PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

skatesindreams
02-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Just found this:

Officials: Dutch Prince Severely Injured in Austrian Avalanche:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/17/world/europe/austria-royal-avalanche/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

skipaway
02-17-2012, 09:05 PM
I hope he gets better soon...skiing outside the boundries though...not a good idea.

AragornElessar
02-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Been over at The Royal Forums since I learned the news. My homepage is Yahoo Canada and this was one of the headlines over there. As soon as I saw that, I headed to TRF to see what they knew.

Prince Johan Friso was not skiing by himself, but w/a group. While they were in an area that wasn't a groomed trail/run, they also checked to make sure it was as safe as it could be considering the conditions and they were told the area was good to go. They also all had on those avalanche locator beacons in case something did end up happening.

Sadly it did.

Thanks to that locator beacon, they were able to find where the Prince was and also dig him out w/in 15 minutes and get him on the Air Ambulance to the hospital. However, there are now reports the medical crew on the copter had to revive Johan Friso while they were on their way to the hospital.

I don't like the sound of that. While the various statements now say he's in stable, but extremely critical condition...

Going to pray and hope for the best.

AragornElessar
02-20-2012, 11:45 PM
W/the reports and photos coming out of Sweden that Security is now at the hospital in Stockholm getting the Maternity Ward/Labour and Delivery Dept ready and prepared as of last Friday, we all know what that means, right?

Full scale Baby Watch is on over in Sweden. Crown Princess Victoria was picked up by a news camera mic telling someone during a walkabout last week the little Prince or Princess is due anytime now/late February to early March. Since we're now officially in the final full week of February... :D

Just thought I'd mention it and give everyone a heads up. The Queen's very special Diamond Jubliee present is due soon too, right? I could swear I remember that Autumn's due date's early March as well.

As for the other Royal watch of a hospital...Prince Friso's still in Critical, but stable, Condition. One change from the weekend is the news he has a fractured skull, but other than that, nothing new.

Both Crown Prince Wiliem-Alexander and Prince Constantijn and their Families have joined Queen Beatrix, Princess Mabel and her and Friso's two daughters in Austria. Crown Princess Maxima and Princess Laurentian were seen yesterday on the slopes w/not only their children, but Friso and Mabel's two daughters as well.

Which is a good thing for the girls IMO, as their Aunts and cousins will help keep them distracted and also for Mabel, as she doesn't need to worry about if the girls are being taken care of right now on top of everything else. Knowing they're in good hands can leave Mabel to concentrate on what needs to be done at the Hospital and anything the Medical Team needs to speak w/her about.

Good thoughts and prayers for them are still so very badly needed.

Now...Don't forget Kate has a full day of engagements focused on The Art Room and all they do tomorrow. I'm counting on all of you to make sure the various pics and articles get posted over here, as I'll be a bit "occupied" tomorrow. I have a date w/my Dental Surgeon in the Operating Room at the hospital tomorrow, so won't be around much, if at all.

Figures!! The day I have to try and take my meds w/a sip of water, it's the day where I take the most pills (I take one of them on alternating days) and that exact same day where I'll be getting over the effects of all those drugs, Kate has a day of engagements.

Never fails, does it? :lol:

mag
02-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Duchess of Cambridge visits the Art Room

http://thestar.blogs.com/royals/2012/02/duchess-reveals-her-artistic-side-and-her-dogs-name.html

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/royalwatch/features/article_1692060.php/Duchess-of-Cambridge-Oxford-Visit-Pictures?page=1

Jenny
02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Most royals, even when they are smiling and apparently having a nice time, tend to look a little reserved - but not our Kate. She really seems to be enjoying herself. Not since Diana have we seen that natural openness, and it's a joy to see.

Wonder how many people will be naming their pets Lupo now??

mag
02-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Another article on Kate. Apparently even fake fur is headline news ....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/236816/Duchess-of-Cambridge-embroiled-in-fake-fur-spat/Duchess-of-Cambridge-embroiled-in-fake-fur-spat

AragornElessar
02-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Just about to leave my sister's for the Sudbury Junction VIA Rail station and decided to give The Royal Forums one last check and...

Crown Princess Victoria's been admitted to hospital in Stockholm and is in labour!!!

The little Prince or Princess is on the way and this is CONFIRMED by the Court Press Officer.

Just thought I'd share the news before taking off. :D

avivadawn
02-23-2012, 05:31 AM
And....Prince Daniel will make an announcement at 7am Swedish Time...in about 37 minutes.

I hope that the child is a girl....but no matter the sex: I hope more that the child is healthy!

ETA:It's a girl!
Welcome to the World little one!

maija
02-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Yes, it is a girl! The new Princess of Sweden is now head news here in Finland, too. :D

HisWeirness
02-23-2012, 12:47 PM
They've released a photo of the new princess :glamor: and her proud parents:
http://www.thelocal.se/39292/20120223/

:cheer:

Fergus
02-23-2012, 01:50 PM
A future queen is born!!! :cheer2:

Mazel tov to the entire family! :biggrinbo

PS: Anyone know how to find the Swedish Royal Family's official Facebook page? I've been searching but now I have to run and catch a subway! Cheers!

maija
02-23-2012, 01:59 PM
PS: Anyone know how to find the Swedish Royal Family's official Facebook page?

It is 'Kungahuset'. :D
The page is in Swedish.

Fergus
02-23-2012, 03:28 PM
It is 'Kungahuset'. :D
The page is in Swedish.

Thanks! I'll use Google Chrome so it automatically translates. ;)

So, looks like the crowned heads of Europe in a couple generations will be filled with more queens than a sample sale at Barney's!!! :biggrinbo

Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway
Elisabeth of Belgium
Leonor of Spain (*Perhaps the Asturias will try for a boy? No need to, IMHO)
New Baby Girl of Sweden!!! :cheer2:

Looks like Christian of Denmark & Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein might be the only boys.......until the Cambridges start their family and Guillaume of Luxembourg ever decides to get hitched! :lol:

skatesindreams
02-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Welcome, little Princess!
Much happiness to the Royal Family; and the people of Sweden.