PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Lorac
05-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Yep we'll be sat right opposite Buckingham Palace. :D

We will be expecting pictures - lots of them - oh and give Liz a wave from us :D

Fergus
05-01-2012, 04:17 PM
OMG I Just had an email to say my partner and I have won tickets to see the Diamond Jubilee parade on June 5th. We're seated right by the Victoria Memorial. I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :rollin: :dog: :cheer: :swoon: So I get to see everything!!!

GET OUT! :cheer2: How fantastic! :biggrinbo

The better-half and I will be in NEW England for the Jubilee, but we'll be up at the crack of dawn making toasts, watching everything we can, and having a gay old time! :40beers: ;)

Speaking of watching :watch: : I wonder if the Royal Channel on YouTube will be streaming things live, like they did for the Royal Wedding. Hmmmm, I shall do some investigating........

skatesindreams
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Speaking of watching : I wonder if the Royal Channel on YouTube will be streaming things live, like they did for the Royal Wedding. Hmmmm, I shall do some investigating........

Let us know what you discover.
That will probably be the best source of coverage available for us in the US.

floskate
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Wheeeee thanks my fellow royalists!! :cheer: Was a bit bummed out when I didn't get tickets for ANY of the Olympics - have decided on a 3 week vacation to Turkey instead but will be watching bits and bobs from a sundrenched poolside or a beer drenched bar :40beers: - but this MORE than makes up for it. I've still got a chance to make it to an Olympic Games someday - maybe not a home Olympics but an Olympics at least - but a Royal Diamond Jubilee? This is THE absolute once in a lifetime opportunity.

I actually didn't know anything about this. Mr Flo applied for the ticket ballot unbeknownst to me about 4 weeks ago and didn't say a word to me all this time in case the usual happened and he wasn't selected. He just forwarded the email to me this morning over breakfast and waited for the predictable OTT reaction from me :lol: Only 5000 pairs of tickets are to be issued so considering the amount of people who have applied, he's done so well to get these. Things like this never happen to us and we've both had a pretty shitty year so far workwise so this is such a tonic.

Of course I will be doing some pbp - hats and :glamor: mainly but will make sure to try and post a pic of you know who muscling in on the balcony action :rofl: ;)

Right off to eBay to source a new outfit. Gotta be tiffed for Will and Kate innit???

HisWeirness
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
:lol: floskate. I almost choked on my lunch while reading your balcony joke. :rofl:

I love your attitude about the tickets; it truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

floskate
05-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Hotel, trains and two tickets to see the new and brilliant West End production of Sweeney Todd on Jubilee Eve all booked. Exhausted and broke but very happy. I'm off to London to see the Queen!!! (Always wanted to say that :D)

Ok will shut up now :slinkaway

Garden Kitty
05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Very happy for you Floskate!

Jenny
05-01-2012, 07:48 PM

No need! In this thread, over the top, unapologetic gushing is welcome. :)

milanessa
05-01-2012, 07:49 PM

No need. We're celebrating with you. :lol: I'm a little surprised you got a hotel room - I thought they'd be booked.

skatesindreams
05-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Hotel, trains and two tickets to see the new and brilliant West End production of Sweeney Todd on Jubilee Eve all booked. Exhausted and broke but very happy. I'm off to London to see the Queen!!! (Always wanted to say that :D)

No need to do that.
I'm rejoicing with you!

Lorac
05-01-2012, 08:01 PM

Don't shut up - enjoy and revel in your happiness - and we will all live vicariously through you :) I entered the ballot for the Jubilee Concert on the 4th June but got nothing - you are the first person I have heard of who has actually gotten tickets for one of the Jubilee do's!!

AragornElessar
05-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh Floskate...Your hubby did GOOD!! :D

You certainly don't need to stop gushing in here and Congratulations!!! Have a blast!!

I also almost choked when I read your balcony joke...LOL!!!

Reuven
05-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Flo, don’t you need a valet? Pleeezzzeee!!! Have fun!!

Fergus
05-02-2012, 03:46 AM
I did some searching but have yet to find an announcement about any YouTube streaming. IIRC they didn't announce the coverage of the Wedding until shortly before the big event so here's hoping. :)

mag
05-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Nice article on the wedding attended by William and Kate:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9242993/William-and-Kate-make-surprise-visit-to-pub-on-their-wedding-anniversary.html

Kate has been voted most fashionable female royal:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9243359/Duchess-of-Cambridge-Voted-The-Most-Fashionable-Royal-Female.html

Not a huge surprise considering the only people on the ballot were other Royals.