PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

milanessa
03-09-2012, 12:47 AM
She looks lovely but needs to develop a more royal signature. :lol:

barbk
03-09-2012, 03:04 AM
What did the Duke of Kent do to end up with Uganda and the Falklands as his two stops on the Queen's Jubilee Tour? (And why is he styled the Duke of Kent when he's a prince?)

mag
03-09-2012, 03:31 AM
One of my favorite looks (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2112023/Duchess-Cambridge-Kate-Middleton-Queen-board-train-1st-day-Diamond-Jubilee-tour.html) for Kate in quite awhile. She looks AMAZING!!

ITA! I wish she would wear her hair pulled back with a hat more often. The look is so much more princess like. The teal green of the outfit is a great colour on her. I know that she likes high street styles, but I also wish she would sometimes go with couture. She has such a great figure; it would be great to see her in an day outfit designed just for her.

maatTheViking
03-09-2012, 03:50 AM
I love the queens hat :)

victoriajh
03-09-2012, 03:52 AM
I love the queens hat :)

NO one wears hats like the queen!!!- love how she is so colourful these days- it's like she is just so happy and wants to show it! =)

IceAlisa
03-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Kate couldn't be more elegant if she tried. A true fashion icon. I don't see anything wrong with her signature, nice handwriting.

Nekatiivi
03-09-2012, 06:30 AM
I love Kate and like her style but I wish she would let a professional help her with the make-up. Her use of eyeliner is so unflattering and makes her look much older. I can't understand why she does that to herself!

nerdycool
03-09-2012, 06:32 AM
What did the Duke of Kent do to end up with Uganda and the Falklands as his two stops on the Queen's Jubilee Tour? (And why is he styled the Duke of Kent when he's a prince?)As far as the Royals on the Civil List goes, the Duke of Kent is probably one of the last on the list. So everyone in front of him get to go to the cooler places. (I don't know... that's just what I'm guessing).

As for why he's styled as the Duke of Kent when he's a prince... a royal dukedom title trumps being a prince in the UK. That's why Prince Philip is known as the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Andrew as the Duke of York, Prince William as the Duke of Cambridge, etc. Heck, even a royal earldom trumps it, hence Prince Edward being known as the Earl of Wessex. They'll always be princes though, and that is usually the very first title mentioned in the string of titles they'll accumulate (except when William becomes King, then prince won't appear in his list of titles).

The ONLY princely title that trumps all is the title for Wales. That's why Prince Charles is known as the Prince of Wales, and not the Duke of Cornwall, which is his second-ranking title, and the one automatically given to the heir to the throne.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing. So I won't blame you one bit if my explanation didn't clarify anything at all. :)

IceAlisa
03-09-2012, 06:55 AM
I love Kate and like her style but I wish she would let a professional help her with the make-up. Her use of eyeliner is so unflattering and makes her look much older. I can't understand why she does that to herself!

That's a good point. I think she is a bit heavy handed with make up too.

nubka
03-09-2012, 07:35 AM
That's a good point. I think she is a bit heavy handed with make up too.

I don't mind her eyeliner so much. She sure looks great in all her clothes, but bless her heart, she really needs to lengthen her hemlines. Scroll down to pics where she is behind the Queen, getting out of the car... :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2112023/Duchess-Cambridge-Kate-Middleton-Queen-board-train-1st-day-Diamond-Jubilee-tour.html

IceAlisa
03-09-2012, 08:26 AM
In that particular picture it does look on the shorter side but when she is standing up straight, it's not even an inch above knee length. That's the problem with pencil skirts, they hike up.

There is a way to get out of a car without giving people a show in a short skirt but it wouldn't be possible in this particular car (is this a Phantom? I am not up on my Rolls-Royces).

Lorac
03-09-2012, 11:56 AM
In that particular picture it does look on the shorter side but when she is standing up straight, it's not even an inch above knee length. That's the problem with pencil skirts, they hike up.

There is a way to get out of a car without giving people a show in a short skirt but it wouldn't be possible in this particular car (is this a Phantom? I am not up on my Rolls-Royces).

It's a good 3 inches above the knee but she has such fantastic legs she can carry it off. She also got out of the car without too much issue - none of those pictures showed anything they shouldn't!! Eventually Kate will have to stop carrying a clutch purse as it sometimes hinders her ability to take flowers and shake hands. Tucking it under her arm works for the moment though. And that was as lovely outfit. I think it is fantastic of her to keep wearing high street outfits as it really supports them in these hard times as well as shows a thrifty side which is a good thing when many people are out of work and having a hrad time making ends meet.

Anyway it was lovely to see both the Queen and the Duke be so natural and happy with Kate - they both appear to really like her and Kate is such a natural person which really shows through the in the photo's etc. Kate is having an amazing introduction to what her future role will be and I'm sure is appreciating it. Next week she will be making her first public speech - I'm sure Prince William will be sending her many supportive texts as she prepares for that.

Jenny
03-09-2012, 12:57 PM
NO one wears hats like the queen!!!- love how she is so colourful these days- it's like she is just so happy and wants to show it! =)

I think it's quite calculated, and I don't mean that in a bad way. She's in a celebratory mood, and also wants everyone to know she's good and strong in her position.

I also very much think that she's making sure that she's the star at any occasion. I noticed it in the Christmas trip to church - the Queen was the brightest, then Camilla and Kate, then everyone else. Even if the crowd wants to see Kate, you simply cannot miss and cannot help but focus on the Queen.

Plus, she just looks good in bright colours, and people have likely told her so - don't underestimate a woman's vanity. :)

my little pony
03-09-2012, 01:07 PM

i still think she has permanent liner tattooed on, it never changes

Nekatiivi
03-09-2012, 03:18 PM
i still think she has permanent liner tattooed on, it never changes

Yeah, I suspect that too. It just beyond me why people do that. There is some many nice ways to put eye liner, I would not want to be stuck with just one!

So many things I don't understand... :drama: