PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

pani
11-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks Marikat for posting that practise vid. I love the new opening....much better :).......Good luck to them today

Yes good luck them today!

Macassar88
11-18-2011, 04:06 PM
They don't need luck!

pani
11-18-2011, 04:21 PM
They don't need luck!

:confused:

pani
11-18-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/NikaQuest#p/a/u/1/O-jRL1t6LjA
T-S SD
71.18=34.64+36.54
How do you like this?

marbri
11-18-2011, 08:57 PM
The score is not an improvement from Skate Canada so I imagine they are disappointed with it.

Personally I haven't felt the same excitement since I first saw the program at Finnlandia. I don't think they should be overly concerned, if they skate it well and get their levels it will serve them well, but it's not making the same impact their FD made last season. On a petty note I really don't like the blue dress.

pani
11-18-2011, 09:02 PM
The score is not an improvement from Skate Canada so I imagine they are disappointed with it.

Personally I haven't felt the same excitement since I first saw the program at Finnlandia. I don't think they should be overly concerned, if they skate it well and get their levels it will serve them well, but it's not making the same impact their FD made last season. On a petty note I really don't like the blue dress.

If they got level 4 for one of the sequens (sorry, but i cant understand, how with such a good skating they couldnt get level 4 for pattern, when not such a greate skaters got it?) they could improve there score on 1 point. So they improve there score, but lost 1 level - they have time to improve this :)

VarBar
11-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Scott's feet got a bit sloppy towards the end of the second rhumba pattern and the final swirl wasn't as sharp as it was at Skate Canada IMO. Other than that, my quite untrained eye couldn't detect any real flaw in their performance but I'd also like Tessa to wear another dress for the SD.

flowerpower
11-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't think they should be overly concerned, if they skate it well and get their levels it will serve them well, but it's not making the same impact their FD made last season.

It's the program construction, IMO. Both patterns of the rhumba should be done at the beginning, very sultry using Temptation, then amp it up into the Hip Hip Chin Chin part, building the energy level for a big finish. I hope they restructure it.

We know they can do a Latin program that will have the audience on their feet - we saw that at Worlds last year, then we saw it even more in the exhibition programs they skated this past summer. They deserve a better-constructed SD.

pani
11-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Dont know - i saw only they look more relax and Scott was more sexy in this perfomance. Yes, final swirl was better in Canada, but IMHO this perfomance was more emotional.
As for audience on their feet - o, only not in Paris :)
Why they choose Paris? Audience lov ethem much more in Moscow :)

marbri
11-18-2011, 09:43 PM
It's the program construction, IMO. Both patterns of the rhumba should be done at the beginning, very sultry using Temptation, then amp it up into the Hip Hip Chin Chin part, building the energy level for a big finish. I hope they restructure it.

We know they can do a Latin program that will have the audience on their feet - we saw that at Worlds last year, then we saw it even more in the exhibition programs they skated this past summer. They deserve a better-constructed SD.

I think you are right. Restructure the rhumba sections and put some more colour into it, I want to see Tessa wearing hot colours. Blue is a cool colour, it works against the mood they want imo.

I agree with you pani regarding Scott. I think this is the best performance of his to date.

flowerpower
11-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Why they choose Paris? Audience lov ethem much more in Moscow :)

Yes, it would have be good for them to go to Moscow again, but they probably didn't have first pick this year. So it's hard to say what their preference would have been. :)

marbri
11-18-2011, 09:45 PM
I thought they liked going to TEB. It's also good for them to skate here now back to back with P&B for the experience because worlds will be in Nice and the crowd will be behind P&B.

pani
11-18-2011, 09:55 PM
I thought they liked going to TEB. It's also good for them to skate here now back to back with P&B for the experience because worlds will be in Nice and the crowd will be behind P&B.

D-W choose first and maybe they want skate at the same rink, where they got there first WCh gold ;)
And Tessa love Paris and i think she had relatives in France (i remember in book Scott said "french Tessas family).
And Paris is one of the best city in the World ;)
And as for audience. In Moscow D-W didnt have the same level of support from audience, but they won - so this is not important. And in Nice there are will be a lot off fans from different countries.
And even if T-S maybe a little afraid Russia, i think V-M skating in pure russian style (before B-B era). Thats why russian crowd love them.

I agree with you pani regarding Scott. I think this is the best performance of his to date.
When we talk with my friends about junor canadian team (from Aarom Lowe group), who skated tango: "maybe he will have sex with her on ice at the end of the season, but she is only 13 or 14 :lol:" I thought about Scott - i am sure in Nice he will be close to do this with Tessa o ice in his fight for first place at Canton CD ;)

Rafter
11-18-2011, 09:57 PM

I agree with this totally. For some reason there isn't any real build in this program so it doesn't have the impact I'm sure they were going for. Their FD last season was more effective in this regard. At SC my impression was that W&P's program built a lot more and I thought they even got a bigger applause than V&M did.

I think it was a mistake to slow down that that Hip Hip Chin Chin music for the CD pattern. IMO they should have put both CD patterns during the Temptation section and left the HHCC music as is.

I also don't like Tessa's dress. She needs to be in a much brighter, more vivid colour. Knowing Tessa, this probably isn't her final SD costume.

Also, what do they have to do to get Level4 for their Rhumba patterns?

Rafter
11-18-2011, 10:00 PM
D-W choose first and maybe they want skate at the same rink, where they got there first WCh gold ;)

I suspect D&W chose Cup of Russia as their other GP event because they want to try and build a fan base in Russia leading up to the Sochi Games.

But I was actually surprised they didn't choose NHK because they always say how much they love skating in Japan.