PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Vagabond
11-07-2011, 11:43 PM
I thought that it was decided when she and Charles married that that she wouldn't be entitled to style herself Princess of Wales, and won't be styled "queen". She is styled "Duchess of Cornwall", as one of Charles's "lesser" titles.

She's entitled, but she chooses not to use it.

I think they'll worry about what title she'll use when and if her husband ascends the throne and if she's still alive (and, for that matter, if her ex-husband is still alive).

Considering that Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother lived to be 101, Prince Charles might not become king for another fifteen years or more. By that time most British people won't have a direct memory of his first wife, and those who do object to Camilla's being known as Queen may be regarded as old fuddy-duddies.

(That is, if the Brits don't just do away with the monarchy in the mean time. :P )

Fergus
11-08-2011, 02:01 AM
We can't have "George" and "Michael" both :scream:

It reminds me too much of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0 :lol:

I love that album! :biggrinbo

That's why I threw the Philip in betwixteth and anchored it with Charles, so one wouldn't immediately think of drugs in cars and bj's in the 'loo. :slinkaway

mag
11-08-2011, 02:25 AM
I imagine that Princess Michael of Kent would be thrilled if they included Michael in the heir to the throne's name! (yes, I know it isn't her name, but she does appear to like the limelight!)

danceronice
11-08-2011, 02:45 AM
For some reason "Michael" just don't especially sound kingly to me....dunno. (And I agree, George and Michael really can't go in the name that close together!)

Camilla's the wife of the Prince of Wales. She's the Princess of Wales, she just doesn't use the title because, again, Diana ubers would have an entire herd of dairy cows.

mag
11-08-2011, 03:32 AM
For some reason "Michael" just don't especially sound kingly to me....dunno. (And I agree, George and Michael really can't go in the name that close together!)

Camilla's the wife of the Prince of Wales. She's the Princess of Wales, she just doesn't use the title because, again, Diana ubers would have an entire herd of dairy cows.

Dairy cows? What about the lactose intolerant ubers :scream:

danceronice
11-08-2011, 04:19 AM
Beef cows.

IceAlisa
11-08-2011, 04:57 AM
I love that album! :biggrinbo

Me too. :kickass: :rockstar:

Fergus
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
From the Japanese Imperial Wedding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7FuabF-01M&feature=related), 1993. (All that bowing, they must use a million bobby-pins to keep those tiaras in place!) Go to 5:28 in this vid to see Their Imperial Majesties' wedding! Good stuff.

The motorcade after the Wedding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M2knQiXG6w&feature=related). :watch:

Reading Google's translations of Japanese characters is like reading a Nostradamus quatrain. :rofl:

BTW, how absolutely adorable are the Emperor & Empress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah7tSirTLEg)??? :)

danceronice
11-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I must say, Japan has some kick@$$ royal jewels!

And the Empress is not only adorable but quite stylish, too. Liking the asymmetric collars! I was wondering if that was a kimono reference on her dress for the wedding, but she has one on her suit jacket, too.

Fergus
11-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Their Imperial Majesties greeting folks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeRK6nb5-NY) in English during their visit to Hawaii. :)

Can they be my adopted Nana and Pop-Pop? :D

Wowzers, watch this clip (http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=35719) from British Pathe of TIM's wedding in '59. During the post ceremony procession thru Tokyo, an anti-royalist charged their carriage! :wideeyes: Never before have I read about that happening, sorta shocking.

But just like HMQ on Burmese during that Trooping the Colour when the blanks were fired, they handled it with grace and dignity. :respec:

Latte
11-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I thought that it was decided when she and Charles married that that she wouldn't be entitled to style herself Princess of Wales, and won't be styled "queen". She is styled "Duchess of Cornwall", as one of Charles's "lesser" titles.
As was said above, that seems more a move to keep the Diana Ubers happy.
I'm betting that Charles is not legally bound to it and can name her Queen if he wants. She is already the Princess of Wales, just doesn't use it publicly.
After all this time, does anyone really care? I think most of the Diana Worship has died down and hardly anyone would care if she was named PofW or Queen. People have fickle memories. Personally, I never saw what all the Diana Worship was about. I think she was bonkers, and not very pretty.
JMO

Latte
11-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Ok, throwing my hat in the ring for
Victoria Alexandrea, haven't decided on a third or fourth yet.
I guess it is a certainly that one will be Elizabeth.

cygnus
11-08-2011, 08:32 PM
For a boy Hayden-Cayden-Braden-Jayden

For a girl- Destynee Unique Nevaeh Maddisyn ;)

But seriously- I'd love to see Victoria Charlotte Elizabeth Anne

And a boy- Richard Charles Philip Henry

PDilemma
11-08-2011, 08:36 PM
For a boy Hayden-Cayden-Braden-Jayden

For a girl- Destynee Unique Nevaeh Maddisyn ;)

But seriously- I'd love to see Victoria Charlotte Elizabeth Anne

And a boy- Richard Charles Philip Henry

"Maddisyn" should be "Madysyn", shouldn't it? :lol:

On a more serious note, I think "William" and "Arthur" will turn up among boy middle names.

taf2002
11-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Personally, I never saw what all the Diana Worship was about. I think she was bonkers, and not very pretty.
JMO

I didn't understand the Diana worship either. I thought she was pretty, not beautiful, and I couldn't understand why she couldn't keep her pants on, at least until after the divorce. Fergie got all the bad press but no one seems to doubt the paternity of either of her kids.