PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Wyliefan
01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
A lot of real-life politicians get away with worse . . . :slinkaway

mpal2
01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
I thought I had figured out what Snow did to piss the Queen off, I assumed Snow killed Genie or had him arrested but that wasn't it. Have we found out what went down and I just forgot or is that still a mystery? I still love how they weave these stories/fairy tales together and make it work.

I haven't figured it out yet so I'm hoping that 2 of us being confused means they haven't explained it yet. :lol:

ITA that they are doing a great job of weaving classic tales together and putting them in a new perspective.

professordeb
01-31-2012, 06:58 PM
I think the Queen is so PO'd with Snow because it is very obvious her father loves & adores her, citing how much she looks like her mother. I think it's also obvious that this new Queen realizes that she comes at the very best, only 3rd in her husband's love life. Can be a bitter pill to swallow if you are someone who believes they are the fairest in all the land. IMO, that's why she was so ripe for the picking when the genie came along - at least it seemed so until she got him to a place where she can manipulate. She likely manipulated the king to some degree but has found she can't do that with Snow. Poor Queenie/Regina -- NOT!

Wyliefan
01-31-2012, 08:13 PM
That's probably part of it, but there's more to it than that. There was one episode where the queen said something like, "I told her a secret and she couldn't keep it."

BigB08822
01-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah, Snow did something specific. It doesn't appear to just be a jealousy issue. Besides, killing Snow's father should be reason enough to move on if it was just about jealousy. I haven't seen anything to believe that EVERY single man fall's at Snow's feet. She seemed pretty single before running into Prince Charming.

Nan
01-31-2012, 08:35 PM
I just file in in my "Storybrook is not real" folder, because I think the people there do not operate under normal logical motivation. I don't think a real Mary Margaret would ever enjoy a picnic with a married man. Emma's troubled life is because she is not truly of this world.

I buy that excuse for the mental haze many of the townspeople seem to be in and the odd behavior they exibit sometimes, but not Emma. She escaped the spell and should be sharper. Yes, it would put her a bit off-kilter to deal with the "Story Book" people and their often odd reactions, but if she is supposed to save them, she is going to have to step up her game.

The thing that keeps me coming back now is Mr. Gold. Love the character and the actor.

Orable
02-01-2012, 02:06 AM
I just file in in my "Storybrook is not real" folder, because I think the people there do not operate under normal logical motivation.
The characters in Storybrooke are clearly under a spell - the one that the Evil Queen put them in. Their "real" life is in the fairytales. That's why no one can remember how long they've lived in Storybrooke or how they know each other - remember when the Sheriff (RIP) was asking Mary Margaret if she thought it was weird that she has hazy memories of him and of the kids in her class? The way everyone acts in Storybrooke is because they're under the spell.

I buy that excuse for the mental haze many of the townspeople seem to be in and the odd behavior they exibit sometimes, but not Emma. She escaped the spell and should be sharper. Yes, it would put her a bit off-kilter to deal with the "Story Book" people and their often odd reactions, but if she is supposed to save them, she is going to have to step up her game.
Yeah, I don't think that Emma should be operating under the spell, which is why I think [really, really hope!] that she was double crossing Sydney all last ep. She's shown us all season that she's way smarter than she behaved last week.

HeatherC
02-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Maybe its just me but I think Emma's issue is that she's thinking more about Henry's best interests and that now present 'mothering instinct' is clouding her normally stoic and smart instincts. Henry is the closest thing she has to family now. She grew up with no family and no one to really care about her so when Henry said he was worried about something happening to her a few weeks ago, it may have been one of very few times anyone has cared for her well being and she's been trying to protect him much more these last few episodes. She may not be part of the spell but she's operating IMO under a tough exterior that masks a deep pain she's carried her whole life and that sort of mentality doesn't always make great decisions. I hope she figures Sidney out soon if she hasn't all ready. Emma is the character I feel the most for since I grew up w/a deadbeat dad and know what it feels like to struggle with feeling abandoned and alone. Jennifer Morrison has really impressed me with how she's handling all the different emotional crap they throw at Emma. :respec:

Did anyone else think that new playground equipment looked awfully unsafe?! :eek:

Cachoo
02-01-2012, 04:10 AM
Yes---I wonder if the evil queen has a lair underneath.

BigB08822
02-01-2012, 04:25 AM
Yes---I wonder if the evil queen has a lair underneath.

That is what I was thinking. She was building that to cover up what she was REALLY working on. Didn't they say she took $50,000? Did that playground look like it cost $50,000? And to put it out in the middle of the woods!? Something else was definitely going on, me thinks.

Spareoom
02-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Good episode yesterday!

I thought it was really significant in that Regina finally confirmed that Mr. Gold knows who he is, and he knows who she is. Can't wait to see how things go once the gloves come off. The first step was acknowledging who they really are; soon they will stop pretending all together and just have at it. Whee! Should be fun.

The Ashley storyline was cute; I was hoping we'd see her character again. I wonder when Regina will notice that some people are able to be happy after all? Although since the whole deal is about Snow anyway, I don't think she's really going to care unless Mary Margaret and Charlie make some serious inroads. Looks like this ep was another step back in that direction. Can Catherine walk off a cliff or something? ;) JK, of course! It's not her fault; she's as much a victim of this curse as anyone. I hope there's a perfect match or life for her in Fairyland so she can get a happy ending too.

Interesting development with Belle. It does bring some added humanity to Mr. Gold's character...I wonder what he's going to do when he finds out that Belle's locked up in a psych ward and that Regina knew about it the whole time? Maybe I was wrong; maybe Regina really IS the big baddy and that Rumple will go all crazy on her someday. At least we know that he does, or did, have a heart, whereas I've not seen any indication of Regina ever having one!

Orable
02-14-2012, 01:31 AM
I liked this week's episode, too :) I do have one nit to pick (well, I have a bunch, but I haven't seen anyone mention this yet): In fairy tale land, the Queen told Belle that true love's kiss will break any curse. Ok, I believe it. But how come Ashley and Sean didn't remember who they are yet? Haven't we seen Mary Margaret & David kiss? Still, no recollections, no broken curse. I'm confuzzled.

Spareoom
02-14-2012, 01:48 AM
Well, A: She could have been stretching the truth. Clearly, True Loves Kiss does break SOME curses (Belle/Rumple, Graham/Emma), but maybe one of the "kissers" has to be unaffected by the spell. Both Ashley, Sean, Mary Margaret and David are all under the same curse, whereas with the others, one of the kissing party was not under the curse. Maybe that's it?

Man, I set out to write this post just to offer suggestions, and I do think that I may have figured it out! ;) I guess we'll see if Emma starts kissing up anyone else. ;)

Cherub721
02-14-2012, 02:28 AM
I just watched last night's episode... that was awesome. I had rolled my eyes when I first heard Claire from Lost was playing Belle, but she was perfect, and I even bought the love story with Rumple. Loved Rumple going off on her father in Storybrooke and basically mixing up the worlds. Also, lurved the little nods to the movie, turning Gaston into the rose :rofl:, and making "Chip" the cup such an important part of the plot.

Next week looks interesting.... I thought that might be the mermaid, but it looked more like a siren with the ability to change forms? Very cool.

Orable
02-14-2012, 03:52 AM
Well, A: She could have been stretching the truth. Clearly, True Loves Kiss does break SOME curses (Belle/Rumple, Graham/Emma), but maybe one of the "kissers" has to be unaffected by the spell. Both Ashley, Sean, Mary Margaret and David are all under the same curse, whereas with the others, one of the kissing party was not under the curse. Maybe that's it?
Or maybe they both have to believe in the curse/be skeptical of the Storybrook reality? Graham was definitely having flashbacks of his life as a hunter, while Emma is definitely believes that the town is not as it should be (though she doesn't exactly believe Henry's version.

I like our explanations better than what is probably the case: that this is just a plot hole the writers missed :(