PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

sliver98
12-12-2011, 12:25 AM
I`m glad this has lit a fire under them, it looked earlier in the year that they were skating a bit through the motions bodes well for the rest of the year go get em tessa and scott:kickass:

Rafter
12-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Did anyone notice the cut to Tessa's face as D/W's marks were announced and they were preparing for an interview? It didn't look... happy.

I think she looked very displeased and I wonder if it had to do with how hard Igor was clapping for D&Ws placement.

Time for V&M to ditch Igor and Marina.

Proustable
12-12-2011, 12:26 AM
True. I mean in general.

FWIW, Tessa thinks they should be there for junior events (ME TOO!!!)

kina
12-12-2011, 12:27 AM
for the look, click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PltxLUnWtjs) at 8:00

Rafter
12-12-2011, 12:30 AM
They said Pani they don`t know what the marks mean or what ISU is looking for they want to reevaluate and improve the program, they looked pissed especially Scott Skate canada must do something quick and talk to shpilband.

Talk to Shpilband? :lol: As in, we're going to dump your sorry ass? :lol: Sorry but Shpilband doesn't give a rat's a@@ about V&M or Skate Canada. He's all about D&W, it's pretty obvious and has been since the Olympic season. The NBC fluff piece during Skate America just cemented this notion.

Proustable
12-12-2011, 12:34 AM

I'd love to know what the commentators said.

Rafter
12-12-2011, 12:39 AM
For those who think D/W were overscored and V/M underscored, here's a technical analysis of the SD that shows the scoring was correct:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?35597-Technical-Breakdown-of-the-Senior-GPF-SD

PML! No offense to DORISPULASKI (and I appreciate the effort) but what makes her an authority or expert on this?

marbri
12-12-2011, 12:41 AM
I think she looked very displeased and I wonder if it had to do with how hard Igor was clapping for D&Ws placement.

Time for V&M to ditch Igor and Marina.

It could simply be disappointment and reality sinking in when they saw the marks.

It's a tough situation and I don't know how you can really serve both teams completely. I've said it before and I still believe it. Doesn't mean the coaches are evil but when you have two teams where any less then gold is a failure how do you accomplish this without failing one of them. You have to be constantly on top of things to see what you need to add for one to beat the other but in their situation it's neverending :confused: It's not as bad as Sophie's Choice but it's a choice. It's why teams always end up leaving. L&T left in B&A's dust who were left in D&W's dust and now once again they are in a difficult situation.

It was Tracy Wilson, I believe, who said the other night that sometimes it just comes down to a decision you made months earlier and that is your music. Of course you can always improve things, nothing is perfect no matter how manys 10s are handed out but if they are interpreting their program as well as they do, getting their levels and skating it well then they need to find out what is missing.

Cherub721
12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
FWIW, Tessa thinks they should be there for junior events (ME TOO!!!)

But why not seniors? I mean it's an advantage for Tessa and Scott, so I just don't get it... and I think the extra costumes would be fun for Tessa. :D I guess CDs must be really boring to practice. :lol:

Golightly
12-12-2011, 12:43 AM

They both look disappointed because they lost a major competition. As for Igor and Marina clapping, I didn't see anything different. All these analyses on paralanguage take us nowhere. I get that many want them to leave and are desperately hoping for a gesture, a sign, anything that would indicate they aren't happy in Canton, but what you see and what's there can be two very different things. I guess we don't know. What did I see? Two people understandably sad because they lost a competition.

Proustable
12-12-2011, 12:44 AM
But why not seniors? I mean it's an advantage for Tessa and Scott, so I just don't get it... and I think the extra costumes would be fun for Tessa. :D I guess CDs must be really boring to practice. :lol:

Scott complains about practicing the Rhumba steps, so yeah - I can see that.

nubka
12-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Talk to Shpilband? :lol: As in, we're going to dump your sorry ass? :lol: Sorry but Shpilband doesn't give a rat's a@@ about V&M or Skate Canada. He's all about D&W, it's pretty obvious and has been since the Olympic season. The NBC fluff piece during Skate America just cemented this notion.

Well, it's about time. :P

marbri
12-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Scott complains about practicing the Rhumba steps, so yeah - I can see that.

Well tell him to stop because they need their level 4s;)

flowerpower
12-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Can you imagine what Krylova & Camerlengo would do with V&M if they skated a super classical program to something like Rach #2 or Claire de Lune or Masquerade Waltz or Swan Lake? If V&M stay until Sochi, I hope they pull out the ballet card and skate to some Russian composer to a ballet score.

Yes, Krylova and Camerlengo would be a good choice. Plus they could stay in Detroit near their families, Tessa's school, physio, etc.

Just don't know if they will leave Marina and Igor. Have to wait and see.

Proustable
12-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Golightly, I agree with you. Let's not forget that he and Charlie are close enough to think of and pull off a dance prank on their training mates in order to lighten the pressure of the GPF, nor the look of delight on Scott's face when he found out that Alex and Maia medalled at Worlds last season.

The upside is that the last two GPFs they've been to have lit fires in them and were met with success later on.

re: Krylova/Camerlengo - their choreography his hit and miss, I find. Yeah, they nailed W/P this year, but P/B less so and who could forget the chintzy Moulin Rouge W/P had last season?