PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

manhn
02-14-2012, 06:11 AM
That was a great episode. I am really looking forward to the rivalry between Rumple and the Queen.

Nan
02-14-2012, 03:50 PM
That was a great episode. I am really looking forward to the rivalry between Rumple and the Queen.

For me, that's the best story line so far.

There was a lot of emphasis on "true love's kiss" in this episode. I think at some point, it will play a major role in breaking the curse, but no too soon, and it will have to involve both of the "kissers."

rjblue
02-15-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm so glad I had a chance to watch this episode without anyone interrupting me.

Some wonderful sets and costuming in this one. The best episodes are ones like this, where Fairytale Land is the central story.

When I watched the first show I never would have predicted that Rumplestiltskin would be the romantic hero/villain Rochester type. Tears didn't fall, but my eyes welled up a few times.

And wasn't Emma's hair fabulous.

HeatherC
02-15-2012, 03:20 AM
Or maybe they both have to believe in the curse/be skeptical of the Storybrook reality? Graham was definitely having flashbacks of his life as a hunter, while Emma is definitely believes that the town is not as it should be (though she doesn't exactly believe Henry's version.

Graham didn't have any memories of his Fairytale life until he kissed Emma for the first time when they were arguing after he nearly hit her with the dart at the diner/bar/hangout. Then he started having dreams/memories about his life as the Huntsman and started seeing the wolf around town. His full memory came back after Emma kissed him in the Sheriff's office but they also had a specific connection to each other through him sparing her mother's life in Fairytale land (Show White). So maybe the two people have to have a specific connection in order for Emma to affect them? Her blanket had an effect on MM a few episodes ago so that could be something. Hmmm...

I loved Sunday's episode. I feel like the writers are setting up chess pieces with the stories right now and any time they're going to spring something big on the viewers. Robert Carlyle is SUCH a talented actor and he steals nearly every scene he's in. I love him and Regina going up against each other. I think the only side he's on is his own side and he'll do just about anything he can to gain leverage for his own purpose. It was a fascinating take on the Beauty and the Beast story and I thought Emilie de Ravin did a great job. I also liked that Emma got a few minutes of something happy (time with Henry) considering I feel like she's been dumped on ten fold these last few episodes (seriously guys, there better be some payoff coming soon for her, LOL). I think the David/MM story is about to come front and center next week and that should be pretty great. BTW-I never thought I'd get teary over a chipped cup but there I was all teary when Regina gave it back to Rumple! I'm such a sap, LOL :lol:

Anyone else notice that Regina had to listen when Mr. Gold said please? Nice nod back to the earlier episode where he asked for that from her before he gave the Evil Queen the Curse. :)

And Emma's hair always looks fabulous. :)

BigB08822
02-15-2012, 04:49 AM
The last episode was definitely one of my favorites. Any episode focusing on Rumple is going to be amazing. The way they retold the Beauty and the Beast story was just incredible. I don't know how they come up with this stuff! I wonder if Rumple will end up being the hero by killing the Queen and having to give up his power while doing so?

Kruss
02-15-2012, 04:57 AM
I'm so exasperated with willy nilly David that I'm kinda over the Snow/Prince relationship. But I loved this episode. I am way more into the dynamic of the Rumple/Queen dispute.

And Rumple is the Snape of this show. Evil yet tragic and romantic all in one.

ChelleC
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
And Rumple is the Snape of this show. Evil yet tragic and romantic all in one.

So true. Rumple is fascinating.

mpal2
02-15-2012, 05:33 PM
The Belle/Rumplestiltskin episode has been my favorite so far. I haven't been faithful about keeping up with this show as much but I will definitely be paying attention for any additional Rumple moments from now on. He has stolen the show for me. I even like his insane giggle in the flashbacks and I originally thought it would annoy me. It's only managed to grow on me. :)

Nan
02-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I even like his insane giggle in the flashbacks and I originally thought it would annoy me. It's only managed to grow on me. :)

I agree with you, but not everyone does:

...but what I was not prepared for was Robert Carlyle's eery, chittering laugh to be thrown in after every line.You could have "a body like Arnold and a Denzel face" and I still wouldn't let you near me if that Leprechaun chuckle came out of your throat. Curly-toed shoes, decades of age difference and rotting prosthetic teeth aside, there's no love that could overlook a shriek-chuckle like that.

http://www.tv.com/news/once-upon-a-time-deeply-disappointing-27822/

BigB08822
02-16-2012, 04:11 AM
I love his little laugh!!

HeatherC
02-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Rumpel's laugh helps make him even more fascinating. You never know what he's up to or which side he's on and then he laughs and it makes it even better. I love it! :D

kwanatic
02-16-2012, 04:20 PM
I just love this show! I love the actors, specifically the Queen/Regina and Rumple/Mr. Gold...I love Snow White/Mary Margaret as well, but the Queen and Rumple take the cake for me. I love how the story is slowly coming together. It's strange because the backstory isn't being given in chronological order; it's a little mixed up, but it ends up feeling like this awesome puzzle that you have to put together.

Something told me that Mr. Gold knew about the curse. It was like the fourth or fifth episode when he and Regina were standing in her garden under those gorgeous apple trees and he was requesting something. The last word he said was "please" and a little twitch crossed her face. He may have been feigning like he didn't know, but we all know those two know what's going on now.

Next week should be pretty good too. This show and Grimm are my two new favorites. If you've never watched Grimm you should give it a go. It's very very different from Once Upon a Time but I really like it as well...

Spareoom
02-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Rumple always knew about the curse; he's the one who gave it to the evil queen. But she never thought that he'd remember his old life; but clearly he planned ahead. She couldn't have thought that someone as powerful as Rumple would just go quietly, did she?

rjblue
02-19-2012, 11:15 PM
So tonight's episode is about Snow and Prince Charming. I'm really looking forward to finding out what happened with Princess Abigail, and I'm crossing my fingers that we are done with the cheating story in Storyville. I'll spoiler any further comments as I'm probably seeing this hours before many of you.

So-with Rumplestiltskin, they moved me from him being a mildly interesting side character to my favourite storyline.

And now with Snow and Charming they've moved me from a fascinating main storyline to a "would you just get it over with and show some other people" storyline. Abigail and Frederick are much more interesting in this episode. I wonder where Frederick is in Storyville, and what the mayor has done with him- because she must be involved in this.

Definitely no happily ever after for Mary Margaret.

Wyliefan
02-20-2012, 02:01 AM
No Rumpel in this one! Pretty strange for a character who usually has a finger (or three) in every pie.