PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

rjblue
01-24-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm really looking forward to the fairytale land story of how Snow and the Queen and the dwarves make out. I like how the people there seem more real than in Storybrook.

Everyone in Storybrook seems slightly off in their interactions, and I like that they are clearly operating under a spell- thus I can forgive Mary Margaret's and James' behaviour.

love skating
01-24-2012, 03:11 AM
I really love this show, though I do wonder how long it can last.

I noticed the Apollo chocolate bar in the store - isn't that a Lost shout out?

HeatherC
01-24-2012, 04:29 AM
I really love this show, though I do wonder how long it can last.

I noticed the Apollo chocolate bar in the store - isn't that a Lost shout out?

Yes, definitely another Lost shout out. Someone pointed out last night that the book MM was reading at the table when she saw David at 7:15 AM was also either seen or mentioned several times on Lost. I love seeing those sort of things on this show. :D

My theory on why MM and David didn't remember anything when they kissed is because they haven't been as affected by something personal and Emma related yet. Graham was affected by their kiss because of his deep connection to Snow White in Fairytale (he spared her life as the Huntsman which allowed Emma to be born later) and the memories were brought on by that first kiss with Emma and eventually he remembered everything after their second kiss. I think something from Fairytale also has to be involved with Emma somehow for memories to come back. If you remember from an earlier episode, David was very affected by seeing Emma's glass unicorn mobile in Mr. Gold's shop and obviously MM was affected by seeing Emma's baby blanket. I think it's things like that which will start triggering some memories for them. The writers have said recently that the Curse is only the tip of the iceberg for what's all going to happen with these characters so I'm trusting in them right now for how things are going to play out. It sounds like they have a complete plan in place with a lot of different ways they can go so I'm just going to enjoy the ride. :cheer:

BTW-Another theory I read last night was that the stranger is a Grimm brother who may have written Henry's Fairytale book. Not sure how I feel about that (I think he may be the author of the newspaper article about when Emma was found on the road as a baby) but it's an interesting theory. Speculation is he's another Fairytale character that just wasn't as visible to Regina since she enacted the Curse but I don't know about that one.

Spareoom
01-24-2012, 05:20 AM
Ooh...I LIKE that theory about the author! That would make sense. I guess I assumed that the book just *was* in Storybrook, but seeing how it's caused endless trouble for Regina (via Henry finding it and going after Emma, etc.) maybe it's not something that was part of Regina's set-up at all.

Maybe as the author, he's a sort of deity to Fairytale, lol.

BigB08822
01-24-2012, 06:44 AM
So perhaps when the curse was enacted it sent a shockwave through time and space and that is what brought down the plane on Lost. :lol:

Nan
01-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Anyone still watching?

nlyoung
01-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Anyone still watching?

I was late to the show though I had been recording them, and finally watched all the episodes over a period of a week at the beginning of January. I am still hooked, though this week's episode was one of the weakest to date I thought.

Wyliefan
01-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I thought it was one of the stronger ones in recent weeks. :) But the look at next week's ep had me :rofl: . Now Rumpelstiltskin is the Beast?? Increasingly, the rationale behind these stories seems to be, "Robert Carlyle is brilliant, let's make him do EVERYTHING!"

nlyoung
01-30-2012, 07:48 PM
I thought it was one of the stronger ones in recent weeks. :) But the look at next week's ep had me :rofl: . Now Rumpelstiltskin is the Beast?? Increasingly, the rationale behind these stories seems to be, "Robert Carlyle is brilliant, let's make him do EVERYTHING!"

I missed the preview as my recording cut out with the last scene of the mayor and her minion. I'll have to check it out :)

Nan
01-30-2012, 08:12 PM
I was working last night and had to watch online today. I don't think they showed the preview.

Emma is starting to irritate me a bit. It's starting to look like she falls for anything anyone tells her without proof. I wouldn't have trusted "Mr Glass" at all knowing he was already in the Queen's pocket once.

Wyliefan
01-30-2012, 08:49 PM
She was definitely a little irritating.

mpal2
01-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I missed last weeks episode so was very surprised to see Snow and Charming sneaking out for a lover's tryst. I need to catch up on Hulu.

rjblue
01-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Emma is starting to irritate me a bit. It's starting to look like she falls for anything anyone tells her without proof.
I just file in in my "Storybrook is not real" folder, because I think the people there do not operate under normal logical motivation. I don't think a real Mary Margaret would ever enjoy a picnic with a married man. Emma's troubled life is because she is not truly of this world.

I loved the fairytale land story. I wonder why the kindly king ever married the evil queen. Was she always this way, was he duped by an evil woman, or did he twist her into who she is?

BigB08822
01-31-2012, 05:40 AM
I thought this was one of the cornier episodes. Some of it just felt odd and rushed, especially the beginning with the genie lamp being found. Emma aggravated me as well in this episode. I thought I had figured out what Snow did to piss the Queen off, I assumed Snow killed Genie or had him arrested but that wasn't it. Have we found out what went down and I just forgot or is that still a mystery? I still love how they weave these stories/fairy tales together and make it work.

manhn
01-31-2012, 06:26 AM
I always hate tv episodes where they make a large group of people really stupid (i.e. juries, citizens of a town, a classroom of students, etc). I mean, the mayor still used tax money to buy land in her own name! To build a playground--deep in the woods?!?! People are okay with this?!?!?