PDA

View Full Version : Richard Dornbush FS- keep or dump?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

haribobo
11-06-2011, 05:26 AM
I love Richard, and I loved his FS last season. But this one, IMO, is not good at all. I appreciate the effort and all, but its just silly and detracts from his good qualities IMO. Also, it sends a message that character programs are all he can do and I really don't think that's the case. He's a fantastic skater but I feel the cowboy stuff should be left to Bradley and Contesti. I need something a little deeper, but maybe I'm just a grump. I don't need angst necessarily, just original. What do you think?

caseyedwards
11-06-2011, 06:42 AM
He should keep it. He does it really well. If between now and nationals he starts hearing he would have a better chance if he did something more "serious" than that would be a different story. He has like three months to create a new one but changing sends up bad signals.

DickButtonFan
11-06-2011, 06:48 AM
I think it's fine, he does well with character type programs.

OrioleBeagle
11-06-2011, 10:56 AM
He needs someone like Kurt Browning to help him fine-tune the program.

pani
11-06-2011, 10:59 AM
I think he must keep it. I love his last year LP more, but i like he try to made different things and didnt stay on one place. Maybe for him now more important to skate clean LP with quad

darya_russian
11-06-2011, 11:12 AM
He should keep it anc concentrate on skating clean - and he'll be fine.
I actually like this LP from him.

Zemgirl
11-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't know about keeping it or not, but he needs to tinker with the music cuts, because he somehow managed to find a completely blah version of Ecstasy of Gold. How is that even possible?

Jemestone
11-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I say keep it. I found his lp last year to be such a bore. This one at least keep my attention. If anything, I say dump the short program.

berthesghost
11-06-2011, 01:40 PM
wow. this was actually one of the few LP I actually watched all 4.5 minutes of without drifting off to daydreaming about my shopping list.

this guy has barely even made a name for himself and already before most people even know him, you think he's bored us? I think once he actually wins an international medal and makes the judges notice, then he can take on a Boitano/Kwan type transformation.

olympic
11-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I think he should keep it. It just needs to develop.

Speaking of Richard - 2 things he needed to work on as of '11 Worlds was 1) kicking it up a notch in the presentation department / skating more like a Senior and 2) getting a Quad. I think he's on the right track because he's tackling both successfully. He's rotated and landed the Quad x2 already (I think he UR'd it and had the hand down at CoC, but still impressed he hit the 3x right after) Once he gets comfortable with everything, the LP will become something great.

I'm not sure about Richard's competitive history. He wasn't even on my radar until the '10 JGPF. Does he normally start the season slow, and build more dramatically by the end of the season?? He and Tammy don't seem like they're too upset at all with the mistakes as of now.

orbitz
11-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Sherlock Holmes LP was sophisticated. This year's LP is my fridge break.

I also generally don't like any program with skater pretending to smoke.

jlai
11-06-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure about Richard's competitive history. He wasn't even on my radar until the '10 JGPF. Does he normally start the season slow, and build more dramatically by the end of the season?? He and Tammy don't seem like they're too upset at all with the mistakes as of now.

It took Dornbush three seasons to win the JGPF and have a major career breakthrough, though he was reasonably successful as a junior the first season. So I'm not expecting Dornbush to top what he did last year during this season to be honest.

briancoogaert
11-06-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't really like his LP this season. IMO, this program is good to point out his flaws.

floskate
11-06-2011, 02:44 PM
It's horrible but I really don't see the point in changing it now. He just needs to get that quad under his belt, sort his issues out with the triple axel and think about some artistic diversity when, and only when, all of that is under control.

I do think this is a step down from his Sherlock Holmes program though. As junior and 'cute' as it was, there was a flair and smoothness to it which I found engaging. This LP is frenetic nonsense which manages to make most of his general skating look scratchy and stiff.

olympic
11-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I also wanted to point out that Richard does on occasion look a little 'hunched'. I'm not sure if it's costuming or he just gets tired and allows his upper back to slouch forward. Otherwise I think everything else is great