PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

sliver98
12-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Agree Pani D&W are the Patrick Chan of ice dance know they could win even with two falls:D

marbri
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Agree Pani D&W are the Patrick Chan of ice dance know they could win even with two falls:D

Except they aren't the ones who fell yesterday, Scott was. It's not the best competition to be :wuzrobbed V&M.

Shayii
12-11-2011, 06:47 PM
I wantch FS too long, so will talk about this afrer OG. D-W are Patrick Chan of ice dancig
In B-K and B-A situation, they was not such good, thats why they lose. But in V-M case - its not the same.
So enjoy your D-W, but why V-M need help them?

http://www.cjbk.com/podcasts.aspx
Scott interview
I don't understand you, why would you wish for them to retire. If they retire just for the sole reason that they're not winning gold, then I'm not gonna have the same respect for them like I do now. Geez Pani aren't you the one, two days ago, that said we shouldn't freak out and we should keep perspective, what changed between then and now :rolleyes:

lavenderblue
12-11-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm fascinated by the new retirement meme that presents a V/M who'd push through major physical barriers -- two surgeries and a revamping of Tessa's stroking style after 15 years of skating -- but would hang it up because everyone's being mean!!1!1!!. And even more fascinated that certain fans would consider such a measure justified rather than kind of sad.

In the news of what's actually happening rather than what's based on the intense projected agita of a few, hoping today that Tessa and Scott build on their first three FD outings, and, above all, have a performance with which they're happy. :)

bbkenn
12-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm fascinated by the new retirement meme that presents a V/M who'd push through major physical barriers -- two surgeries and a revamping of Tessa's stroking style after 15 years of skating -- but would hang it up because everyone's being mean!!1!1!!. And even more fascinated that certain fans would consider such a measure justified rather than kind of sad.

In the news of what's actually happening rather than what's based on the intense projected agita of a few, hoping today that Tessa and Scott build on their first three FD outings, and, above all, have a performance with which they're happy. :)

This^^^

VarBar
12-11-2011, 07:11 PM

Well, if it all comes down to falls vs no falls, some people might actually be thinking V/M were a bit lucky to score as high in the SD as they did at TEB where they didn't fall and some people might also be wondering how come V/M the other day finished ahead of Pechalat/Bourzat who skated cleanly.

sliver98
12-11-2011, 08:09 PM
well the FD is over i have no doubt tessa and scott will beat D&W at worlds no us judge there the program is superior technically than D&W the lifts and everything.

liv
12-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Well, the free dance was very close, virtually identical scores. So, if there hadn't been a fall in the SD, who knows what the result would be.

A score after a fall is hardly an accurate prediction of what world's will be.

Shayii
12-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Well yay they did great today. I was pretty surprised with the 112 lol I was not expecting that at all, but I don't know anything about judging so yea. Also Weaver and Poje I just adore them!

pani
12-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Now i am happy because Tessa and Scott had all levels 4 and improve there score! A little less for components, then D-W had, but its OK - its close competition! Much better work, judges, then in SD :D
Scott look unhappy, Tessa said him - smile :)

Also Weaver and Poje I just adore them!
My favorite FD!

marbri
12-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Well, if it all comes down to falls vs no falls, some people might actually be thinking V/M were a bit lucky to score as high in the SD as they did at TEB where they didn't fall and some people might also be wondering how come V/M the other day finished ahead of Pechalat/Bourzat who skated cleanly.

I'm not interested in the other parts of the post but just a word about them receiving the same score as they did at TEB where they didn't fall. In icedance you typically expect the scores to improve from competition to competition as the couples get more familiar and comfortable with the choreography. All the other teams in Quebec scored a personal best. V&M did not, even without the 1.00 deduction from the fall (which wasn't on an element) their score basically showed no improvement so I would say they definitely suffered for the fall and there was nothing lucky about their score. That they were still a few points ahead of P&B speaks more to the skating P&B did.

sliver98
12-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Relax it always takes Tessa and Scott a full season to peak remember two years ago at the gp final they were beaten have faith in them they can do this they beat D&W on tes today.

marbri
12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Now i am happy because Tessa and Scott had all levels 4 and improve there score! A little less for components, then D-W had, but its OK - its close competition! Much better work, judges, then in SD :D
Scott look unhappy, Tessa said him - smile :)

It's nice to finally have a face to face competition without the distraction of falls. But I can understand more today why Tessa and Scott might be sad. They had a 1.5 advantage in the base mark (43.00 vs 41.50) and still lost the FD by .05. D&W made it up with GOE and beat their PCS score. They tie or V&M edge out D&W in all PCS except Performance and Choreography. It's close for certain but I think those areas speak to the question mark people have about the FF FD. They need to add that little something extra to make it really POP.

The bit question is whether they can get that from Marina.

pani
12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
It's nice to finally have a face to face competition without the distraction of falls. But I can understand more today why Tessa and Scott might be sad. They had a 1.5 advantage in the base mark (43.00 vs 41.50) and still lost the FD by .05. D&W made it up with GOE and beat their PCS score. They tie or V&M edge out D&W in all PCS except Performance and Choreography. It's close for certain but I think those areas speak to the question mark people have about the FF FD. They need to add that little something extra to make it really POP.

The bit question is whether they can get that from Marina.

You know, trhey had 106 and now recive 112. D-W had 109 and now have 112. So T-S improve score and for me this is main thing. And honestly, for me component score show, judges love both FD. And for GO for elements - i think Tessa-Scott could improve this super difficult lift or change it on more easy and will have higher GOE for it. And they need to work on RoLi - it look a little hard. So they have work to do. But if this marks was not because competition was in Canada, i am happy, cuz i thought FF will recive on 2-3 pounts in component score less, then D-W FD.

Lissa
12-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Well yay they did great today. I was pretty surprised with the 112 lol I was not expecting that at all, but I don't know anything about judging so yea. Also Weaver and Poje I just adore them!

Wow they got 112? Well if they only lost by 0.5 then that means if they had NOT fallen I think V&M would have won this comp!

Which means if V&M had skated clean in the SD they would have beaten D&W in the SD & won the whole thing!:D