PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Fergus
04-09-2012, 08:53 PM
^ Seriously, for Their Most Catholic Majesties on the holiest day in the Christian calendar, one would expect something a bit more formal and/or festive.

Doesn't have to be uniforms and mantillas, but geez, even Eugenie tarted up a bit for Easter services. Letizia looks like she's going to a PTA meeting.

AragornElessar
04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
She looked even worse from the back. Those pants Letizia's got on were so tight that, well...I didn't think I'd share that horror w/the rest of you when I'm still trying to bleach it from my own brain.

Wow!! That *is* huge for Camilla. Thanks for sharing the link w/us Fergus.

edited to add...Thank you even more Fergus, as on the side of that page over at the BBC was a link to this...

BBC ~ Saudi princess: What I'd change about my country (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17446831)

It's beyond fascinating reading her thoughts on her Country and how women are treated w/in it.

Gazpacho
04-10-2012, 12:23 AM
BBC ~ Saudi princess: What I'd change about my country (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17446831)

It's beyond fascinating reading her thoughts on her Country and how women are treated w/in it.:respec: She's one of the few women in her country who can make statements like that, and have them punished, without fearing for her life. Good for her for speaking up!

skatesindreams
04-10-2012, 12:34 AM
More power to her!
It's wonderful/amazing that she has the courage to express her opinions.
I hope that she doesn't pay an awful price for doing so.

mag
04-10-2012, 02:19 AM
... and have them punished, without fearing for her life. Good for her for speaking up!

Do you mean published?

Fergus
04-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Wow!! That *is* huge for Camilla. Thanks for sharing the link w/us Fergus.

Thank Lorac. I was too :drama: over the Iberian royal couture...or lack there of....
;)

Gazpacho
04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Do you mean published?Sorry, yes I meant published!

mkats
04-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Aww, Lady Louise broke her arm after falling off of her horse. Best wishes for a quick recovery!

HisWeirness
04-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Aww, Lady Louise broke her arm after falling off of her horse. Best wishes for a quick recovery!

:( Here's an article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2128268/Queens-granddaughter-Lady-Louise-Mountbatten-Windsor-breaks-arm-horse-riding-accident.html

AragornElessar
04-12-2012, 02:04 AM
And Princess Elena of Spain's oldest son shot his foot while w/his Dad yesterday too. Not sure if they were hunting and he was being taught how to handle the gun or was shooting at targets, but it's happened. He's going to be okay thankfully, but still!!

Fergus
04-12-2012, 03:42 AM
^ This is especially creepy because of that incident years ago, as detailed by Wikipedia.org (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Carlos_I):

In March 1956, Juan Carlos's younger brother Alfonso died in a gun accident at the family's home Villa Giralda in Estoril, Portugal. The Spanish Embassy in Portugal issued an official communiqué:
Whilst His Highness Prince Alfonso was cleaning a revolver last evening with his brother, a shot was fired hitting his forehead and killing him in a few minutes. The accident took place at 20.30 hours, after the Infante's return from the Maundy Thursday religious service, during which he had received holy communion.

I'm sure it was simply an innocent mistake today and he's lucky he didn't get seriously hurt; however, doesn't it make you think that maybe the Spanish Royal boys shouldn't be playing around with weapons? Ya know, just 'cuz...... :shuffle:

I hope for a speedy recovery for HE and HRH Princess Louise of Wessex :) (YES, I'm going to use her official title, no matter what her parents say! :drama:)

AragornElessar
04-12-2012, 04:03 AM
^ This is especially creepy because of that incident years ago, as detailed by Wikipedia.org (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Carlos_I):

In March 1956, Juan Carlos's younger brother Alfonso died in a gun accident at the family's home Villa Giralda in Estoril, Portugal. The Spanish Embassy in Portugal issued an official communiqué:
Whilst His Highness Prince Alfonso was cleaning a revolver last evening with his brother, a shot was fired hitting his forehead and killing him in a few minutes. The accident took place at 20.30 hours, after the Infante's return from the Maundy Thursday religious service, during which he had received holy communion.

I'm sure it was simply an innocent mistake today; however, doesn't it make you think that maybe the Spanish Royal boys shouldn't be playing around with weapons? Ya know, just 'cuz...... :shuffle:

I hear you. I never knew about what had happened w/Prince Alfonso until today and it was brought up over at The Royal Forums. I'm sure this has brought up some very awful memories for HM today. :(

I hope for a speedy recovery for HE and HRH Princess Louise of Wessex :) (YES, I'm going to use her official title, no matter what her parents say! :drama:)

A man after my own heart. :D I get why Edward and Sophie decided on that, but at the same time both Louise and James are HRHs and it just feels to me like their birthright was taken away in some manner. There are other Royal Families out there who have HRH Princes/Princesses who don't perform official duties, but work what most would consider a normal job and still keep their titles.

I can't explain it better than that, but it just gave me a sad feeling in a way when I heard about it. Know what I mean, I hope?

In other news...

This has put a grin on my face since reading it...

Daily Mail ~ RICHARD KAY: Loyal Harry turns out for Tiggy's boy at musical on life of King Arthur (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2128531/RICHARD-KAY-Loyal-Harry-turns-Tiggys-boy-musical-om-life-King-Arthur.html)

You know, everyone says how they can't wait to see William as a Dad and how he'll be such a great one, but Harry's the one that I can't wait to see as a Dad. Just seeing how he's been w/kids at various functions and engagements he's done over the years, he's just *so* good at bringing little ones out of their shyness/shell when he meets them at first and w/in just a couple of minutes, has them all giggling.

William's good at it too, but I also sense from him he does realize a wee bit more about what he can get away w/and what he can't regarding his position/being the future King when it comes to interactions at times. Whereas Harry can act up a wee bit more due to him being third in line.

I hope that made sense and get across what I'm trying to say. Sigh...Sometimes the written/posted word can only convey so much.

barbk
04-12-2012, 03:31 PM
It was gratifying to see that he seems to have such a positive relationship with his former governess, and that she in turn has avoided writing any kind of tell-all and has found an interesting career for herself.

AragornElessar
04-15-2012, 12:28 AM
I've always had such a great amount of respect for King Juan Carlos of Spain for how he was able to pull his country together after the Franco regime. A fair bit of that is now gone after learning about how he was spending his holiday time...

Daily Mail ~ Spain's King Juan Carlos has emergency hip replacement after falling during Botswana elephant hunting trip (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129715/Spains-King-Juan-Carlos-emergency-hip-replacement-falling-Botswana-elephant-hunting-trip.html)

Why Elephants? I don't care it's legal in Botswana, they're still an endangered species, not to mention such noble animals and...I still don't believe it. And then there's the other fact that HM decides to jet off on this massively elite holiday while the majority of Spain is in a very deep recession, maybe even depression.

The SRF has not had a good year this year w/Inaki and his shady business dealings being looked into, then Elena's son's accident a couple of days ago and now this.

I wish HM a speedy recovery regardless, but...Yeah. :(

IceAlisa
04-16-2012, 04:25 PM
A royal skandal is a-brewing in the UK (http://gma.yahoo.com/pippa-middleton-caught-gun-wielding-scandal-114955360--abc-news-topstories.html)