PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71

marbri
12-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Professordeb. "Piss off" and "it's a piss off" are two different things. You are describing "piss off" which is indeed the same as telling someone to "fcuk off".

flowerpower
12-12-2011, 05:24 AM
I agree. And "a piss-off" is not that strong a term - more like a frustration or an annoyance, the way I've heard it used.

zilam98
12-12-2011, 05:37 AM
this rivalry almost reminds me of the 2001 season between a/p and f-p/m when a/p made several changes to their dances and also had a fall in their euros fd. i clearly remember marina's tears on the podium, though i dont remember any words exchanged between teams.

marbri
12-12-2011, 05:40 AM
I think there might have been something about downhill skiing. :lol:

marbri
12-12-2011, 05:43 AM
http://www.skatebuzz.com/default.aspx

Skatebuzz has some post competition videos up. Small interview with V&M.

pani
12-12-2011, 06:50 AM
I agree. And "a piss-off" is not that strong a term - more like a frustration or an annoyance, the way I've heard it used.

Thaks for posting this, because look like Lynn Rytherford have different opinio.

Calm down, pani. It isn't as if he said anything against his competitors, clearly he meant the judge
This even worst. If they want to have strong convisation with coaches- i could understand, why judges gave them 10th in component score.

Now all be talking how bad person Scott is :( Why he did this?
And really dont like Tracy Wilson, who always see problems with programs only at the end of the season.

walei
12-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Maybe Scott could say it more mildly but I am glad team V/M are sending out to the judges loud and clear to eliminate any perception that they are resting on their laurels as reigning Olympic Champ and will fight tooth and nail for the top spot.

I think we've seen it often in figure skating that those who are hungry gets awarded by the judges.

Bournekraatzfan
12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
I am so sad for V&M but happy for D&W. I guess that's the thing when you love both these teams--you are always happy for one's win and sad for one's loss. I agree with both Proustable and Carmen Ovsiannikov...I have been dismayed at some of the comments about Meryl and Charlie, yet I do feel that only a couple of posters are responsible for this...they just happen to post often. I think most people in this thread want to separate themselves from that, thankfully.

Bournekraatzfan
12-12-2011, 10:47 AM
I loved both FDs today--they both swept me away. I actually do think that D&W are trying to address issues with free leg extension and mismatched lines. I do think they need more work in this area, but I see some improvement and think that this program kind of pushed them to make these improvements (waltz calls your attention to these details). I feel like they really capture the beauty of this music with their faces, arms, and knees and their connections has grown over the last few years. There is a little moment when they begin the march section that shows how far they have come in terms of presenting more detailed, nuanced programs. I think they skated two fine programs and am so happy for them! They really seemed to appreciate the crowd response.

I am also so sad for V&M. I really thought they had the winning FD because their performance was so detailed and nuanced, and their SS are just so ridiculously good. They skate so close together (I think Rafter mentioned their hip connection, which is such a key component of ballroom dancing), they have a fluidity to their skating that is second to none (they don't just skate with speed--it is effortless speed where they never appear to push or have to push), and their posture and lines are perfection. It is unreal how much their free leg lines match...everything down to those beautifully pointed toes. I love their FD, and don't think they should have to change anything...but i had predicted earlier in the season that they might have to look at adding choreo in the middle section, not because I think that it is at all empty but because they make it look so easy that they judges could think that this section is simple when it is anything but. very few crossovers or two-foot skating ...but they don't seem to be rewarded enough for that and for those above-mentioned detail. I wonder what adjustments they will make to their FD. They are capable of anything--I mean, they managed to skate well at 2 WCs in seasons that were disrupted by injury and surgeries.

PashaFan
12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
I thought all of the top four were fab.
It was the first time I really enjoyed Meryl & Charlie's FD this season.
I still don't think they were that far ahead of Tessa & Scott though. The judges do seem to be favouring them so much (I'm not sure what's changed from two seasons ago).
Natalie & Fabian have a lot of work to do if they want to hold off Weaver & Poje at the Worlds but I think Natalie & Fabian have a better short dance.
I really do think that Marina is rooting for Meryl & Charlie much more than Tessa & Scott.
It must be an difficult situation for them.

Bournekraatzfan
12-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Now all be talking how bad person Scott is :( Why he did this?
And really dont like Tracy Wilson, who always see problems with programs only at the end of the season.

I too was a bit surprised at Scott's comments, but we really don't know what he actually said and how he meant it. He has always given D&W credit in the past, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions. I am a bit concerned about him voicing frustration with the marks as I fear that this will get back to the judges...

From what I gathered, Tracy seemed to think that Tessa and Scott's ease obscured their program's difficulty (she said, "sometimes, when you make the difficult look so easy it is assumed to be easy and that's not the case..."--it's funny, because I said the same thing to my friend when I saw the marks). I think she is responding to how these programs have been scored during the GP season and especially at this event.

Bournekraatzfan
12-12-2011, 11:14 AM
I thought all of the top four were fab.
It was the first time I really enjoyed Meryl & Charlie's FD this season.
I still don't think they were that far ahead of Tessa & Scott though. The judges do seem to be favouring them so much (I'm not sure what's changed from two seasons ago).
Natalie & Fabian have a lot of work to do if they want to hold off Weaver & Poje at the Worlds but I think Natalie & Fabian have a better short dance.
I really do think that Marina is rooting for Meryl & Charlie much more than Tessa & Scott.
It must be an difficult situation for them.

I agree, they were all great. W&P have improved so much and should be so proud. I really love them, and was deeply moved by their FD. P&B are still my pick for bronze at worlds this year, and it would be great to see them win their first world medal at home. They are superb skaters, and I wish they had a better free program (I love their music but can't stand the 'walk like an Egyptian' posing, but that is the choreography and not them--they are brilliant). btw, as a Pasha fan, this music must bring back good memories for you:)

clarie
12-12-2011, 01:27 PM

As a proud Canadian :), I have used that terminology in times of annoyance at something. It's not a very strong term IMO. It's not something that is directed at anyone in particular...more directed at a situation one doesn't like. It's also used to support someone who's undergone an adverse situation....I use it sometimes to support my sweetee when he loses a curling game ;)

ceg15
12-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Just thought I'd clarify the "piss-off" comment... I'm Canadian and have said this term myself a few times haha. It basically means, as some others suggested, "it's frustrating" or "it's annoying". Or it's just something that pisses you off in general.

For example: "I had to wait 5 hours in line at the train station, it was such a piss-off."

Sorry Clarie, you posted right before me and I didn't see it haha

pani
12-12-2011, 02:11 PM
http://sport.ria.ru/interview_sport/20111212/515009293.html
Interview with Marina Zueva. Most about her life.