PDA

View Full Version : GPF Ladies Prediction Poll

Pages : [1] 2

haribobo
11-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Who will make GPF?

MikiAndoFan#1
11-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I picked Carolina, Elizaveta, Ashley, Mao, Akiko and Alissa.

icellist
11-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I think Alena still has an outside chance. She has two more events I think...

Jenna
11-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Alissa CZISNY USA

Carolina KOSTNER ITA

Akiko SUZUKI JPN

Mao ASADA JPN

Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS

Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS

judgejudy27
11-04-2011, 09:34 PM
I went with the 6 obvious ones.

bbkenn
11-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Alissa CZISNY USA

Carolina KOSTNER ITA

Akiko SUZUKI JPN

Mao ASADA JPN

Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS

Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS

I picked the same women!:D

chipso1
11-05-2011, 04:28 AM
I went with Tuktamisheva, Czisny, Kostner, Suzuki, Sotnikova and Zawadzki as the potential spoiler.

icellist
11-05-2011, 03:15 PM
This list is for standings of what I think are of Ladies who still have a potential at making the final…

Updated List of Potential Ladies Qualifiers:
Skate America
1. Alissa Czisny (177.48) 15 points
2. Carolina Kostner (177.35) 13 points
3. Viktoria Helgesson (145.75) 11 points
4. Haruka Imai (142.94) 9 points

Skate Canada
1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (177.38) 15 points
2. Akiko Suzuki (172.26) 13 points
3. Ashley Wagner (165.48) 11 points
4. Alena Leonova (152.22) 9 points
5. Mirai Nagasu (151.72) 7 points

Cup of China
1. Carolina Kostner (182.14) 15 points
2. Mirai Nagasu (173.22) 13 points
3. Adelina Sotnikova (159.95) 11 points

Currently, only Carolina Kostner and Mirai Nagasu have competed at two events with point totals of 28 and 20 points respectively. Kostner should definitely make it to the final; while we have to wait and see where Mirai’s point values lie, especially since both Carolina Kostner and Alena Leonova are skating at 3 GPs this season, and might take standing points away from other skaters.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2011/gpsladies.htm

My Predictions for TEB because we have seen most of the skaters at the event:
Tophee Eric Bombard
1. Alissa Czisny 15 points
2. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 13 points
3. Carolina Kostner 11 points
Alissa edging out Liza by massive PCS boost. Kostner skates sloppily because she is already in final. This event will solidify Czisny and Tuktamysheva’s spots in the final

Don’t know what will happen at NHK Trophy. For sure to make the podium is Akiko Suzuki which should solidify her placement in the final. Potential podium finishers: Kiira Korpi (injury?), Mao Asada (the good one?), Alena Leonova (wtf PCS boost again?), Ashley Wagner (flutz damage control?), Agnes Zawadzki(?)

The same can be said about Cup of Russia. There is no front runner if Adelina skates tentatively as she did at her debut in Cup of China. Similar potential podiums: Kiira Korpi, Mao Asada, Haruka Imai (great programs but can she reign her jumps?), Alena Leonova, Adelina Sotnikova, Agnes Zawadzki. I think whoever wins gold at this event will land herself into the final even if she placed 4th or 5th at her previous event.

So it’s pretty obvious who will make it to the final: Alissa Czisny, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Akiko Suzuki, and Carolina Kostner. Depends on NHK Trophy and Cup of Russia now. Who will land on the podiums and garner the most points? Will Mirai be lucky enough to land in the final based on tiebreaker (Her score at CoC is one of the highest of the season, but it is quite a long shot)? What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

jiggs
11-05-2011, 06:11 PM
It's pretty hard to tell since we haven't even seen Mao skate, neither Kiira (although I don't think she has a big chance of making the final).

Apart from Carolina, I am pretty sure Alissa, Elizaveta, Adelina and Akiko will make the final. The 6th spot is totally open IMO.

Kasey
11-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Picked TukTuk, Alissa, Carolina and Akiko; don't really care much for ladies, but those are the ones who's programs I have watched more than once so far this season.

smarts1
11-05-2011, 07:24 PM
This list is for standings of what I think are of Ladies who still have a potential at making the finalÖ

Updated List of Potential Ladies Qualifiers:
Skate America
1. Alissa Czisny (177.48) 15 points
2. Carolina Kostner (177.35) 13 points
3. Viktoria Helgesson (145.75) 11 points
4. Haruka Imai (142.94) 9 points

Skate Canada
1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (177.38) 15 points
2. Akiko Suzuki (172.26) 13 points
3. Ashley Wagner (165.48) 11 points
4. Alena Leonova (152.22) 9 points
5. Mirai Nagasu (151.72) 7 points

Cup of China
1. Carolina Kostner (182.14) 15 points
2. Mirai Nagasu (173.22) 13 points
3. Adelina Sotnikova (159.95) 11 points

Currently, only Carolina Kostner and Mirai Nagasu have competed at two events with point totals of 28 and 20 points respectively. Kostner should definitely make it to the final; while we have to wait and see where Miraiís point values lie, especially since both Carolina Kostner and Alena Leonova are skating at 3 GPs this season, and might take standing points away from other skaters.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2011/gpsladies.htm

My Predictions for TEB because we have seen most of the skaters at the event:
Tophee Eric Bombard
1. Alissa Czisny 15 points
2. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 13 points
3. Carolina Kostner 11 points
Alissa edging out Liza by massive PCS boost. Kostner skates sloppily because she is already in final. This event will solidify Czisny and Tuktamyshevaís spots in the final

Donít know what will happen at NHK Trophy. For sure to make the podium is Akiko Suzuki which should solidify her placement in the final. Potential podium finishers: Kiira Korpi (injury?), Mao Asada (the good one?), Alena Leonova (wtf PCS boost again?), Ashley Wagner (flutz damage control?), Agnes Zawadzki(?)

The same can be said about Cup of Russia. There is no front runner if Adelina skates tentatively as she did at her debut in Cup of China. Similar potential podiums: Kiira Korpi, Mao Asada, Haruka Imai (great programs but can she reign her jumps?), Alena Leonova, Adelina Sotnikova, Agnes Zawadzki. I think whoever wins gold at this event will land herself into the final even if she placed 4th or 5th at her previous event.

So itís pretty obvious who will make it to the final: Alissa Czisny, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Akiko Suzuki, and Carolina Kostner. Depends on NHK Trophy and Cup of Russia now. Who will land on the podiums and garner the most points? Will Mirai be lucky enough to land in the final based on tiebreaker (Her score at CoC is one of the highest of the season, but it is quite a long shot)? Whatís everyone elseís thoughts?

Mirai can't baring a lot of upsets at the upcoming GPs.

Jammers
11-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Mirai did herself in yet again early on just like last year then medaled in her second event. If she had just won a bronze she would be in good shape. Why can't this girl be consistent?

haribobo
11-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Oh I dunno Jammers, why don't you start training to be an Olympic athlete and tell her the tricks when you become a champion? ;)

Elkmaria
11-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I picked only five ladies, and I'm not sure about all of them but one (Kostner). Tuktamysheva had an impressive debut, but she's still very young and unexperienced at the senior stage, so anything can happen. It seems Czisny has sorted out her consistency issues, but she has a sad history of meltdowns, and I also wouldn't call her a lock. Akiko is usually strong at the beginning of the season, that's why I also picked her. And I picked Nagasu by mistake - I thought she will compete at one more GP, my bad.
So the other two places are a big question mark for me. Sotnikova can be amazing at her next GP and win easily, but she can also have one more tough performance. Wagner was obviously inspired and excited to come back, but will she be able to stay at this level? Mao Asada is always unpredictable. Plus there's still a chance that Korpi will start the season successfully, and Leonova will make better use of her remaining two assignments. Let's wait and see :)

blue_idealist
11-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Carolina and Elizaveta are shoo-ins based on their results so far. Ashley, Akiko and Alissa are probable. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mao for the last spot, even though she hasn't skated. Since Mirai didn't medal at her first event, I don't think she'll get in. Same with Kanako. I'm not sure if Viktoria and Adelina will be able to repeat their podium performances, let alone better them to get into the final. Zawadzki and Korpi are wild cards because they haven't been seen, but have never made the GPF before so I'm reluctant to vote for them.