PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

pani
11-05-2011, 11:57 AM
After watching FD at CoC i thought - thats why V-M genios. There so many this swing-jazz FDs at CoC and its hard to watch this uplifting from the begining to the end. Different story with V-M FD so :D

Golightly
11-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Hello, I have a request and maybe someone here can help me. Is there a high quality picture of their final lift in the FD from Skate Canada? Thank you!

sliver98
11-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Pani i loved Bobrova and Soloviev i feel their basic skating is awesome definately improved their speed and ice coverage, The Shibutanis though have terrible programs this year they will be dumped at worlds no doubt.

allezfred
11-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Oh how I miss my Eurosport. Chris Howarth is the other commentator. I always liked his commentary and found him fair so it's encouraging and hopeful that he liked this program. Nicky Slater knows his stuff as well but he definitely has his moments where it seems something personal comes out. I always imagined he watched things with a sneer :lol: But I need to point out I haven't watched Eurosport for 3 years so these are dated opinions.

Nicky is just batshit crazy these days. Every time there is a male ice dancer who isn't wearing a jacket he just harps on about it. For the entire programme. :rolleyes:

Chris also used to work with Simon Reed. Don't know if he still does but Simon was the worst with little knowledge of what he was watching. The only thing his commentary is worth is to gauge what program is the most audience-friendly.

Simon is still around. Unfortunately. There need to be more tennis events to keep him occupied. :scream:

Cherub721
11-06-2011, 01:16 AM
When Tessa had her hair in a ponytail and wore the black tank and leggings in the Finlandia practice, I instantly recognized the "a girl's gotta dance" moves after the diagonal step sequence. Classic Audrey Hepburn scene. Unfortunately, when she wears the dress and has her hair in the bun, I can't really place the scene that easily. The line of the dress masks the hip action and the twirl of the ponytail is lost. However, I don't think she should wear black leggings as her FD costume since it's only that one moment in the whole program, and such a costume is against the rules anyway.

It would be cool if she wears a variety of costumes throughout the season and then someone makes a montage matching all of the correct costumes with that scene's music in the FD. :D

After watching FD at CoC i thought - thats why V-M genios. There so many this swing-jazz FDs at CoC and its hard to watch this uplifting from the begining to the end. Different story with V-M FD so

Yeah. I re-watched their FD from SC after CoC, and I'll be damned if they don't deserve 10s for interpretation. There's not a beat of music that V&M miss, even the changes of positions in the lifts. And they're so expressive.

manhn
11-06-2011, 05:52 AM
If you're ever in Downtown Vancouver, check out the Book Warehouse on Davie (the Gay Village) because I was there this afternoon and I bought V&M's hard cover book for EIGHT bucks! Since I will be going to GPF, I will try to get them to sign it (I will remove the plastic cover, as their bargain sticker cannot be removed).

pani
11-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Yeah. I re-watched their FD from SC after CoC, and I'll be damned if they don't deserve 10s for interpretation. There's not a beat of music that V&M miss, even the changes of positions in the lifts. And they're so expressive.

Happy i am not along :D Yes - maybe there musicality and sense of rythm made this dance look more interesting.
But how we could explane this to judges? :lol:

Macassar88
11-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Wow... V and M have started a terrible trend... This year, there are at least two other teams using some cut from their FD last year.

bbkenn
11-07-2011, 01:38 AM
I agree with the both of you.

D&W are excellent technicians (they have been since they first entered the senior division) but overall V&M still have the edge. V&M also still are a tad ahead when it comes to skating skills. Or at least should be.

I wonder if the judges/commentators are afraid of losing viewers and don't want to go through the complaining again about one couple being ahead the majority of the time. D&W and V&M are being held up as a great rivalry between two equal teams but IMO they only time D&W should be in danger of knocking V&M from the top would be if V&M have off performances for whatever reason. That could change in the next couple of seasons but at the moment I find V&M as skaters to be better.

Anyway, I really like Funny Face. I found the Skate Canada performance to be more than a step up from Finlandia. I thought the red dress was better as well but would love to see what the program would be like with the black outfit some of you were talking about (I need to watch the Finlandia practice). Watching also made me curious as to how V&M would look skating to an all jazz FD.

I really like Funny Face too. I love the flow, the dancy feel to it; their glorious extensions and deep edges. I also love watching the joy they're experiencing dancing to this; it's palpable even through the TV and so because they're so happy, it makes me happy. I like that.

pani
11-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Wow... V and M have started a terrible trend... This year, there are at least two other teams using some cut from their FD last year.

:D I am wonder -why other skaters took everything V-M doing - there circular twizzles, liftes even music cuts when they are so boring :lol:
But honestly - Mujer Latina was used many times before them ;)

I also love watching the joy they're experiencing dancing to this; it's palpable even through the TV and so because they're so happy, it makes me happy. I like that.

O yes! The main things is - i hope they will enjoy all this season and even more then 1 season ;)

Carmen Ovsiannikov
11-08-2011, 03:11 AM
In the past, I've not really agreed with the "V&M are the new T&D" talk but I have to say that Funny Face reminds me of what T&D originally did with Face the Music and Dance (Europeans version) and IMO it's the type of program B&A may have been thinking of when they wanted to skate to That's Entertainment.

Unfortunately for B&A what I believe they intended to do somehow never made it onto the ice but for V&M this program by the end of the season could bring the house down and possibly (hopefully) bring them a second world title (we have to wait and see). Okay for B&A perhaps it was a blessing in disguise as Amelie was much better.

I'm surprised at how much my perception of Funny Face changed from seeing it at Finlandia then seeing it at Skate Canada. At Finlandia I liked it but wasn't totally sold, yet after Skate Canada I loved it. The choreography is more interesting than the Mahler FD (IMO) so Scott and Tessa don't need to rely on their fantastic skating skills and connection to make the piece sing. That dynamic is still there along with the program content. I'm glad we get to see them in the fall competitions again.

pani
11-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Yes, i am an uber, but i wish to say this :D
I love T-S because they never show how good they were in competition if they wasnt (like most others teams do) and they know they could made such better. Look at there reaction after FD in Finlandia, SD at SC - they start talking about mistakes just they came to Marina. They new - this wasnt there best skating.
But it was a reall joy to see there reaction after FD at SC. I think they done care about marks at that moment and all we know- this will be something good for them, because they show there best for this time of the year.
Like it was after Mahler at SC before OG - that was something speciall.

sap5
11-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Can one of our Russian readers translate what is on this (http://s017.radikal.ru/i444/1110/8e/2f092120d0ee.jpg) page, and perhaps also tell us what was in the rest of the interview? Was the interview already translated somewhere else on FSU?

pani
11-08-2011, 08:32 PM
WOW - Tessa is movie star! :rolleyes:

As for translation - i am not sure i could made good translation, but overall moments.

Q.: Whether the feeling of envy is familiar to you?
(after long doubt
Marina: What is envy? Its when you want something wich other person have? I just doing what i want, thats all... Did you remeber how Meryl and Charlie skated "Samson and Dalila" FD in LA? Thats was masterpice, tremendous! And they was only fours. I thought they deserve much more. And next year i made programs for them and nobody had questions about there place. Igor said me: "How you were angered by judges!"
Now i know, what is my answer. No. When i become a coach in 1982 i started working with Gordeeva-Grinkov. I could work with such an charming kids. Probably at that time all envied me. I am very lucky! Try now to get them in pair skating! Its enough for me - i could show G-G on such high level. I talked with Katias mom and she said: "Marina, only now i underatnd, you go away with them on 20 years". This is magic af beautifull movement. I hade feeling in that time i made something beautifull.
I live with this sensation. I watch there skating till now. Yes, on some moments we could work more, but some of there programs was perfect.
OG in Vancouver was the same success with Tessa and Scott. For teams, who will come after them, it will be difficult to rise to their level. V-M is phenomenon in ice dance. At the same level with G-G in pairs. Both teams could hold and fascinate audience.
I always love Igors Shpilband work in ice dance. And when we start working together i had a dream our skaters took places wich will be correspond with there skating. And we have achieved it!

Sorry - hope you could understand something from this translation :D

Bournekraatzfan
11-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Than you so much for translating this, pani. that is so kind of you. and thank you sap5 for the link.

WOW - Tessa is movie star! :rolleyes:

As for translation - i am not sure i could made good translation, but overall moments.

Q.: Whether the feeling of envy is familiar to you?
(after long doubt
Marina: What is envy? Its when you want something wich other person have? I just doing what i want, thats all... Did you remeber how Meryl and Charlie skated "Samson and Dalila" FD in LA? Thats was masterpice, tremendous! And they was only fours. I thought they deserve much more. And next year i made programs for them and nobody had questions about there place. Igor said me: "How you were angered by judges!"
Now i know, what is my answer. No. When i become a coach in 1982 i started working with Gordeeva-Grinkov. I could work with such an charming kids. Probably at that time all envied me. I am very lucky! Try now to get them in pair skating! Its enough for me - i could show G-G on such high level. I talked with Katias mom and she said: "Marina, only now i underatnd, you go away with them on 20 years". This is magic af beautifull movement. I hade feeling in that time i made something beautifull.
I live with this sensation. I watch there skating till now. Yes, on some moments we could work more, but some of there programs was perfect.
OG in Vancouver was the same success with Tessa and Scott. For teams, who will come after them, it will be difficult to rise to their level. V-M is phenomenon in ice dance. At the same level with G-G in pairs. Both teams could hold and fascinate audience.
I always love Igors Shpilband work in ice dance. And when we start working together i had a dream our skaters took places wich will be correspond with there skating. And we have achieved it!

Sorry - hope you could understand something from this translation :D