PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

Shayii
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
They skate old exbition, but tEssa in new dress. This is part of her flamenko dress from SC.

LynnRutherford twitter. What did this mean?
Scot look not good at exibition.

What does that mean. I hope he didn't do it with anger or something cuz then they'll look like a sore loser. They should just take their marks and placement and think about what they have to do to be on top.

sliver98
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
check the base value in the protocol section it was two points higher than D&W i think its the end of zueva and shpilband today it was clear.

pani
12-11-2011, 11:02 PM
In the interview with Scott Russell afterward, Tessa was still talking about the FD "being the right vehicle to take us where we want to go.." , but Scott was more open and said they didn't know what the marks mean anymore, and that they would go home, re-evaluate and possibly make changes.

I interpreted that to mean that they realized the program wasn't being received as they would like it to be, were intending to figure out why, and do something about it.

Thanks! I really wonder with all this. Look like Tessa and Scott didnt realized what feedback D-W had. But this was the same marks....
For me all look werid. First of all Wilson comments, who must did it when she saw FD firts time.
Maybe coaches had different ideas, but Tessa want skate only FF?
I never saw Scott like he look today. Maybe its good, cuz they start thinking more reall.
But honestly, 112 its VERY high marks and i dont think it must be differens it 10 points from 1 place to third. I think 2-3 points will be OK. So i dont know, why Scott feel so bad? He didnt understand all this after last year WCh?

kina
12-11-2011, 11:06 PM
:(

"It's a piss-off," Moir said. "Sorry, that's as blunt as I can be. We're not happy, we felt like we laid down a good skate and in our opinions a good enough skate to win and obviously we're missing something.

"It's tough to swallow, especially when Tessa and I have had probably our best fall to date and this is the best start of a season that we've had. It was a little easier to swallow when we weren't doing the training or Tessa was in pain, but now that everything's a go, it's a bitter pill to swallow."

"There won't be any problem with motivation for the rest of the year," Moir said. "It's bulletin board material now.

"We wanted to win our first Grand Prix Final in Canada and in Quebec City and to not accomplish that is rubbing a little bitter. As you can tell."

Earlier this week Moir called the Canadians' free dance their flagship program. Set to the whimsical music from "Funny Face," Moir is Fred Astaire complete with hair neatly parted on the side, while Virtue is Audrey Hepburn in a shimmering red dress.

"It's tough to get beat artistically when we feel we're the best artistic ice dance team in the last five years," Moir said.

"It will be exciting to get back and review the scores in detail," Virtue said. "If we need to make some major changes we will, this is the time to do it."

source (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/breakingnews/canadas-olympic-ice-dance-duo-virtue-and-moir-win-silver-at-grand-prix-final-135407983.html)

DFJ
12-11-2011, 11:12 PM
It appears that they certainly have motivation to make some changes. We will see I suppose at Nats.

I don't want to take anything away from Meryl and Charlie here though. They skated flat out and the win was theirs.

Shayii
12-11-2011, 11:12 PM
nevermind
Thanks for the link, but even just reading his quotes and not seeing his facial expression or tone, you can tell he's really pissed off. I don't know what to say they were already down 5 pts from the SD did they think they would still win despite that fact?

kina
12-11-2011, 11:18 PM
i put back the link...

Rafter
12-11-2011, 11:18 PM
I hope it's the end of Shpilband and Zoueva. Time for them to make a change and get some fresh input of creativity.

Did anyone in Canada who watched the CBC coverage see Tessa's face when they showed V&M watching D&W and Igor/Marina in the K&C after the placement came up? Igor was clapping VERY strongly with hands and Tessa did not look impressed.

Personally and I've said this before, I would LOVE to see them with Camerlengo & Krylova. I think Camerlengo is the most creative guy out there in terms of choreography. W&P and P&B have the two best SDs of the seaso and W&Ps FD is brilliant.

Can you imagine what Krylova & Camerlengo would do with V&M if they skated a super classical program to something like Rach #2 or Claire de Lune or Masquerade Waltz or Swan Lake? If V&M stay until Sochi, I hope they pull out the ballet card and skate to some Russian composer to a ballet score.

Golightly
12-11-2011, 11:21 PM
It's so funny how much more restrained Tessa is in her anger. I think they expected to win the Free Dance, Shayii, simple as that. They are competitive. I can understand his frustration, too. It hurts to get beaten artistically, as he said, when they pretty much skated a very, very strong program, both completely in character. But I'm glad they will sit down and see what changes they can make. Not to take anything away from Meryl and Charlie, as I believe they deserved to win, but after they skated I thought for sure, V-M had at least won the Free Dance. It stung. Yes, maybe we now know they're closer in points now and that it could go either way, but to see a skate like that rank second when it was almost perfect, it hurts.

DFJ
12-11-2011, 11:22 PM
I hope it's the end of Shpilband and Zoueva. Time for them to make a change and get some fresh input of creativity.

Did anyone in Canada who watched the CBC coverage see Tessa's face when they showed V&M watching D&W and Igor/Marina in the K&C after the placement came up. Igor was clapping VERY strongly with hands and Tessa did not look impressed.

Personally and I've said this before, I would LOVE to see them with Camerlengo & Krylova. I think Camerlengo is the most creative guy out there in terms of choreography. W&P and P&B have the two best SDs of the seaso and W&Ps FD is brilliant.

Can you imagine what Krylova & Camerlengo would do with V&M if they skated a super classical program to something like Rach #2 or Claire de Lune or Masquerade Waltz or Swan Lake? If V&M stay until Sochi, I hope they pull out the ballet card and skate to some Russian composer to a ballet score.

<This> squared.

apple123
12-11-2011, 11:24 PM
It's hard not to get angry. I can't beblieve D/W win the FS! They are officially the chosen one. Barring a miracle, the ISU and judges are going to ride the D/W train to Sochi. Canada Skate must do sth now!

NorthernDancers
12-11-2011, 11:24 PM
And he has every right to scratch his head and wonder about where those PCS scores were less than Davis/White. I had a look at the report card. Virtue/Moir are ahead in Skating Skills, and tied on Choreography and Interpretation. On Linking footwork and Performance they are behind? I don't think so. If the goal is to look at the performance of the music itself, and not a judge's personal preference about music, there is no way you can say that Virtue/Moir did not embody Audrey and Fred. It's like they stepped out of the movie. The performance was a highlight for me. The linking footwork between elements is simply spectacular, and very difficult. I don't get it. I can see the tie on choreography and interpretation. On the other 3 elements, I really do think the Virtue/Moir wuz robbed. There is no one in the world that can skate those elements at the level of Virtue/Moir.

I also do not understand all this sniping at Zueva/Shpilband. They are clearly fantastic coaches that are producing fantastic results. They have the top 3 in the world in their rink right now. They are creating unique programs for each team that suit each team. I can't imagine why Virtue/Moir would leave them. They brought them to Olympic Gold, for goodness sake! Virtue/Moir are very loyal people. When you look at their amazing career, they stayed many years in Waterloo with Paul MacIntosh, and the only other coaches are Zueva/Shpilband. Get over it. They are aren't leaving Canton until they go pro.

pani
12-11-2011, 11:30 PM
:eek: :( Why Scott said this? All skaters who dont like judging had low marks at next competition..... OMG - where SC were, when they talking with the press?

So now we know, Canton not a Paradise. Its Paradise only when you win. :(
I feel bad for Scott and cant understand, why nobody help him, when he talk with press.

Sonata
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I am a little surprised at the bluntness of Scott's comments, given that he was probably sitting right next to D/W during the press conference. But I am kind of glad to read them too. This means that they will take a hard look at their program, search for feedback and tinker with it.

I happen to think that Zueva is an excellent choreographer who knows how to play to her teams' strengths. She can also be versatile (e.g. Pink Floyd FD). But I'd love to see V/M try out a new choreographer, even for an exhibit number, so that they can grow. I bet a Camerlengo would be really interesting.

apple123
12-11-2011, 11:33 PM
I think V/M is not leaving Zueva/Shpilband. We all know what happened to B/A, and V/M certainly don't wanna follow their steps. But this is the first time I see V/M show the tension towards Z/S and D/W. So the after mathe won't be pretty. I understand the US federation is buddy-buddy now with Igor and Z/S has based in the US. That's why I think Skate Canada should do sth.