PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

IceAlisa
11-06-2011, 06:32 PM
And because this is fun...

Elizabeth Frances Caroline

I have to ask: why Caroline? Is there a Caroline somewhere in there?

Coco
11-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, Kate's mom is Carole, which sounds rather ... common. So I "royalized" it to be Caroline. The name Caroline, or Carolina, is found the history of the British Royal family, but perhaps it's not someone they should name their daughter after :shuffle::slinkaway

danceronice
11-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Wasn't George III's wife (who'd be an ancestor somehow) Queen Caroline?

PDilemma
11-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Wasn't George III's wife (who'd be an ancestor somehow) Queen Caroline?

Per the family tree I linked earlier in the thread, George II's wife was Caroline of Ansbach. George III's wife was Charlotte of Mecklenburg. George III had a sister named Caroline Matilda who married Christian VII of Denmark. And George IV married Caroline of Brunswick who appears to have been his first cousin. Their daughter was named Charlotte. So those are two more girl names with royal pedigrees that we had not listed yet.

cygnus
11-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Charlotte would be a good name. There would have been a ruling Queen Charlotte had Charlotte of Wales, the heir to the throne not died in childbirth in 1817. She was quite a personality and would have made a good Queen.

Of course, with her death, we got Queen Victoria- equally interesting. But what if?

Of course, it may be considered an unlucky name within the family.

Latte
11-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I think if it is a boy the name Henry will be in there because William is so close to his brother. Also Charles. He and his father are very close too.
As for a girl, I have no idea but it William wanted to name his daughter Diana, I don't believe anyone would try to stop him. But we will have to wait and see.

Alixana
11-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Princess Alexandra .. Queen Alexandra .. both sound good!

IceAlisa
11-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Princess Alexandra .. Queen Alexandra .. both sound good!

Tsaritsa Alexandra who was Victoria's grand-daughter comes to mind. Lots of bad luck there.

Alixana
11-07-2011, 01:51 AM
And Charlotte died in childbirth and Caroline of Brunswick apparently never bathed.. guess they all had their own problems .. it's fun to speculate though. :)

IceAlisa
11-07-2011, 01:52 AM
And Charlotte died in childbirth and Caroline of Brunswick apparently never bathed.. guess they all had their own problems .. it's fun to speculate though. :)

You can't compare poor personal hygiene to what happened to Alexandra and her family. But who knows, may be the royal family is not superstitious.

Coco
11-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Charlotte would be a good name. There would have been a ruling Queen Charlotte had Charlotte of Wales, the heir to the throne not died in childbirth in 1817. She was quite a personality and would have made a good Queen.

Of course, with her death, we got Queen Victoria- equally interesting. But what if?

Of course, it may be considered an unlucky name within the family.

Interestingly enough, Charlotte's widower went on to be King Leopold of Belgium. It was his sister who married the late Charlotte's uncle and gave birth to the girl who became Queen Victoria. And it was his brother's son, Albert, who married said Queen.

Quite a guy, that Leopold. He built the first railway in continental Europe. Too bad about his son, who became quite the colonial tyrant.

cygnus
11-07-2011, 03:26 AM
You can't compare poor personal hygiene to what happened to Alexandra and her family. But who knows, may be the royal family is not superstitious.

If she were named Alexandra, it would probably be after Queen Alexandra, wife of Edward Vll, and not the Tsarina. Queen Alexandra would be William's gr-gr-great Grandmother.

He would be most closely related to the Tsarina through Philip- she was his great aunt- so William's gr-gr-great aunt.

AragornElessar
11-07-2011, 03:44 AM
If she were named Alexandra, it would probably be after Queen Alexandra, wife of Edward Vll, and not the Tsarina. Queen Alexandra would be William's gr-gr-great Grandmother.

He would be most closely related to the Tsarina through Philip- she was his great aunt- so William's gr-gr-great aunt.

Or Alexandra of Kent, his cousin and someone he's known his entire life.

As far as the Royals and "Bad Luck" around a name, according to a book or magazine article in one of the Royalty magazines that if it had been up to Diana and Charles, we would be talking about Prince John right now instead of Prince William. Both wanted to honour their Fathers, but while Phillip got in there, John did not because of all of the "Bad Luck" surrounding the Prince/King John of Richard the Lionheart fame.

Or Robin Hood if that's the way you know of this particular Royal. ;)

Jenny
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Actually Charlotte would be a great name, after his father. I sometimes think we (I certainly do!) forget that before William and his first born are on the throne, Charles will be, so naming a first daughter after his father would be a great tribute.

I'm now thinking Charlotte Frances Elizabeth. That way they honour Charles, Diana, Kate's father (whose own father shares the same middle name), Kate's mother, Kate's own middle name, and of course the Queen.

Nekatiivi
11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
I root for Charlotte Frances Elizabeth! :cheer2: