PDA

View Full Version : Who will win Cup of China Ice Dance? The Great Philosophical Debate!

Frau Muller
11-03-2011, 04:41 PM
So who do you think will win Cup of China Ice Dancing? Will if be Toe-Tapping Shibutanis or 'Artsy-Fartsy' Melodrama of Bobrova/Soloviev? (Or another team?)

This should be a great juxtaposing of the two major styles of ice dancing today: the audience-pleasing ballroom-dancey style vs the balletic 'serious melodramatic' style. The judging panel will let us know the way the winds are blowin'.

Will it be the Shibs' Chatanooga Choo-choo or Bobrova/Soloviev's cavorting woodland nymphs...and I cannot WAIT to see the costumes for that!

Cast your votes.

DaiKozOda
11-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Bobrova & Soloviev - haven't seen them this season yet and I have no idea what they will skate to. Nevertheless, I love them and I'm crossing my fingers for their victory.

~tapdancer~
11-03-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm going with the Shibs. And I think the winds are already blowin' in the audience-pleasing ballroom-dancey style. In fact, I think they are pretty stiff winds already. But that's just my feeling right now.

I'm interested to see B/S's costumes, too. I've always liked them since I first saw them skate. Just something interesting about them to me.

Prancer
11-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Discussion about current competitions should take place in the competition forums, not in The Trash Can.