PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

HeatherC
01-09-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm so confused....

Can someone tell me their interpretation of what went on when Mr. Gold told Emma he could detect desperate soles? He's not trying to turn her into some sort of "dark one" is he?

I think it was a play on what happened to him in Fairytale land. The beggar guy (Dark One) got him to do something to release the beggar from his pain and Rumple had to take on all those dark qualities without understanding what it meant for his life. He lost his child when he got the power and even though he was trying to save his boy, ultimately he lost him. Emma was in a similar situation where she was desperate to help Henry through his depression about good always losing and Mr. Gold saw in her the same type of thing that he experienced on a different type of scale. In a way, she was trying to save her son too and now she's in a position of power where she also still owes him that favor. We don't know what Gold's endgame is and quite honestly, I'm still not sure if he's good or bad! I have no idea if this makes any sense but it made sense in my head, LOL :lol:

Skittl1321
01-09-2012, 02:31 AM
But the way Rumpelstiltskin released the begger from his pain was by killing him and taking it on himself. If Gold (who knows he is Rumple) wants to do the same with Emma, that would mean that Emma would become evil (or dark, if that isn't the same as evil)

Kruss
01-09-2012, 02:41 AM
I just finally watched this series, and I'm hooked. Why hadn't I seen this before? I guess it was on opposite TAR?

Great show, huh? :)

HeatherC
01-09-2012, 03:19 AM
But the way Rumpelstiltskin released the begger from his pain was by killing him and taking it on himself. If Gold (who knows he is Rumple) wants to do the same with Emma, that would mean that Emma would become evil (or dark, if that isn't the same as evil)

I didn't mean in the literal sense but I guess I didn't write it out very well! Let me ponder for a night and see if I can do better tomorrow, LOL :lol:

I love this show. :kickass:

Allskate
01-09-2012, 05:09 AM
Great show, huh? :)

Yes!

Maybe being "the dark one" gives one the ability to sense whether someone is a desperate soul? It doesn't necessarily mean the desperate soul will become hte next "dark one." I wouldn't like it if Emma turned dark and I can't image teh writers want to do that with her. As Emma said, we need to see good win.

BigB08822
01-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Good episode, enjoyed seeing more backstory on Rumple. No clue what his goal is in all of this. I would think he would prefer to stay in our World as opposed to going back to Fairy tale land but you know there has to be some twist.

Next weeks episode looks really good.

manhn
01-09-2012, 07:27 AM
I found the backstory kinda boring. But I really quite liked the present day story. Although, David voting for Glass for Sheriff because his wife is friends with the mayor? Really? Didn't Emma locate you while you were running in the woods in amnesia? Nice.

emason
01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I found the backstory kinda boring. But I really quite liked the present day story. Although, David voting for Glass for Sheriff because his wife is friends with the mayor? Really? Didn't Emma locate you while you were running in the woods in amnesia? Nice.

I found the whole episode kind of boring and meh. I still like the series but last night was a yawn and not worth my time.

Artemis@BC
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Can someone tell me their interpretation of what went on when Mr. Gold told Emma he could detect desperate soles?

Some reference to a future plotline in Fairlyand involving the story of "The Elves and the Shoemaker" perhaps?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D)

Artemis@BC
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Although, David voting for Glass for Sheriff because his wife is friends with the mayor? Really? Didn't Emma locate you while you were running in the woods in amnesia? Nice.

Well, we don't actually know how he voted, just that he was putting up posters for Glass. As in, publically supporting his wife, because he feels obliged to do so. I prefer to think he actually voted for Emma, because privately his heart is on the side of good.

Jimena
01-11-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm still on the fence about the show. I like the premise and some of the characters. But I find myself annoyed by Henry (I think it's the actor) and surprised at how one-tone Regina is. I've seen the actress in other things and she's been good. But she's just misfiring as Regina.

I don't know if I'll keep on watching.

Artemis@BC
01-11-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm still on the fence about the show. I like the premise and some of the characters. But I find myself annoyed by Henry (I think it's the actor) and surprised at how one-tone Regina is. I've seen the actress in other things and she's been good. But she's just misfiring as Regina.

Re: Regina, I think that's mostly the writing -- they've pretty much only given her a range from "evil" to "really evil" to play so far. I'm hoping we'll see another side of her once they reveal whatever her great loss was that led her to want to seek revenge on Snow.

I agree about Henry -- he can be annoying.

But for me, neither of those negatives is enough to detract from all the fabulous elements of the show.

AshleyN
01-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Re: Regina, I think that's mostly the writing -- they've pretty much only given her a range from "evil" to "really evil" to play so far. I'm hoping we'll see another side of her once they reveal whatever her great loss was that led her to want to seek revenge on Snow.I dunno. I've seen a lot of praise elsewhere for Lana Parilla, and while she can be great at times, I don't really get it. I find she tends to deliver a lot of her lines in the exact same manner, with the exact same inflections and everything. It gets a little tiresome after awhile.

I too agree about Henry. He's the worst part of the show for me.

That being said, for me at least, the good is still outweighing the bad by a pretty good margin.

Cachoo
01-11-2012, 01:57 AM
I'm most enertained when the show is not in Storybrook and back in the original realm (does it have a name?) I'd like to see the curse/spell broken and the characters memories/identities restored in the original realm.

rjblue
01-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Has anyone besides me seen this yet tonight? The Hansel and Gretel and their dad story was relatively boring, but all the story bits with the regulars were interesting. The moment when Evil Queen asked the children why they didn't pick her was telling. And I liked the scene with Mr Gold. And the mother-daughter bonding going on with Snow and Emma. And who is the new guy?!