PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

skatesindreams
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Two little Royal Ladies will be having their Christenings. Princess Estelle of Sweden, which is big as she's going to be the future Queen and I can't wait to see who her Godparents will be. The Swedish Royal Family's website has a page/site set up for Estelle's big day, but I can't seem to access it on my slower than slow connection, so haven't shared the link here. Hopefully someone else w/High Speed can give it a look see to make sure it's okay, and only my computer acting up, then share the link here w/everyone else.

HRH Princess Estelle - from the Swedish Royal Calendar

May 22 - Tuesday

Princess Estelle's christening, the Royal Chapel
Participants: King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Madeleine

It will be televised.
Not sure about Geoblocking.

AragornElessar
04-28-2012, 10:29 PM
William and Kate attended an event on Thursday night to kick off the Fundraising efforts for events to mark the 100th Anniversary of the start of WWI. The majority of the one article of the event is mainly focused on a certain brooch Kate wore and, in this case, rightfully so!!

People.com ~ Kate Wears Patriotic Bling at Charity Event (http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20590506,00.html)

Kate, 30, decorated her blue ensemble by Rebecca Taylor with a simple $40 enamel brooch in the shape of a poppy, the red flower symbol of the Royal British Legion charity.

Dubbed "poppy bling" by a Legion spokesman, the brooches are for sale online at Poppyshop.org.uk.

I want one!!! Will have to check out that link and see if they ship overseas. :D

Of the articles I've seen so far leading up tomorrow and their 1st Wedding Anniversary, this one is my favourite...

Canada.com ~ Kate enjoys secret art trips with Prince Charles ( http://www.canada.com/travel/Kate+enjoys+secret+trips+with+father/6524124/story.html)

Glad she's developed such a close bond w/her Father in Law and is developing one w/HM as well. :)

edited to add...Aaack!! Where are my manners and also apologies. Thanks for clearing up w/little Princess will be Christened on May 22nd skatesindreams.

Also sorry for the double post. I hit the quote button instead of the edit one and didn't realize it until the thing posted. Sorry about that.

AragornElessar
04-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Double post deleted.

Jenny
04-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Of the articles I've seen so far leading up tomorrow and their 1st Wedding Anniversary, this one is my favourite...

Canada.com ~ Kate enjoys secret art trips with Prince Charles ( http://www.canada.com/travel/Kate+enjoys+secret+trips+with+father/6524124/story.html)

Thanks for sharing. Over the weekend, we rewatched The Queen and were reminded how very different things were just a few years ago.

skatesindreams
04-30-2012, 02:30 PM
^^^
Thankfully for the Duke and Duchess; and those that follow, it seems that much needed changes have been made at "The Firm".
The 21st Century may have arrived, at last,

AragornElessar
04-30-2012, 11:13 PM
I don't have any proof about this, but I've had the feeling the last five years the reason why there's been so much change, is more due to someone not being around anymore, and I don't mean the late Princess Diana. Call me nuts, but I've had this feeling, hunch or whatever you want to call it that an awful lot of what happened during those years were more to the Queen Mum being around and not wanting anything to change.

Even if it meant the saving of the Monarchy.

During the last five years or little bit more, I've said the House of Windsor has finally grown up to meet it's European counterparts. Thank God for it too.

victoriajh
05-01-2012, 12:04 AM
interesting to read thoughts on the changes
I actually feel that when the queen no longer reins ( treason - iknow!!!) my feelings of tradition and loyalty will be no longer. I do understand that the monarchy NEEDED to be updated- but the tradition and blood lines were waht made it what it was and without that I am not sure it will have the same 'pull' for me.

i grew up with the queen and who she WAS and the way she carried herself and the traditions etc were what made the monarchy for me-

i just dont see myself feeling like that about charles - and later kate....
i keep saying that if the monarchy loose me they will be in trouble ;) cause who will be left!

I have alwasy said that if Camilla ever ends up on my paper money i will cease to use it!! ( and for the reccord- i ONLY use stamps with the queen on them!-the post office guy thinks I am ridiculous -once i made him go and LOOK for stamps with her on it- i mean why would i want to send a flower or a boat when I can have the QUEEN on them???)
;)

nerdycool
05-01-2012, 12:52 AM
I doubt Camilla or Kate will ever end up on money. It's usually only the sovereigns who get that honor.

victoriajh
05-01-2012, 01:00 AM
I doubt Camilla or Kate will ever end up on money. It's usually only the sovereigns who get that honor.

WHHEW!!!!! lol

floskate
05-01-2012, 07:21 AM
OMG I Just had an email to say my partner and I have won tickets to see the Diamond Jubilee parade on June 5th. We're seated right by the Victoria Memorial. I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :rollin: :dog: :cheer: :swoon: So I get to see everything!!!

Lorac
05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
OMG I Just had an email to say my partner and I have won tickets to see the Diamond Jubilee parade on June 5th. We're seated right by the Victoria Memorial. I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :rollin: :dog: :cheer: :swoon: So I get to see everything!!!

Fantastic - Is this the one in London UK?

floskate
05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Yep we'll be sat right opposite Buckingham Palace. :D

Sk8fun
05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Yep we'll be sat right opposite Buckingham Palace. :D

That's so exciting! Some day I hope to get to London.

Jenny
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM

ooo lucky you - can't wait for the PBP!!

skatesindreams
05-01-2012, 03:45 PM

It couldn't happen to anyone who will appreciate it more!
I'm so happy for you.