PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

mpal2
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Each episode has been stronger than the last so far, IMO.

I agree. I hope the trend keeps up and that it was just an issue of the writers and actors getting more comfortable with their characters and story lines.

Satellitegirl
11-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Yep I agree that it only keeps getting better. So far miss mayor(evil witch) is keeping up her facade well.

I hope this is getting great ratings and will be around for a while.

genevieve
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure if the show I watched last night was the latest one or the previous week's, because I thought I had missed an episode, but last night's seemed to pick up after the pilot.

Anyway, I really like the show. I know several reviewers have said Grimm is the better show, but I think they're different enough to stand on their own - and I really like Once Upon a Time. All the actors are great (I'm a big fan of Lana Parilla), and the setting reminds me of shows like Persons Unknown or even Happy Town (stop rolling your eyes Peter G!!!). I really hope this one sticks around.

AshleyN
11-07-2011, 08:36 PM
I know several reviewers have said Grimm is the better show,Really? Weird - I haven't watched Grimm, so I wouldn't know, but just about every review that I saw that compared the two shows said this one was better.

emason
11-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm not sure if the show I watched last night was the latest one or the previous week's, because I thought I had missed an episode, but last night's seemed to pick up after the pilot.

They aired two episodes last night - a repeat of last week's episode followed by the new one for this week. Maybe you caught the first but not the second.

Artemis@BC
11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
I know several reviewers have said Grimm is the better show, but I think they're different enough to stand on their own - and I really like Once Upon a Time.

I agree that they are different enough from each other, the comparison is minimal. You might as well compare it with True Blood, or Terra Nova. ;)

That being said, though, I much prefer this show to Grimm. I gave Grimm 2 episodes, but now I'm done. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't special either. And there's just way too much good & interesting TV on right now.

Once Upon a Time, oth, is great. Fresh, original, all good stuff. And I'm even starting to like Jennifer Morrison. A little.

I watch it on time shift so I can everything in.
6 pm is this show
7 is Battle of the Blades
8 is Amazing Race
9 is Good Wife

I don't have a time-shift option, but because a couple of the shows are at different times on their Canadian carriers in the BC time zone, I do have a choice. Which is good, since about 50% of my must-see TV is on Sunday nights right now! But even with that I still have to press the DVRs into service. So I have to fit in the most efficient combo of:

6:00 Masterpiece (2 hr)
7:00 Once Upon a Time
8:00 Battle of the Blades / Once Upon a Time
9:00 The Good Wife / Masterpiece
10:00 PanAm / The Good Wife

peibeck
11-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Great episode. Is Prince Charming's fiancee in real fairy tale?

I think Prince Charming's fiancee is going to turn out to be Cinderella.

Wyliefan
11-07-2011, 11:57 PM
And I'm even starting to like Jennifer Morrison. A little.

She's doing great, I think. I always thought the problem with Cameron was the writing, not the acting, and now I think she's confirming that.

Why the House writers have had so much difficulty writing women, I can't begin to fathom. . . .

AshleyN
11-08-2011, 12:30 AM
I think Prince Charming's fiancee is going to turn out to be Cinderella.Wasn't his fiance the girl in the carriage/the woman who showed up at the end? Cinderella is in the next episode, played by a different actress. For anyone who watched Veronica Mars, you might recognize her as Hannah, the plastic surgeon's daughter/Logan's brief love interest from Season 2.

genevieve
11-08-2011, 12:34 AM
They aired two episodes last night - a repeat of last week's episode followed by the new one for this week. Maybe you caught the first but not the second.
That must be it - I was surprised to find it on at 7pm, thought it was on at 8pm (sounds like that's the norm) and I watch TAR then.

At least I'm now only 1 ep behind :)

centerstage01
11-08-2011, 01:44 AM
I tried watching Grimm and actually fell asleep during this past week's episode. I'm finding it to be something to watch if there's nothing else on.

With OUAT, I cannot wait for each episode. I record it and watch it again. The acting is great and the story is compelling. What's not to like? I can't wait for it to be released on DVD so we can see extras and interviews and so I don't have to keep fast-forwarding through commercial breaks!

HeatherC
11-08-2011, 02:46 AM
I love this show and I kind of hope they keep airing the previous week's episode before the new one because that means I won't get behind. I have youth group every other Sunday evening at church so I'll be missing every other episode without those reruns. If they don't do that though, thankfully this show ends up online pretty quickly and I can get caught up. It sounds like I missed a great episode last night! I'll have to watch it online soon. :(

Marlowe
11-08-2011, 05:17 AM
This show is much better than I thought it would be, and I think it's the acting as well as the writing. The premise made me :rolleyes: but I admit I'm getting hooked. :shuffle:

Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto! Of all the new shows this season I think this one has the best actors and the best production values. Robert Carlyle is no shrug! I like revenge but after last week's episode I'm hooked.

BigB08822
11-08-2011, 05:23 AM
I also thought that perhaps the fiancee (or soon to be) was Cinderella. The only problem with that is that this lady was portrayed as a spoiled brat and clearly that isn't in line with Cinderella. We know she comes from royalty as he mentioned the merging of two Kingdoms. I can't think of who she would be but perhaps she isn't even supposed to be anyone well known. The other obvious choice would be one of the evil stepsisters from Cinderella but again, not from royal blood.

This show is getting better and better. When I first saw the previews I :rolleyes: and thought it looked dumb. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

genevieve
11-08-2011, 09:01 PM
whee, I got caught up, although hulu had a problem and I missed the last 2 minutes of the latest episode. Anything super dramatik happen at the end?