PDA

View Full Version : IJS Senior ladies with triple / triple combinations

Pages : [1] 2 3

essence_of_soy
11-01-2011, 04:43 AM
With all of the talk surrounding Tuktamisheva, a 14 year old skater straight out of juniors winning Skate Canada, having the advantage of triple - triple combinations without a post-pubescent body, I'm wondering how many senior ladies currently competing under IJS have triple - triple combinations?

Specifically, ladies in their late teens and twenties with grown - up bodies.

Miki Ando, YuNa Kim, Carolina Kostner, Cheltzie Lee, Maé Bérénice Méité, Kiira Korpi, and Joannie Rochette come to mind.

(NB: It's quite interesting that a few of the skaters from Skate Canada last week were wunderkinds themselves as first year seniors, namely Cynthia Phaneuf, Mirai Nagasu and Rachel Flatt.)

johndockley92
11-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Did you just name a skater Wikipedia?

essence_of_soy
11-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Haha, good pick up. I had to run a google search to spell Maé Bérénice Méité.

alchemy void
11-01-2011, 05:13 AM
OES heart the 3toe+3toe......

Alena Leonova
Ksenia Makarova
Viktoria Helgesson?
Sarah Hecken
Sofia Biryukova
Elena Glebova

I'm sure there are others.....

briancoogaert
11-01-2011, 10:38 AM
You still name Joannie Rochette ??? Don't get me wrong, I love her, but is she still skating in competition ?

Anyway, other 3/3, IIRC : Alissa Czisny (3Lz/3T), Haruka Imai (IIRC, 3Loop/3Toe), Kanako Murakami (3T/3T)

gingercrush
11-01-2011, 10:50 AM
What triple/triple does Rochette do?

antmanb
11-01-2011, 12:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing. She never did land the 3F/3T or 3Lz/3T in competition (as far as I recall) but I think she did do 3T/Half-loop/3S.

MikiAndoFan#1
11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Joannie has landed 3T+3T combinations in competition. Here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_PiIz-DIc_o#t=33s.

pinky166
11-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Agnes Zawadzki - 3t-3t
Kanako Murakami - 3f-3t, 3t-3t
Christina Gao - 3f-3t, 3t-3t
Haruka Imai - 3lo-3t
Carolina Kostner - 3f-3t, 3t-3t
Cheltzie Lee - 3t-3t

Then a bunch of Euro ladies have 3t-3t: Hecken, Meite, Silete, Marocco, Glebova, Gedevanishvilli, Korpi, Makarova, Leonova and I'm probably forgetting some.

The following skaters competed on the JGP this season but are age-eligible for senior IJS competitions and appear to be past their growth spurts:

Polina Shelepen - 3lz-3t, 3s-3t
Polina Agafonova - 3lz-3t, 3s-3t
Polina Korobeynikova - 3f-3t
Juulia Turkkila - 3t-3t
Beata Papp - 3t-3t

Vagabond
11-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Laura Lepistö has a triple toe-triple toe. If we're going to count Cheltzie Lee (apparently not retired taking the season off) as "currently competing," we should also include her, since she might be back in competition later this season.

crs
11-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Alissa Czisny will never be the consistent skater most people want her to be (especially scott hamilton and co.). She will never be a michelle kwan. And let's not talk about her winning over a superior carolina costner at skate america,just laughable. And some people think this score systems is better than the old one,sure lol1

sequinsgalore
11-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I try only take into account previous season and this ongoing.

3T+3T:
- Alena Leonova
- Ksena Makarova
- Sofia Biryukova
- Julia Lipsnitskaia
- Anna Shershak
- Kristina Zaseeva
- Maria Stavitskaia
- Kiira Korpi
- Laura Lepistö (injured)
- Beata Papp
- Alisa Mikonsaari (not ratified yet?)
- Linnea Mellgren (not ratified yet?)
- Elene Gedevanishvili (did not attempt at SA. According to Orser she will do 3T+3T later this season)
- Alissa Czisny (no attempts yet)
- Carolina Kostner
- Mae Berenice Meite
- Shoko Ishikawa
- Kanako Murakami
- Miu Sato (not ratified yet?)
- Yuki Nishino (not ratified yet?)
- Yukiko Fujisawa (not ratified yet?)
- Christina Gao
- Agnes Zawadzki
- Akiko Suzuki (popped attempt at SC)
- Sarah Hecken
- Isabel Drescher
- Elena Glebova
- Yasmin Siraj (not ratified yet?)

3S+3T:
- Polina Agafonova
- Polina Shelepen
- Rosa Shoji

3Lo+3T:
- Haruka Imai (did not attempt at SA)

3F+3T:
- Christina Gao
- Zijun Li (no attempts yet)
- Kanako Murakami (landed at regionals)
- Risa Shoji (not ratified yet, went back to 3S+3T)
- Satoko Miyahara
- Ashley Wagner (twofooted, but landed at CoR 2010)
- Gracie Gold

3Lz+3T:
- Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
- Elene Gedevanishvili (has in practice according to Orser. Will perhaps attempt later)
- Alissa Czisny (not ratified yet)
- Polina Shelepen
- Adelina Sotnikova
- Satoko Miyahara (not ratified yet)
- Gracie Gold
- Yuna Kim (not competing this season)

3F+3Lo:
- Hae Jin Kim
- Courtney Hicks (now injured)

3Lz+3Lo:
- Adelina Sotnikova
- Miki Ando (but not ratified previous season)

briancoogaert
11-01-2011, 08:03 PM

I was thinking the same thing. She never did land the 3F/3T or 3Lz/3T in competition (as far as I recall) but I think she did do 3T/Half-loop/3S.
Many 3T/3T back in 2005. And 3F/3T, once, in a SP (2008 4CC SP).

RFOS
11-01-2011, 08:17 PM
If Gracie Gold is being mentioned (as a Junior level skater both nationally and internationally, but Senior age-eligible) then Katarina Kulgeyko deserves a mention also, since she landed a nice 3Lz+3T in the SP at Pacific Coast Sectionals last year. I don't know of any others that she's landed.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2011/68087/SEGM022.html

I always thought it would be fun to try to come up with a list of everyone female skater who has ever landed a 3-3 in competition, and which 3-3(s) and which competition(s), plus a similar list for men and quads, just to see how many really have landed each. We could also include a sub-list for those who have ever attempted 3-3s, but not landed them cleanly (and we can endlessly debate whether certain attempts should be counted as clean based on video ;)). Maybe with YouTube we could even include some links to practice attempts just for fun. Is anyone else dorky enoguh to be interested in this. :shuffle:

gkelly
11-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I always thought it would be fun to try to come up with a list of everyone female skater who has ever landed a 3-3 in competition, and which 3-3(s) and which competition(s), plus a similar list for men and quads, just to see how many really have landed each. We could also include a sub-list for those who have ever attempted 3-3s, but not landed them cleanly (and we can endlessly debate whether certain attempts should be counted as clean based on video ;)).

I'm sure there will be many debates about Slutskaya, as well as Lipinski and Hughes. To be expected with loop combinations.

Maybe with YouTube we could even include some links to practice attempts just for fun. Is anyone else dorky enoguh to be interested in this. :shuffle:

Dorky enough to read it but not to do much of the work.