PDA

View Full Version : Cant wait to see Mao

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

arakwafan2006
11-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Am I the only one who cant wait to see her skate? OMG! Hurry up already. And i wish someone will do a better job leaking footage of her training...Geeze

Roxanne
11-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Here are some clips about Mao. Can anyone translate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3nD0eIIlG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2dfoMDZh30

arakwafan2006
11-06-2011, 09:11 PM
OMG... I LOVE YOU...NOT IN THAT WAY BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. YOU ARE MY HERO... HOW DID I MISS THIS?!!!!!

arakwafan2006
11-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I hope that she brings back her 3/3 combo of flip and loop.

The flip she does in practice in the clip is definitely on a correct edge. Looks like she is working on her speed as the parts and pieces of her jumping mechanics are definately improving.

I never understood why Mao's speed wasnt better under Tarasova. I would have thought that a dance coach would have been obsessed with edge quality and all that.

burntBREAD
11-06-2011, 09:36 PM
I hope that she brings back her 3/3 combo of flip and loop.

The flip she does in practice in the clip is definitely on a correct edge. Looks like she is working on her speed as the parts and pieces of her jumping mechanics are definately improving.

I never understood why Mao's speed wasnt better under Tarasova. I would have thought that a dance coach would have been obsessed with edge quality and all that.

Something I'm worried about is that she seems to be delaying all of her jumps a la Chen Lu and as a result they're looking awfully close to that 1/4 turn...but they look quite nice and her speed is looking good.

Her flips have always been off the right edge, it's her lutzes that haven't. I've read that she's taking a lot of her focus off the 3A this year and instead focusing on perfecting the other jumps and the whole package. That's very nice to hear.

jjane45
11-06-2011, 09:42 PM
When is Mao next competing internationally? It's been a loooong while.

arakwafan2006
11-06-2011, 09:43 PM
I have to say that the focus off 3 axel is not music to my ears as i fear we wont see it again.

You are right about the flip. What i meant to say is that the weird donkey kick is gone. I hope though that Lutz is fixed for real this time. Also, I agree with you on the delay. The flip actually did almost look under rotated. It must be nice for Mao to have not only a coach that speaks her language but also that is physically on the ice with her. i know that on an elite level, board side coaches are common but Mishin, Sato, Moskvina are old school coaches that skate with their students. I believe that Linichuk and Karpanasov do as well.

babayaga
11-06-2011, 09:45 PM
When is Mao next competing internationally? It's been a loooong while.

Next weekend at NHK. That's why the clips are out.

doubleflutz
11-06-2011, 09:48 PM
She's mostly gotten rid of that weird break-waisted, too-far-inside-the-circle cant at the hip in her flip! Huzzah! She's more-or-less picking straight back now. It was getting better last season, but sometimes she'd revert under pressure, it seems a bit more "natural" now. Hopefully she will be able to stick with that technique in competition. Very cool to watch her drilling edges at the beginning there, even though I still want to grab her by the shoulders and push her down into her knees more.

arakwafan2006
11-06-2011, 10:04 PM
She's mostly gotten rid of that weird break-waisted, too-far-inside-the-circle cant at the hip in her flip! Huzzah! She's more-or-less picking straight back now. It was getting better last season, but sometimes she'd revert under pressure, it seems a bit more "natural" now. Hopefully she will be able to stick with that technique in competition. Very cool to watch her drilling edges at the beginning there, even though I still want to grab her by the shoulders and push her down into her knees more.

you said it!!!!

The only real thing i HATE about Mao's jumping is her weird landing position. Its so stiff and not pressed out. And, her free leg looks dead. Otherwise, her jumping is looking beautiful. Thats the thing about Mao, she can JUMP!!! if that gets fixed, i think that it will give her a lift everywhere else once the judges start slathering her with love in the marks.

Doubleflutz, i am with you though on the posture. Again, i just would have thought Tarasova would have fixed that. Instead it was ignored. A lot of freestyle skaters go to dance coaches to have those things fixed. Aparently Tarasova does not see the need for it because Yagudins strokin was terrible to watch.

Coco
11-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Maybe she should try to put a 2z-3toe combination in her program. It lets her get used to the lutz takeoff w/o worrying about the 3z. Even if it becomes a 2z-2toe, it's still 3.5 points, and worth it for the practice it gives her with the lutz takeoff. Just my .02. I can't wait to see her skate, too. Glad I have Friday off from work! I'll be up at 5:30 to watch!!

FrouFrou
11-07-2011, 05:36 AM
I'm liking what I'm seeing. :cool: Anyone out there that knows what's being said in them?

So freakin' hyped for NHK Trophy solely because of Asada! Let's only hope that Tarasova's costume designer stays away from her dress.

Adelina's "Bolero" costume wasn't bad as Asada's @ Moscow, but still :yikes:

Marco
11-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Something I'm worried about is that she seems to be delaying all of her jumps a la Chen Lu and as a result they're looking awfully close to that 1/4 turn...but they look quite nice and her speed is looking good.

That is indeed worrying. It is going to be disheartening for her to finally work out her issues and stand up on her jumps only to have them called under-rotated.

She is especially going to have to watch those 2loops she does in combos.

But great to hear about improvements to the flip and speed :cheer:

l'etoile
11-07-2011, 07:01 AM

Maybe her jumps seem to be delayed because her problem at taking off with full-blade is not fixed yet. It's nice to see her work on basic edge control and stroking in the first clip. Seems like Sato is very reliable coach for her.

sleepypanda
11-07-2011, 07:05 AM
So excited for NHK Trophy this week! I can't wait to see her performances. <3

Mao and Coach Sato are working on improving her speed across the ice everyday bit by bit. Since the end of the last world championships, they started fixing on parts of the jumps. Her ultimate goal is Sochi, but she's working on the goals that are currently in front of her step by step.

Mao's work ethic is unbelievably incredible. Love her.