PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71

nlyoung
12-12-2011, 02:24 PM
As clarie and ceg15 have written, "pissed off" is pretty common in this neck of the woods, and while not refined speech, it isn't exactly "swearing"... To be "pissed off" is simply to be annoyed with something; "it's a piss off" as Scott used it would mean it's a big fat annoyance... ;)

marbri
12-12-2011, 02:28 PM
If I'm pissed off I'm angry.

This is starting to remind me of something I read once for all the different ways the word Fcuk can be used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugLxkiNhjEE <--Don't watch at work or if you are under 18 ;)

pani
12-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Oh, look like now Scott is worst person in th World for FSU :(
Someone know what questions did journalists ask, when Scott tell all this?
For me its look a little out of context

VarBar
12-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Yet, when some here (myself included) voice that we aren't really seeing the same genius in D&W that others do we get told to stop.

Exactly. It seems most D/W fans feel they are entitled to constantly post that V/M didn't deserve the Olympic gold, that they always have crappy programs, they are sticky sweet and other 'flattering' comments - btw, Tessa and Scott were repeatedly bashed in their own thread by some D/W fans and I don't remember having seen other D/W fans drop by to reply they didn't want to be associated with the bashers - but God forbid V/M fans should say that they don't get the greatness in D/W and that they think the judges are overscoring them, they are immediately painted sore losers and a bad sport. And they are also being advised not to take seriously any praises by experts for Tessa and Scott because those experts might have some sort of hidden agendas of their own and might not be sincere in their statements. Funny to say the least. LOL

Oh, look like now Scott is worst person in th World for FSU :(

Aren't you overreacting again, pani?

pani
12-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Aren't you overreacting again, pani?

Hope so. But this time i understand people :(

puglover
12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't have a problem with Scott stating his opinion at this point in their career. If the current Olympic Champion/former World Champion can't call it as he sees it then who can? I do have a tremendous amount of respect for the judges and I know most of them got their start spending countless hours in freezing arenas in small towns judging skating tests as exciting as watching paint dry. However, in a sport as costly as figure skating with the tremendous sacrifices for the skater and family it seems vital that they get it right. I think Scott's referring to their superiority as artistic ice dancers is not just his opinion but the opinion of many informed ice dance fans. I think he has a valid point in questioning why that did not seem to be reflected in the marks in their free dance. They would seemingly have been monitored sufficiently this year to pick up any weaker areas. I think Funny Face is a difficult piece of music and one only skaters of their ability could master without making it look cheesy so I give them full points for stepping out of the box and portraying this so well, even if not everyone is in love with it. I do love Davis and White and give them full credit for a flawless performance yesterday. I just hope the criteria for judging the two programs is not the likability of the music as to me that makes a mockery of ice dancing as an Olympic sport. I don't know what Marina and Igor's feelings are and don't want to assess them on a few seconds on television - I would think Tessa and Scott are the best judges of what the atmosphere is in Canton and if they are treated as second rate or not. I can't see how it would help Marina and Igor to have Tessa and Scott leave - it seems to me it would be to their advantage to have both top teams trade first place up to the next Olympics and have their next tier teams ready to take it from there.

DORISPULASKI
12-12-2011, 04:16 PM
My guess is that Marina & Igor expect to be running their business long after V&M and D&W have retired. It is not to their advantage, in their long term business model, to deal underhandedly with any of their students, and even more so with Skate Canada or USFS or any other federation.

What I do hope is that V&M will go back to Canton and polish that program and their SD a little more, and come out on fire at Worlds & 4CCs.

pani
12-12-2011, 04:39 PM
My guess is that Marina & Igor expect to be running their business long after V&M and D&W have retired. It is not to their advantage, in their long term business model, to deal underhandedly with any of their students, and even more so with Skate Canada or USFS or any other federation.

What I do hope is that V&M will go back to Canton and polish that program and their SD a little more, and come out on fire at Worlds & 4CCs.

So V-M could go to Dean and Z-Sh stay working with there american teams ;)

kwanette
12-12-2011, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=puglover;3402611]I don't have a problem with Scott stating his opinion at this point in their career. If the current Olympic Champion/former World Champion can't call it as he sees it then who can? QUOTE]

Does one have to have both titles to be graceless?

I am not an uber of either team. In truth, I had a hard time warming up to either of them. Having seen "Mahler" in person in 09 at SC, I appreciated what V/M put on the ice and I absolutely think that they deserved the OGM. D/W, while proficient, had never in any way moved me until this year's FD. I think it is brilliant and is the perfect vehicle for a team that really has no connection. I wish that Scott hadn't fallen in the SD; it would have been interesting to see the outcome. I am thrilled to see a great rivalry like they have.

With that said, I am off to watch Weaver/Poje who, IMHO, and to my untrained eye, have cumulatively the best programs of the season.

Macassar88
12-12-2011, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3uu6u27nE&feature=channel_video_title
Is it me, or does Scott still look pissed during the gala?

Loves_Shizuka
12-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Is it weird that Scott's comments (which, of course, are being blown ridiculously out of proportion) make me warm to him/them?

PashaFan
12-12-2011, 05:22 PM
I agree, they were all great. W&P have improved so much and should be so proud. I really love them, and was deeply moved by their FD. P&B are still my pick for bronze at worlds this year, and it would be great to see them win their first world medal at home. They are superb skaters, and I wish they had a better free program (I love their music but can't stand the 'walk like an Egyptian' posing, but that is the choreography and not them--they are brilliant). btw, as a Pasha fan, this music must bring back good memories for you:)

Still one of the best free dances ever-Grishuk/Platov-The Feeling Begins:D.
I agree that Natalie/Fabians posing is a little out of place. I would like to see some softer moves.

marbri
12-12-2011, 05:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3uu6u27nE&feature=channel_video_title
Is it me, or does Scott still look pissed during the gala?

The gala and the FD were on the same day so I'd imagine he was still feeling deflated.

But moving on I LOVE that exhibition and that version of the song. Gorgeous exhibition. I'd like to see them bring a bit of that kind of tension and longing to a FD, would blow everyone else away.

Ajax
12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
I have no problem with Scott's comments or him thinking that they are the best team out there. He is entitled to his opinion! I just don't understand how their training situation works out though. He just went on record basically saying that he thinks D&W are not as good as V&M (that's the logical conclusion if he's saying V&M are the most artistic team), and the next day he has to go to the rink and look Charlie & Meryl in the face? Can you say AWKWARD?? I just don't see how it is possible for Shpilband & Zueva to coach both teams without there being hurt feelings.

Macassar88
12-12-2011, 05:45 PM
I have no problem with Scott's comments or him thinking that they are the best team out there. He is entitled to his opinion! I just don't understand how their training situation works out though. He just went on record basically saying that he thinks D&W are not as good as V&M (that's the logical conclusion if he's saying V&M are the most artistic team), and the next day he has to go to the rink and look Charlie & Meryl in the face? Can you say AWKWARD?? I just don't see how it is possible for Shpilband & Zueva to coach both teams without there being hurt feelings.

And the thing is that it must be near impossible to coach two teams at that level who are direct rivals without favoring one of them slightly.