PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

IceAlisa
11-04-2011, 10:23 PM
OMG OMG, Duchess Kate declines to eat a peanut product--she might be pregnant!! :drama:
Is this going to happen every time she declines to eat or drink something?

victoriajh
11-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks so much Fergus.

floskate, I'm verklempt, also
I love HMQ; and honour her for spending her life in service to the country; it's history, and traditions.
She is a rare person indeed.

THIs
In watching the video I kept thinking how odd it mus t be to have that sung to you".and how sad I will be when we don't get to anymore ...I hope the queen has MANY MANY years ahead of her!!
The moment I loved the best being on the mall in April was when every one sang god save the queen.....I feel the words which is probably why it ws so powerful for me
LONG LIVE TE QUEEN

skipaway
11-04-2011, 11:10 PM
OMG OMG, Duchess Kate declines to eat a peanut product--she might be pregnant!! :drama:
Is this going to happen every time she declines to eat or drink something?

Reports say she also gave her husband a knowing look as he examined the paste's packaging and label.
but, there was that "knowing look" between Will and Kate when she refused..:lol:

danceronice
11-05-2011, 12:39 AM
^^^
Envy makes people say/post strange things.

Oh, yeah, having clicked and read a few posts, I'm thinking there are a whole lotta bitter single women on that forum who are annoyed that Mary (and apparently Kate) existing means they can't even pretend to be in the running any more.

And maybe Kate doesn't like peanut butter. Or thinks it's fattening. Or wasn't hungry. I think the baby patrol need to find another hobby.

IceAlisa
11-05-2011, 12:47 AM
but, there was that "knowing look" between Will and Kate when she refused..:lol:

Oh well, then it must be true. That's as good as a pee stick with a + sign. :lol:

AragornElessar
11-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Here's a better one...

How about she just didn't want the World Press taking shots of her licking Peanut Butter off her finger like her Husband just did? But then we wouldn't be treated to this latest baby rumour.

I still can't believe UNICEF's people there offered both Royal Couples a taste of that stuff, but nothing to use to taste it w/. Sheesh!!!

PDilemma
11-05-2011, 04:59 AM
Because of Bill & Cathy Cambridge's visit with Fred and Mary Denmark, I did some searching for royal gossip online...............

:wideeyes:

OMG, there are some vicious forums out there about trans-global royals! Mary especially is ripped to shreds by many, many posters.

Here's my question: Can we believe them? Is she really the vapid, $-hungry twit they paint her as or is it just the insane ramblings of bitter old queens and spinsters??? Few of them give any sources to back up their postings, but even as a guy who has seen ALOT of twisted things in his lifetime, I was surprised at the vitriol aimed at Mary (and Fred, who they call out for being a huge royal doofus).

Thoughts/comments/opinions?? I'll hunt around at work for the direct links and post them here...........

I read some of that crap you linked; I'm sorry to say. They come across as jealous old hags. It's all...omg, he married that girl and she's just so not good enough...about both Mary and Kate. And poor William...he doesn't even like his wife but should be tossed down the line of succession below Harry for marrying her because Harry has had the good sense not to marry someone they disapprove of and on and on....I assume when he does marry, they will not approve. Then who are they going to give the crown to?

IceAlisa
11-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Really? Why wouldn't someone not like Kate? (I am not at all familiar with Mary) She's conducted herself flawlessly, with poise and dignity in a situation that would have left most quite nervous, both before, during and after the royal wedding. William seems to be quite taken with her, otherwise why would he marry her? They looked very sincere and appeared to have a good relationship at the wedding. They were literally cracking up together at the altar. :)

And last but not least, I am a sucker for her fashion sense.

Fergus
11-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I only wish more people here could see the bleakness of living in the UK without a monarchy. Trust me I do NOT begrudge my 70p a year or whatever it is to keep the monarchy up and running!!! :cheer:

I stumbled upon this clip (http://blog.cgpgrey.com/the-true-cost-of-the-royal-family/) just this morning. ;)

kwanfan1818
11-05-2011, 03:14 PM
I was in London for the Queen's silver jubilee. Just sayin.

Andrushka
11-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I love her fashion sense too! But then again,I lean more toward classic in my personal style.

As to why people may not like her.It has nothing to do with her personally,because she can be a decent,genuinly kind person but if she has something or someone, someone else wishes they had then they just hate her guts due to jealousy and plain old hate. She seems like a lovely person.

IceAlisa
11-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I stumbled upon this clip (http://blog.cgpgrey.com/the-true-cost-of-the-royal-family/) just this morning. ;)

I love this video! :lol: at declawed kitten. :cat:

Parsley Sage
11-05-2011, 03:38 PM
After getting all verklempt at the videos Fergus posted and some of the related videos that came up with them, I stumbled across this little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejRJXR92B7g&feature=fvwrel

I would be very surprised if Elizabeth wasn't among the names of any daughter that William and Kate might have some day. I'm thinking the pregnancy announcement will be at the end of the Jubilee celebrations.

I remember watching the Canadian coverage of HM's Golden Jubilee and thinking what a joyous celebration it was.

PDilemma
11-05-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm thinking the pregnancy announcement will be at the end of the Jubilee celebrations.

I'm thinking that no one has absolute complete control over when such things occur...so I really doubt that there will be any spectacularly timed pregnancy announcements. And given the level to which HMQ and Prince Charles seem to be protecting William and Kate's ability to start their marriage more normally and more on their own terms, I doubt there has been any dictation as to when they may or may not start a family for public relations purposes.

danceronice
11-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Given the number of names royals tend to get (I can't even remember William's whole name--isn't there a Philip and an Arthur in there?) they could probably honor Elizabeth (neatly covers two bases, William's Grandma and Great-Grandma), Diana, Kate's mum, Kate herself and probably even great-aunt Margaret and Aunt Anne and great^4 grandmother Victoria if they wanted.

And I'm sure Andruska's spot-on re the bitter old hags at that forum. Their problem with Kate is SHE'S NOT THEM!