PDA

View Full Version : GPF Men Prediction

Pages : [1] 2

haribobo
11-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Who will make GPF for the men?

robinhood
11-04-2011, 02:20 PM
It'd be totally cool and surreal if Javi makes it! there are some pretty big names there! Men's this year is insane with the depth of talent

blue_idealist
11-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I voted for Oda, Takahashi, Chan, Abbott, Brezina and Kozuka.. I think they will be able to consistently finish near the top in BOTH their events. I'm second-guessing putting Abbott down now though since he's inconsistent. If one of the ones I picked falter I'm guessing Hanyu or Fernandez will make it in, but Hanyu not podiuming at CoC shot him in the foot. I think Rippon and Gachinski have finished too low so far to make it.. Verner did not skate well last season.. we haven't seen Menshov yet but I can't see him medalling at two events.

judgejudy27
11-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Chan of course makes it. Brezina and Abbott having already won an event are pretty safe bets. Oda seems to always skate well in the GP so should make it with another podium finish. Beyond that I am not sure. I still think Kozuka will bounce back, and Fernadez was impressive at Skate Canada so those two.

dinakt
11-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Cup of Russia will be an absolute nailbiter, with lots of possible GPF spoilers.
I do not want to predict, but my dream would be Abbott, Takahashi, Kozuka, Chan, Fernandez and Verner ( though I'll take Brezina instead of Verner, as it is highly likely)

Kasey
11-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Just voted for the ones I would most like to see make it there, which are Abbott, Takahashi, Fernandez, Chan, Kozuka and Brezina.

museksk8r
11-05-2011, 09:32 PM
dinakt and Kasey, you read my mind. Those players make up my dream cast too! :swoon:

Elkmaria
11-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow, that's a tough question! The only one I'm sure will make it is Chan. Takahashi's chances are high too, as well as Oda's, who tends to peak early in the season. Brezina is also likely to make it, but I still don't know what to think of him consistency-wise: he doesn't seem to be a headcase, but he's not rock solid either. Unfortunately, Abbott is capable of bombing, so I'm also cautious about my prediction, despite his first place at CoC, but he also got my vote. My last pick was Kozuka as a more seasoned top-level competitor and reigning WCh runner-up, though I'd be very glad to see Fernandez keep up the excellent work and make the GPF.
I'm afraid that by now, Gachinski, Rippon and Hanyu are out of the game :( You can't afford to finish out of the top three with such competition. On the other hand, there's an outside chance that Verner and Menshov will show surprisingly good results: after all, Verner has loads of potential, and Menshov has amazing technical content.
And why Mroz is not even an option? Did he fail to be homologated as a potential contender? :D

haribobo
11-06-2011, 02:19 PM
And why Mroz is not even an option? Did he fail to be homologated as a potential contender? :D

Hehe:rofl: I think Mroz could possibly contend....he would have been my 13th option if I could put it in there. I gave the nod to Menshov as Russian champ.

Elkmaria
11-06-2011, 02:31 PM
I think Mroz could possibly contend....he would have been my 13th option if I could put it in there. I gave the nod to Menshov as Russian champ.

If I had to choose between Mroz and Menshov, I'd also choose the latter :) Judging by the latest competitions, Menshov has improved in terms of PCS and is closer to being a full package skater now, while Mroz is still struggling with his components.

FTnoona
11-08-2011, 02:50 AM
Fooey....I am sad that Hanyu isn't going to make GPF. Is it possible for both Takahashi and Kozuka to make the final since they are going to compete against each other at NHK and they both need a win b/c they only have 11 points each?

t.mann
11-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Oda, Takahashi, Kozuka, Chan, Brezina, Verner

Vash01
11-08-2011, 07:50 AM
IMO Chan is the only certainty. Abbott, Oda and Kozuka seem like reasonable choices. Gachinski bombed at COC, so he will be just out, I think.

Jaana
11-08-2011, 08:40 AM
I think that from those on the list, Chan may be the only centainty. Hanyu, Rippon and Gachinski will not be at the final, it seems this moment. What about Nan Song? If he skates as well or maybe even a bit better in TEB as he did in China, he might win the silver medal. Also he might get a lot better PCS score as the one in China was way too low.

Both Hanyu and Gachinski may skate really well in Russia and win gold and silver dropping somebody else from the podium. My prediction: Chan, Kozuka, Fernandez, Abbott, Takahashi and Song.

t.mann
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I think Brezina too is pretty solid.
Two games remain in the hands of him. ;)
(SA:gold / TEB:? / RC:?)