederick is the one who found Katherine's car. He was also the guy who bumped into her in the school, it looks like he's the gym teacher there.

HeatherC
02-20-2012, 05:03 AM
Yes, the Storybrooke-Frederick is the one who found Katherine's car. He was also the guy who bumped into her in the school, it looks like he's the gym teacher there.

Thank you! I wondered about that interaction too because I couldn't tell if he was a student or a teacher at the time.....which now sounds silly since I obviously know that the school is an elementary school and he couldn't have been a student, LOL :lol:

Wyliefan
02-20-2012, 11:04 AM
It was slightly surprising for me to find out that Abigail wasn't the horrible person I originally thought she was in Fairytale.

She acted so differently from the way she's acted in previous episodes, I have to wonder if the writers changed course mid-stream, and decided to change her from an unlikable character to a likable one!

moojja
02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
She acted so differently from the way she's acted in previous episodes, I have to wonder if the writers changed course mid-stream, and decided to change her from an unlikable character to a likable one!

I always kinda felt bad for her. She was forced to marry a man she didn't love or know. Moving to a kingdom that only wanted her for her money. Then in real life, her husband is cheating on her, but it's with his "one true love", so everyone is ok with it. It sucks to be her.

BigB08822
02-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Doesn't anyone else wonder how Abigail got into Law School in Boston? Did she get her undergraduate from the University of Storybrooke? An online degree? I don't quite understand that. She couldn't leave to attend any other college and I don't think they went to college in Fairytale land so I doubt she came into this world with a college degree.

I am over the Snow White and Prince Charming story. They have drawn it out too long and made his real world character too unlikeable. He is a brave hero in fairytale land but in this life he is a coward. I used to think he was so handsome but lately I don't see it and I think it is because I don't like his personality any more, haha.

Lastly, the Queen seems to have keys to everyone house but her key ring only had about 10-15 keys on it. Does she just not care about everyone else or does she have tons of key rings with tons of keys and she has them all memorized?

About the episode with Belle. I am having a disagreement with someone. Were we supposed to think that Belle has gone crazy in the real world and been locked up or are we supposed to assume that the Queen is up to her evil deeds and keeping her hidden from Rumple, who thinks Belle is dead. I think she is just being stashed away but my friend thinks she is actually crazy. She could be crazy, but I seriously doubt she was when she was first put in there. Since Rumple remembers everything then the Queen has to continue hiding her even in this world.

HeatherC
02-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Doesn't anyone else wonder how Abigail got into Law School in Boston? Did she get her undergraduate from the University of Storybrooke? An online degree? I don't quite understand that. She couldn't leave to attend any other college and I don't think they went to college in Fairytale land so I doubt she came into this world with a college degree.

I am over the Snow White and Prince Charming story. They have drawn it out too long and made his real world character too unlikeable. He is a brave hero in fairytale land but in this life he is a coward. I used to think he was so handsome but lately I don't see it and I think it is because I don't like his personality any more, haha.

Lastly, the Queen seems to have keys to everyone house but her key ring only had about 10-15 keys on it. Does she just not care about everyone else or does she have tons of key rings with tons of keys and she has them all memorized?

About the episode with Belle. I am having a disagreement with someone. Were we supposed to think that Belle has gone crazy in the real world and been locked up or are we supposed to assume that the Queen is up to her evil deeds and keeping her hidden from Rumple, who thinks Belle is dead. I think she is just being stashed away but my friend thinks she is actually crazy. She could be crazy, but I seriously doubt she was when she was first put in there. Since Rumple remembers everything then the Queen has to continue hiding her even in this world.

I don't know how Abigail got into that school but it sounds like it could be one heck of a good advertisement for the University of Phoenix, LOL :P

I don't mind the David/MM and Snow/Charming stories because we know in the end that they do find each other. We're just now seeing the how that came to be and obviously they can't resolve everything that fast. Also, the curse has made David a completely different version of himself. Charming is secure, noble, honorable, and confident but David is none of those things and even though he tried to do the right thing for MM, he totally didn't know how to do it without hurting Abigail and ended up hurting everyone. I know it's hard but we have to remember that the curse made everyone in Storybrooke totally different from their Fairytale selves and as things keep changing, it's reasonable to assume that the right parts of their personalities will start coming out again. BTW-If everyone was suddenly happy in Storybrooke, the show would be over and that would be the end of it and I'm so not ready for this show to be over quite that fast, LOL :lol:

I think we're supposed to assume that the Queen has been keeping her hidden away from Rumpel for all this time so she can have one big thing to use against him in the future if need be. I don't think Belle's crazy but maybe we'll find that out for sure in a future episode. I'm not sure we have enough information to know one way or the other yet but I think she's just keeping her hidden away from Rumpel and being her normal Evil Queen self.

And as much as I'm looking forward to seeing Billy Crystal host the Oscars again, I hate that OUAT is being preempted for another week. :(

HeatherC
03-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Paleyfest is going on in California this weekend and they're having a Once Upon a Time panel at 4 PM EST which will be streamed online at the below link. It sounds like it will be pretty cool and a lot of the OUAT folks will be there. Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Raphael Sbarge, Lana Parilla, and Robert Carlyle are there from the cast and Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (the creators) will be there too taking questions. Here's the link to get the live stream and I'm really glad the show is back on the air tonight. :cheer:

http://www.paleycenter.org/paleyfest2012-onceuponatime

mpal2
03-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Here's the link to get the live stream and I'm really glad the show is back on the air tonight. :cheer:

http://www.paleycenter.org/paleyfest2012-onceuponatime

I love the lady that thanked Charming for moving her 13 yr old granddaughter on past Justin Bieber. :lol:

rjblue
03-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I've had this nagging feeling for the last few hours that I was forgetting something. I just checked the primetime listings for tonight, and realised that I forgot to watch OUAT at 7:00. It's the only thing all week that I watch before 9pm but now I'll have to get if off the internet and watch it tomorrow. I HATE having to wait.

mpal2
03-05-2012, 12:57 AM
I am so glad you posted or I would have missed it too. :)

ChelleC
03-05-2012, 01:19 AM
I almost forgot about it too.

Amy L
03-05-2012, 02:37 AM
I thought this one was kinda boring. :slinkaway

pair mom
03-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Me too....worried that this program is going downhill fast....no imagination and no dramatic tension to keep us watching.....sad..it started so well. :(

TanithandBenFan
03-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Aww, I thought it was sweet and funny. I am a little confused about Grumpy's backstory, though, and how it jives with what he told Snow when they were in the palace jail. I thought he lost his great love because he was framed for stealing diamonds?