PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

barbk
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
That's cute. He seems to be thoroughly enjoying it. Nice to see that the touring around adapts to the person they send. Once this tour is over, is he done with his stint of jubilee touring, or is there another batch scheduled for him?

danceronice
03-06-2012, 07:22 PM
ROFL...though let's be fair, is there anyone who WOULDN'T have to 'cheat' to win a footrace with Usain Bolt?

Jenny
03-06-2012, 08:21 PM
:rofl: How can you not love him?

Love it! I do admire how he manages to seem a regular guy, and yet princely at the same time. I recall Prince Andrew wasn't so natural in the role at that age, if he is even now.

skatesindreams
03-06-2012, 08:32 PM
As the second son, he has the chance to "seem" a regular guy, in ways that William can't.

Jenny
03-06-2012, 09:22 PM
As the second son, he has the chance to "seem" a regular guy, in ways that William can't.

That's why I was comparing him to Prince Andrew, not his brother or father. :)

Latte
03-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Or if Diana had not been so young.

Or if they had not forced Charles into marrying someone so unsuited to the role.;)

Latte
03-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I have a question, now that females are in line for the throne if they are older than their brothers, if both William and Harry should die, would Anne be next in line after Charles or would Andrew still be next in line after Charles?

mkats
03-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Latte, I believe that they stated the change in the law would only apply to future heirs to the throne, and the current line will remain as it is.

Latte
03-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Yes, that is what I thought they would do.

Parsley Sage
03-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Her title would under all normal circumstances be Queen Consort and she would be addressed as Queen. Just like Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother was, and Queen Mary--they were called that because they were married to kings (and the fact that no one really wanted to call a twice-divorced fascist sympathizer "Queen" was a part of why so many people violently opposed Edward VIII marrying Wallis.) So she WOULD be "Queen Camilla" unless they opted not to use the title to appease the Diana fanatics, whom one would hope would have gotten over themselves by that point, but as they're still whining about the Princess of Wales thing apparently not.

According to the official biography of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother..

"In accordance with the practice at British Court, as queen consort Queen Elizabeth was referred to as "The Queen". As the King's widow she was referred to as Queen Elizabeth, like Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary before her"

AragornElessar
03-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Did anyone else in Canada catch The Diamond Queen on Newsworld last night? Turns out it's Part One, w/Part Two next Monday.

To say it was excellent is an understatement. There were pictures and film I've never seen before. Such as a very young Princess Elizabeth toddling around w/her Parents. We were also treated to a look inside the little thatched play cottage given to The Queen and her late sister Princess Margaret when they were little by the People of Wales and is on the grounds of Windsor. I'm thinking it's closer to the Royal Lodge there, where Andrew and the girls now live, but I've also been really sick w/some sort of bug today, so also could be *very* wrong on thinking that too.

In fact, Princess Beatrice headed a team that not only re-thatched the roof, but also went inside and gave it a bit of an over haul and updating. IIRC, that was for the Diamond Jubliee, but could be wrong on that as...Well...See above. She brought in the BBC reporter and for the first time for me, we got a chance to see what the little place looks like inside.

Charming is such an overused word for something like this, but it really is...Charming. :D Beatrice was talking about how many cherished toy "friends" of her Granny and Uncles and Aunt were in there, then reached behind her, brought out a far more newer looking Teddy Bear and said they'd now been joined by some new friends. She also said how much she was looking forward to seeing Savannah (Anne's Granddaughter) play in it once she got a wee bit bigger and they could pass along some of the traditions of the little house on to the Next Generation.

It really is an excellent documentary and anyone who is a Royalty fan should see it. :)

Now...Speaking of Savannah, she's getting a little brother or sister sometime this month IIRC. I can't remember if it's early March or a little later on this month that Autumn's due though. Anyway, just thought I'd remind everyone about the next Royal Baby Watch. :D

Also that Kate will be joining The Queen and Prince Phillip on the first visit to kick off HM's Diamond Jubliee Tour of the UK on Thursday. I can't remember exactly where though and my body's demanding I go to bed and get the rest I need to kick this bug to the curb, so I really can't go and check right now. I do know it's Thursday.

Oh, I also saw the clips of Harry and Usain Bolt on the track today and...ROTFLOL!!! They looked to be having a ball. :D

Reuven
03-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I hope that is aired here in the States. Love to see it.

Lorac
03-07-2012, 01:01 PM

It is a fantastic series - hopefully you get to see it at some point.

Stefanie
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Also that Kate will be joining The Queen and Prince Phillip on the first visit to kick off HM's Diamond Jubliee Tour of the UK on Thursday. I can't remember exactly where though and my body's demanding I go to bed and get the rest I need to kick this bug to the curb, so I really can't go and check right now. I do know it's Thursday.

I think they're going to Leicester.

skatesindreams
03-07-2012, 02:42 PM

So would I!