PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Programs of 2011-2012

Pages : [1] 2 3

jl22aries
11-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Time to start this thread?

This is a very abbreviated, early season list. And I admit I haven't watched every single program from the GP or Sr's Events. So here goes...

Men's SP:

Jeremy oh Jeremy. How fun.

Men's LP:

Daisuke. Even despite my ambivalence towards the music, he just brings it to every single piece he skates to. What is he??? It's just such a sexy, languid, soulful interpretation.

Pat PChiddy Chan. For me, this program is absolutely his best long program to date. Him and Lori have creative some really romantic movement to pick out the smooth cadence of the music. I can't think of another word but Romance; the program has a really mature, romantic masculine tone and it works for me.

Ladies SP:

Kostner's without any hesitation - The music is fresh, and personally beloved as I play the violin and it's just such a fun, intense, and quirky piece. And her movements pick out the accents, dissonance, and pluck of the piece.

Ladies LP:

Akiko Suzuki. Though with her I can never tell if it's so much the creative layout of the program, or if it's the personality and interpretation she brings to the play. Love.

Pairs SP:

Nothing pops into mind. Though, the one that has been getting the most rewatches is Moore Towers/ Moskovitch's. I guess that tells me something.

Pairs LP:

S/S's ultra modern, inventive, fun, and utterly delightful new program. I love love love this piece for them.

Short Dance:

V/M. The circular step is awesome. And their connection gets me, every time.

P/B. I love the Brazilian beach party vibe.

C/L. Honorable mention just for the dance-in-one-spot booty shaking alone. The rest of the program doesn't stand out as much.

Free Dance:

In the spirit of full disclosure, and though none of the FD's have seduced me, the one's I've been watching the most are V/M's, Chock/Bates, and Ralph/Hill's. Are the snobs of the forum going to flay me?

millipied
11-04-2011, 10:38 PM
The best programs this year for me, hands down. Both SP and LP by K/S. Just amazing, a total renaissance for them. So happy that they did not quit.

Cyn
11-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Jeremy Abbott's Free Skate to Muse - it is an absolute masterpiece :swoon: . Even though he had some issues with the jumps at CoC, his PCS for it scored 80.5 :cheer2: . I cannot wait to see it skated to its full potential!!

MikiAndoFan#1
11-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I love, love, love Kostner's and Suzuki's programs. :swoon:

pani
11-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Abbot SP and LP.
Takahashi SP
Reynolds SP
Savchenko-Szolkovi Pina LP (i think now its best for me)
Kostner LP
D-W SD
Ralph/Hill FD

briancoogaert
11-05-2011, 12:23 PM
In the junior ranks, I love Joshua Farris's SP and Jason Brown's LP.

In the senior, I love Carolina Kostner's both SP and LP.
I love Jeremy Abbott's SP, and waiting to watch his LP.
I love Savchenko&Szolkowy LP.

ETA : I forgot to talk about Michal Brezina's SP. I've just watched Jeremy Abbott's LP, it's beautiful.

jl22aries
11-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Jeremy's LP is rock. solid. awesome

VarBar
11-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Jeremy - both his SP and LP are truly awesome.
Daisuke - SP
Patrick - LP. He really has a gorgeous program this year.

Carolina's SP and Suzuki's LP - so charming.

Savchenko/Szolkowy - LP - next to none.

Paul/Islam - SD - the most stylish and exquisite.
I haven't made up my mind about the FD yet.

oleada
11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Savchenko & Szolkowy's LP is the program of the season for me.

From ladies, I really like Kostner's both programs and I think Sotnikova's SP has a lot of potential.

Zemgirl
11-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I sense something of a consensus emerging... ;) add me to those who really like Savchenko/Szolkowy's LP, Kostner's programs and Daisuke's SP. Though it's a recycled program from last year, I'll add K/S's Claire de Lune - beautiful.

briancoogaert
11-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I've just watched Virtue and Moir FD. It's marvelous. I'd like to skate it with her...too bad I'm not as good as Scott Moir !

blue_idealist
11-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Mens SPs: Abbott's is the one that stands out for me so far. I also like Dornbush's and Reynolds'.

Mens LPs: Takahashi's for sure. Also Chan's, Rogozine's, and Denis Ten's.

Ladies SPs: Just Alissa's, really. The others I've found to be kind of immemorable, except Leonova's, which I didn't particularly LIKE but was.. interesting.

Ladies LPs: I like Viktoria Helgesson's. Like the SPs, I haven't been totally into many Ladies LPs this season. Actually, I haven't followed ladies as much this season since I've found it to be a little lackluster.

Pairs SPs: Duhamel/Radford's, Iliushechkina/Maisuradze's, KAVAGUTI/SMIRNOV'S!! (It's awesome), and Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's. Ohh, and Steele/Schultz of Canada's is pretty good too.

Pairs LPs: Duhamel/Radford's, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's, Iliushechkina/Maisuradze's, Volosozhar/Trankov's, and Savchenko/Szolkowy's. Yeah, I like a lot of the pairs programs this season.

Short Dances: Cappellini/Lanotte's, Virtue/Moir's, and Davis/White's. Bobrova/Soloviev's is pretty good too.

Free Dances: Hmm, where to start.. there are so many.

Cappellini/Lanotte
Virtue/Moir
Davis/White
Pechalat/Bourzat
Riazanova/Tkachenko
Ralph/Hill
Hubbell/Donahue
Samuelson/Gilles
Tobias/Stagniunas
Lichtman/Copely
Coomes/Buckland
Carron/Jones

I should have just said I liked almost all the free dances I've seen. lol.

cris_c
11-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Carolina, both SP and LP. Marvellous !
Daisuke SP and LP. The same.
Aliona and Robin's LP. Ingo is a genius. How I wish he would choreograph dance as well!(I am looking at you, Tessa and Scott!)
No favourite in dance yet.
I love, love, love all the above, but for me, this year's revelation and one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen (figure skating or else) is Dai's "The Crisis".

screech
11-06-2011, 03:59 AM
I'm not a huge fan of V/M's FD so far. I couldn't get over the fact that she barely ever looks at him in the dance - she's always looking over his shoulder. The only part I actually enjoyed was the beatnik part in the middle. I think it has potential to be great, but I think it's over-hyped so far (if you watched the Canadian SC coverage)

I loved Javier's SP. And Dai's SP.

shan
11-06-2011, 04:03 AM
So far:

D/W's FD and Jeremy Abbott's LP :cheer: