PDA

View Full Version : Pasquale Camerlengo - "It" choreographer of the moment?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BittyBug
11-01-2011, 12:40 AM
With two Grand Prix events behind us, I couldn't help but notice how many skaters had programs choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo. Takahashi, Brezina, Rippon, Suzuki, Czisny, Marchei. This is in addition to the programs of his students, like Pechelat / Bourzat and Hubbell / Donohue, which one would expect.

David Wilson and Lori Nichol are still the dominant choreographers, but Camerlengo seems to be getting more and more work. What do you think of Camerlengo's programs? Will he become a choreographic legend like Nichol and Wilson? Is he already?

orbitz
11-01-2011, 01:07 AM
I like his LP for Czisny last season. Don't really care for the programs I've seen so far this season from Czisny, Rippon, Takahashi and Brezina though.

smarts1
11-01-2011, 01:09 AM
^ Ditto, I liked Alissa's FS from last season. Not much for the others. (Btw, does anyone know why Suzuki moved away from Miyamoto's choreography?)

TwizzlerS
11-01-2011, 01:13 AM
I love his work. I didn't realize he did Brezina's programs. I hadn't warmed up to Brezina until I saw his LP this year which was a vast improvement over last year's work.

zilam98
11-01-2011, 02:02 AM
i dont know if he has done professional shows, but when he does, it will certainly cement his status in both amateur and pro circuits

MarieM
11-01-2011, 07:33 AM
I do still remember what he used to do as an ice dancer, and it shows in his choreography ;)

Ziggy
11-01-2011, 08:26 AM
His choreography is much better than Nichol's and Wilson's.

Marchei's programs are fun.

Which programs did he do for Takahashi and Rippon? Because I think they have one from Camerlengo and the other from another choreographer?

reut
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Which programs did he do for Takahashi and Rippon? Because I think they have one from Camerlengo and the other from another choreographer?

He choreographed "Blues for Klook" (LP) for Takahashi and "Toccata and Fugue" (LP) for Rippon.

This season he also choreographed for German pair Hausch/Wende, for Italian pair Berton/Hotarek, for Spanish dancers Hurtado/Diaz, for Romain Ponsart.

museksk8r
11-01-2011, 12:49 PM
He choreographed "Blues for Klook" (LP) for Takahashi.

This alone is enough reason to love his work! :swoon:

I also really like what he has done for Marchei this season as well as Czisny's LP last season. Suzuki's and Pechalat/Bourzat's programs are always treasures I think. His 2010 season LP for Abbott was exquisite too! :)

VarBar
11-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I like his LP for Czisny last season. Don't really care for the programs I've seen so far this season from Czisny, Rippon, Takahashi and Brezina though.

Don't care much for those either.

AznSkateFan
11-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I always thought he never got the credit he deserved for Gheorge Chiper's :kickass: programs. Nice to see Pasquale getting that credit now for other skater's programs!

arakwafan2006
11-01-2011, 10:22 PM
His work with Akiko this year in the free is good. The weird thing is that there is this casualness that his work has. I would say that his best work is with Takahashi though.

topaz
11-02-2011, 02:05 AM
I really really like his choreography. His Ice Dance stuff is brilliant imo.

literaryfreak
11-02-2011, 02:48 AM
I adore Camerlengo's mens' choreography. Didn't he do Jeremy Abbott's 2010 LP? Absolutely gorgeous, so dark and brooding. :swoon:

mysticchic
11-02-2011, 02:54 AM
He also is doing stuff for BOTB