PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

HeatherC
01-16-2012, 03:23 AM
Has anyone besides me seen this yet tonight? The Hansel and Gretel and their dad story was relatively boring, but all the story bits with the regulars were interesting. The moment when Evil Queen asked the children why they didn't pick her was telling. And I liked the scene with Mr Gold. And the mother-daughter bonding going on with Snow and Emma. And who is the new guy?!

I KNEW that blanket was going to start triggering things in MM! :biggrinbo I've been thinking that since we first saw that Emma had kept it all these years. That has to come into play again at some point. I really love the bonding between Emma and MM and I actually like that Emma told MM about Henry's theory for them. It should make for some interesting conversations in the next episodes. Their friendship is one of my favorites on the show and when MM finds out that Emma really is her grown up daughter, well, that should be quite the episode! :D

Tonight wasn't a big bang up type of episode but dang it, I'm just glad one episode ended really happy after the last few (even last week's ended a little shady with Mr. Gold's reminder to Emma that she still owes him a favor). I loved how passionate Emma was to help those kids and keep them out of the system that failed her growing up. Her heart is definitely in the right place when it comes to trying to help others even if she isn't always sure if she's doing the right thing. I'm glad things worked out for the Storybrooke kids and it's always a big deal when Emma shows emotion. This was definitely personal for her. I felt bad for her feeling like she had to tell Henry false information about his father and it makes me wonder what the true story is about him. I like how we learn little pieces about Emma and her life through all the events and goings on in Storybrooke. :)

The Queen's story with Hansel and Gretel was interesting in her question to the father about why the kids chose him instead of her. The Queen is definitely struggling with the concept of family and choices people make and I can't wait to find out more about what's happened to make her so evil. There's definitely more to that story. I was amused at Hansel's comment about how they went through all that stuff with the Blind Witch for just an apple, LOL :lol:

Don't know who the new guy is but I hope we start finding out more about him soon. He wasn't bad to look at and I have a feeling the bad guy type is one who all ready has Emma's attention (more than just as the Sheriff, LOL). :P

Next week's episode looks really good. Fave Evil Queen comment tonight was her one about how Snow is now hanging out with dwarves, LOL :rofl:

HeatherC
01-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Anybody else watch tonight? I think this thread is going to get lost in all the Canadians, Europeans, and US Nats stuff for a while but I'm still watching and loving this show. :biggrinbo

Skittl1321
01-23-2012, 03:27 AM
I watched it (not live, I was watching Novice pairs).

The episode was fine, but I'm not as in love with this show as I was when it started. I'll keep watching though.

KatieC
01-23-2012, 04:01 AM
I watched, but I guess I need to pay more attention, because I never pick up half the stuff mentioned here. Of course, it would probably help to stay in the same room with the TV.

rjblue
01-23-2012, 04:11 AM
It wasn't aired on a channel I get tonight (damn football!), but I've got the episode downloaded to watch tomorrow night.

Wyliefan
01-23-2012, 04:58 AM
It's kind of getting to be an exercise in frustration. One step forward, seventeen steps back. Still, I'll keep watching for a while and see if things pick up.

moojja
01-23-2012, 05:09 AM
I'm so pissed at the prince. You just promise your wife to go to marriage counseling together, and then you kissed another woman!

TanithandBenFan
01-23-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm so pissed at the prince. You just promise your wife to go to marriage counseling together, and then you kissed another woman!

But he's really married to Mary Margaret so I totally forgive him. :D That kiss was :smokin:

Wyliefan
01-23-2012, 01:49 PM
The whole thing's so complicated it's headache-inducing. He's trying to be a good husband at first, but he's not REALLY married to Kathryn at all, but he THINKS he's really married to her, so he should be faithful, but he's REALLY married to another woman, so basically he's cheating on HER . . . aaaarrrggghh!

Nan
01-23-2012, 03:32 PM
It's kind of getting to be an exercise in frustration. One step forward, seventeen steps back. Still, I'll keep watching for a while and see if things pick up.

I would like to see a little more forward progress, too.

skatingfan5
01-23-2012, 04:10 PM
I would like to see a little more forward progress, too.If it seemed that the show were only going to last one season, then I think there would be a lot of forward progress. However, since the ratings indicate it will be around for at least another year (if not more), then I think it will be "one step forward and 17 steps back" -- or at least 5 steps back. ;) Of course, if the slow pace causes interest and viewership to really drop off (as some here have indicated it has for them), then we'll likely get warp speed forward momentum. :lol:

Skittl1321
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
^
This is the problems with shows that seem to have definitive ends, or at least story arc goals (How I Met Your Mother is a perfect example).

You can't keep them going forever.

HIMYM used to be one of my favorite shows, and now it is just terrible. Get to the point! Then figure out whether the show should have been a mini-series, or has somewhere else to go.

I hope OUAT doesn't drag this out for five seasons of us going "seriously, someone remember something!"

BigB08822
01-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Was anyone else really REALLY pissed off that after they finally kissed there were no memories? Did I forget something but why did the Sheriff have his memories flooding back when he had a kiss but these two did not? Their kiss should have been especially important since they are true loves. I totally expected them to have all the flashbacks but no, just a kiss with a shot of the evil queen looking on. Rumple said true love was the strongest magic of all so it should break the curse, easily.

Skittl1321
01-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Maybe you have to kiss Emma directly. That's going to be awkward when she gets to her Dad...

Spareoom
01-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Haha! :p

I think that maybe you need to have a very personal connection with Emma directly. We saw how Mary Margaret got all weird when she saw Emma's baby blanket. I think that if she (and James, for that matter) start to get more of a personal (not friendship) connection with Emma, they are going to start remember.