PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Gervais a Golden Globes Host again?!

Eden
11-04-2011, 02:05 AM
According to The Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ricky-gervais-golden-globes-host-257252) and other media, it looks like Ricky Gervais is about to return to the coming Golden Globes as the host.

Gervais' last year fearless performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHXzP2SpLA)as host made a lot of headlines, since he managed to :mad: almost everybody in the movie industry.
But his performance attracted lots of rating and therefore NBC & the Hollywood Foreign Press Association asked him to return for a third year as master of ceremonies.

Gervais responde to these news (by tweeting): "Ooooooh! The plot thickens... Thoughts?"

Cyn
11-04-2011, 02:16 AM
Oh, happy joy :blah: :yawn: .

my little pony
11-04-2011, 02:29 AM
i thought he was hysterical

oleada
11-04-2011, 02:32 AM
I thought he was really funny, too. And, at the very least, it made an award ceremony interesting.

Satellitegirl
11-04-2011, 03:08 AM
I love him...and would love if he hosted again.

KikiSashaFan
11-04-2011, 03:51 AM
I thought he was hilarious. Award shows are way more interesting when they have a little bit of a roast atmosphere thrown in. :lol:

Cyn
11-04-2011, 04:36 AM
:duh: Somehow (don't ask - I have no excuse as to why other than it's late and I'm sleep-deproved) I managed to get Ricky Gervais confused with Russell Brand, the latter of whom I thought was the one being discussed about hosting the GGs.

I'm not all that fond of Ricky Gervais, but eh, they could do a lot worse (of course, they could do a lot better, too :shuffle: ).

If I had my wish, NPH and Hugh Jackman would Co-Host all award shows from here on out.

ETA: Jackman. Hugh Jackman. NOT Hugh Grant :wall:.

KikiSashaFan
11-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Can we add Hugh Jackman to that list? I still think he should have been partnered with Anne Hathaway for the Oscars and it would have been :kickass:

manleywoman
11-04-2011, 05:18 AM
:cheer:

jenny12
11-04-2011, 11:38 PM
I loved Gervais at the last Golden Globes and would love to see him again. James Franco and Anne Hathaway's dull Oscar hosting performance reminded me of how fun Gervais was. I wouldn't mind Neil Patrick Harris either. Hugh Jackman is good for the Tony Awards, but I didn't like him as Oscar host. I thought a lot of his material was dated.

peibeck
11-05-2011, 12:14 AM
I thought he was hilarious as well. Although I have to say I am surprised they would invite him back.

Eddie Murphy will be hosting the Oscars this year. That could either be brilliant or a total wreck...but it will have to be better than Franco and Hathaway. :scream:

vesperholly
11-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Can we add Hugh Jackman to that list? I still think he should have been partnered with Anne Hathaway for the Oscars and it would have been :kickass:

I know, that would've been awesome. I thought Hathaway would've been just fine as the host without James :smokin: Franco to drag her down.