PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Glorious: The Royalty Thread #2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

victoriajh
11-10-2011, 02:34 AM
I didn't understand the Diana worship either. I thought she was pretty, not beautiful, and I couldn't understand why she couldn't keep her pants on, at least until after the divorce. Fergie got all the bad press but no one seems to doubt the paternity of either of her kids.

just wonder did you ever see her in person? i had the honor of being in her royal presense ( well I stalked her at the opening of expo 86...among other events..) and she has such an auroa about her- and she seemed so genuine about her interest in meeting people and caring about them- i feel that SO many royals now try to emulate her but the true feeling behind it is missing ( that is my beef with kate- she looks to be pretending too much- it does not seem naturual more forced or done becasue it is expected-] if you are not a diana fan you must admit that she made great strides for the current royals in this area!

nerdycool
11-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Get a new hobby, baby-stalkers, yeesh. Or they could, you know, speculate on royals that were actually pregnant...But where's the fun in that? ;)

mag
11-10-2011, 03:03 AM
just wonder did you ever see her in person? i had the honor of being in her royal presense ( well I stalked her at the opening of expo 86...among other events..) and she has such an auroa about her- and she seemed so genuine about her interest in meeting people and caring about them- i feel that SO many royals now try to emulate her but the true feeling behind it is missing ( that is my beef with kate- she looks to be pretending too much- it does not seem naturual more forced or done becasue it is expected-] if you are not a diana fan you must admit that she made great strides for the current royals in this area!

That's really interesting. I also saw Diana at Expo 86. She, Charles, and the Mulroney's were at Canada Place. I was a huge Diana fan and I was so disappointed. IMHO Mila really outshone Diana. I put it down to Diana being extremely photogenic - in fact way more beautiful in pictures than in real life.

Of course, with hindsight, we now know that she was not at all well in 86 and that could have been why she didn't glow the way I expected.

I saw Princess Anne once in person. She is one of the most unphotogenic people in the public eye. In person, she is quite beautiful and very warm.

I do agree that Diana did help bring the Royal family into the 20th Century and she did a lot of good for a lot of people. It is too bad her mental health issues were not dealt with early on. Postpartum depression is a terrible disease and when added to an eating disorder and unresolved issues from broken home you get a recipe for disaster. It is sad to think what could have been.

kwanfan1818
11-10-2011, 06:09 AM
I will always admire Princess Diana for visiting and touching an AIDS patient in hospital on film at a time when most people treated AIDS patients like lepers. I think that broke a barrier for a lot of people.

danceronice
11-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I prefer Victorian manners to touchy-feely crap. I can't blame royals for only pretending to want to go around hugging and kissing people-if I've never met you, I don't want to hug you, either, and I really don't want you touching me past the fingertips. (Maybe I'll make an exception for kissing the Pope's ring, but I'm not sure I'd even want to make contact given how many other people have...)

Oreo
11-11-2011, 04:29 AM
During the time William was dating Kate, I thought that "yeah, ok, she's attractive, but not like a Diana." Since the wedding, I have to completely commend her. She's made the transition beautifully. She's gorgeous and grounded.

The newest pictures:
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/femail/article-2060105/Kate-Middleton-Temperley-Grecian-dresss-charity-dinner-Wills-gets-Falklands-posting.html

centerstage01
11-11-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm loving that silver dress. Simple but very elegant.

mag
11-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Her make up also looks less harsh. The earrings are amazing ... are they part of the royal collections? I don't think I've seen them before.

Jenny
11-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Love the dress! And I must note that her arms look great - not so scrawny and much healthier :)

Hubby sure can pull of formal wear, too.

danceronice
11-11-2011, 03:01 PM
During the time William was dating Kate, I thought that "yeah, ok, she's attractive, but not like a Diana." [/URL]

LOL, I was like "Wow, she's so much prettier than Diana." But an ugly blonde '80s bob does nothing for me and I'll almost always put a brunette first.

PDilemma
11-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Her make up also looks less harsh. The earrings are amazing ... are they part of the royal collections? I don't think I've seen them before.

Read a rumor they were a gift from Prince Charles.

My father-in-law never buys me anything....:lol:

barbk
11-11-2011, 05:18 PM
The newest pictures:
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/femail/article-2060105/Kate-Middleton-Temperley-Grecian-dresss-charity-dinner-Wills-gets-Falklands-posting.html

Ummm...that picture of William's left hand is...unfortunate.

victoriajh
11-11-2011, 06:40 PM
During the time William was dating Kate, I thought that "yeah, ok, she's attractive, but not like a Diana.
posting.html[/URL]

I wish I could rep you for this....:D

danceronice
11-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Read a rumor they were a gift from Prince Charles.

My father-in-law never buys me anything....:lol:

Quick, tell the baby theorists! I mean, OBVIOUSLY, if her father-in-law is giving her presents, it's in honor of her carrying his first grandchild.

(I am being sarcastic. If by some chance that turns out to be precisely the case, I may have to punish myself somehow.)

IceAlisa
11-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Quick, tell the baby theorists! I mean, OBVIOUSLY, if her father-in-law is giving her presents, it's in honor of her carrying his first grandchild.

That's it! That's the final proof we needed. :D

Seriously, I don't really know whether she is pregnant or not, but this constant mentioning of flat stomach is neither here, nor there. It's not like one day you conceive and the next day you wake up with a huge belly. It takes a while to show, as I've said before.