PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to the Beatles on Ice

Pages : [1] 2

roxynova
11-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Hey all, in case anyone is interested (and tired of watching football) - this show airs on Sunday at 4pm EST on NBC. Check your local listings in other time zones. Sarah Hughes will be on the Today Show tomorrow (Friday) and Todd E. will be on on Saturday to skate and promote the show. I do think this one will be worth watching! Skating is what got me into Beatles music (SOI finale, maybe 1998/1999?). I'll never witness the Beatles live, so this is the next best thing.

paskatefan
11-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Looking forward to this one, as I love Beatles' music and the skating cast. We saw the show "Rain" live during the national tour last year, and it was fantastic. I just hope, as always, that Disson/NBC will use some common sense and present this show in a balanced way. I don't want to see skaters get "chacked" & treated as afterthoughts.

Simone411
11-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the info! I sure wish I had a way to record this. I'm hoping someone will upload some of the performances on YouTube. :)

paskatefan
11-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Todd was just on the Today show. He skated to "When I'm 64!" Absolutely charming! :encore:

LadyNit
11-06-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm watching this now. Have to say, skatingwise, the opening number seemed totally lame.

semogal
11-06-2011, 09:34 PM
My hubby is really enjoying the music...wish I was enjoying the skating more. So far the choreography is just lame. It sucks that this is the best TV has to offer skating fans these days.

skatemommy
11-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Is Sarah contractually unable to jump??? :rolleyes:

Julia
11-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I am enjoying it since I have not seen many of these skaters in a long time. :)
Thanks for the heads up since I was totally preoccupied before it came on.

caseyedwards
11-06-2011, 10:15 PM
True about Hughes.

Bradley did a good backflip.

Boitano and Eldredge do some respectable jumps.

The Kerr's are coming up.

These Beatles are hilarious.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
11-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Yay, Naomi & Peter. :cheer2:

Feels like forever since I've seen them.

kwanette
11-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Yay, Naomi & Peter. :cheer2:

Feels like forever since I've seen them.
:smokin:

nashvilledancer
11-06-2011, 10:25 PM
If Naomi had been able to cut loose like this when they were competing, they would have been world champions. Nothing like living a life to add depth to your expression!

Lovin all the dancers.
Yikes, Ryan almost back-flipped into the lights.

Rain is better in person, because a little distance from the stage adds to the illusion--close ups break the illusion. Great sound, though!

kittyjake5
11-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I enjoyed the music blast from the past. Nice to see Todd, Kerrs, Naomi and Peter, Brian and Yuka.

Latte
11-07-2011, 12:46 AM
If Naomi had been able to cut loose like this when they were competing, they would have been world champions. Nothing like living a life to add depth to your expression!

Lovin all the dancers.
Yikes, Ryan almost back-flipped into the lights.

Rain is better in person, because a little distance from the stage adds to the illusion--close ups break the illusion. Great sound, though!

I had the same thought. Bright lights and close ups don't do them any favors.
But even thought they don't look much like the Beatles, they sure sing like them and I always enjoy listening to them. Good thing cause the skating was not so exciting. IMO BB made the younger ones look boring. And who is Shae Lynn married to now? That wasn't Nicky! Oh, and Todd got a divorce?:confused:

BaileyCatts
11-07-2011, 01:03 AM
So those guys in the band, did they like have plastic surgery to make themselves look a little bit like the real guys, or do they just have really good makeup artists. :lol: I'm not saying they look "exactly" like the real guys, but a couple of them were close enough to pass for brothers. :P

At least I think they do. But then again, I was never a Beatles fan so maybe I don't really know what they look like. :inavoid: