PDA

View Full Version : Pj's all-time top 10: Ladies

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

manleywoman
11-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Surprised nobody mentions Janet Lynn. Scoring was changed because of her.

DimaToe
11-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Surprised nobody mentions Janet Lynn. Scoring was changed because of her.

...I did :saint:

escaflowne9282
11-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Sarah Hughes? I don't think she's even one of the top ten American ladies of all time. PJ Kwong is officialy a hack!

screech
11-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Her list has 5 skaters with Canadian connections or roots and 4 obvious ones: Kwan, Ito, Witt, and Henie. The one I couldn't figure out was Dorothy Hamil.

I can imagine her top 10 men would be Chan, Orser, Cranston, Don Jackson, Browning plus some obvious ones like Plushenko, Dick Button. I wonder who the odd one would be.

To be fair, from your list Chan has the highest ever scores, Orser is a 2x O silver medalist, Cranston helped make Artistry important, Jackson had the Sarah Hughes moment when he won Worlds (and did the first triple lutz), Browning is obvious with his 4x worlds and the first ratified quad, as are Plush and Dick. But also you'd have to include Yags, and maybe Petrenko, Boitano, Hamilton and Robin Cousins. I could maybe see Vern Taylor too, as another Canadian on the list, because of the triple axel.

t.mann
11-04-2011, 05:36 AM
But also you'd have to include Yags, and maybe Petrenko, Boitano, Hamilton and Robin Cousins.

John Curry too!

DickButtonFan
11-04-2011, 06:44 AM
The only thing Sarah Hughes should be on is all time shocker.

DBZ
11-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Sarah Hughes? I don't think she's even one of the top ten American ladies of all time. PJ Kwong is officialy a hack!

Yeah, she lost all credibility in my mind when I saw Sarah Hughes on the list.

kwanette
11-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Was she using performance or skater? If she included Sarah's performance, I don't know how Tara could be left off of the list.

ChelleC
11-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Hughes above Kwan???? Really????

senorita
11-04-2011, 12:01 PM
No Arakawa?:confused:

sk9tingfan
11-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Hughes? Really?

Well, that's her list I guess! Only 2 on this list (Kwan and Ito) would make my list. I think...

Totally agree with you on Hughes. I think that most US fans(I'm one of them) would be dismayed at her absolute and relative placement on this list. In today's environment, she would be consistently dinged for under-rotated jumps and edge calls. At the Olympics, she got lucky. To place her above Michelle Kwan and nine time US champion (not a cake walk; at the time, this was IMO one of the most difficult competitions in the world) and five time world champion.

museksk8r
11-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Hughes above Kwan???? Really????

Hughes on the list, period, is the question, as well as Janet Lynn being left off the list. It's like placing Evan Lysacek on the list ahead of Brian Boitano and completely leaving off John Curry. Seriously, WTF?! :confused::eek::blah::shuffle:

marbri
11-04-2011, 12:50 PM
It's her personal list of who she would choose and how she would place them if she were a judge. And she invites you to agree or disagree with your comments. It's a bit of fun. Some of you seriously need to lay off the lemons and lighten up.

berthesghost
11-04-2011, 01:55 PM
It's her personal list of who she would choose and how she would place them if she were a judge. And she invites you to agree or disagree with your comments. It's a bit of fun. Some of you seriously need to lay off the lemons and lighten up.
Soo... We're invited to disagree, and when we do, we're belittled for our opinions? :shuffle:

jeffisjeff
11-04-2011, 01:56 PM

Why would she publish her personal list if she didn't want people to discuss it? :rolleyes: