PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

bbkenn
12-11-2011, 12:37 AM
http://www.lfpress.com/sports/2011/12/10/19106666.html

Tessa were in red dress today at practice. I wish to see black.

Great article, great to see such a positive attitude. I say we all learn from them and be positive for them. I can't wait until tomorrow, even though they're not showing Ice Dance live on NBC, and I don't have universal sports.

Emdee
12-11-2011, 12:41 AM
At the GP final now. Last night tessa and scott had amazing expression and danced the sd with soul. DW were perfect technically but had no real latin feeling and left me cold.

sliver98
12-11-2011, 01:22 AM
They held a meeting after the sd, the first sign that Zueva and Shpilband are toast at the end of the year:D

shan
12-11-2011, 01:35 AM
They held a meeting after the sd, the first sign that Zueva and Shpilband are toast at the end of the year:D

Doesn't the article say that they always have a meeting after each performance? Or did I misread that?

kina
12-11-2011, 01:46 AM
no, they always have this meeting

It's nothing new, we always get together afterwards to re-hash our skates,” Moir said. “Especially after a skate like we had, you want to go back and find things you can improve.

DFJ
12-11-2011, 02:29 AM

One could only hope. Time to say goodbye...please.

bbkenn
12-11-2011, 03:15 AM
One could only hope. Time to say goodbye...please.

I disagree. I think if they leave Igor and Marina now, it will be like when B&A left them, and it could end their career. I think they just need to continue to go after D&W. It's hard now to be on top for 3 additional years in a row, plus you can never tell how much better other teams can be. We'll see what happens in the FD tomorrow and then at 4 Continents and Worlds.

Cherub721
12-11-2011, 03:25 AM
I disagree. I think if they leave Igor and Marina now, it will be like when B&A left them, and it could end their career.

That's what I'm afraid of. It's important to leave when you're still on top. G&P left Linichuk before K&O could beat them. D&W beating V&M last year wasn't fatal because of Tessa's injuries, but twice in a row would definitely make D&W the clear favorites for Sochi.

I'd like to see V&M win Worlds and still leave, but it's so unlikely. :(

pani
12-11-2011, 10:04 AM
V-M is too close with Marina. And did you think they understand, what is going on? Coaches said then this will be new competition today, but all know D-W marks for FD and that V-M chance was in SD.
I cant understand, why in all articles now a read "Zueva is a coach off both teams", "Zueva is choreograhfer off both teams" - what about Shpilband? :confused:

sequins
12-11-2011, 04:35 PM
I think everyone is WAY over-reacting here. The rivalry will continue all the way to Sochi in my opinion. Bottom line is that Scott and Tessa did not have the greatest skate today in a number of areas. Charlie and Meryl had a very good skate. 4CC is a whole new competition. So is Worlds. So is next season. And Olympic year. I still believe the judges will mark what is there on that day. That is the ONLY thing to do when there are 2 teams so amazing, and so close together. Were Meryl and Charlie over-marked a little? Perhaps. I expect Scott and Tessa will make up a little ground in the FD, but not 5 points unless Charlie and Meryl have a bad day. I don't think the judges are out to get anyone. They just judged what they saw today. Tessa and Scott are competitors at heart. I'm sure they will continue to improve throughout the season. They are just getting back into the swing of things after an unfortunate year. And they look so happy, healthy and relaxed like we haven't seen them in such a long time. When both teams skate really well, I think the edge will go to Tessa and Scott. It will not be about politics or last year's results. Meryl and Charlie are very wonderful. But Tessa and Scott are something very, very special. Once in a generation. But they will have to skate their best in order to get the marks.
I'm glad you said this I am reading all this negative 'shows over' stuff thinking what? It's one competition and it was a fall. I think we need to relax. Honestly if V/M only win silver or for that matter nothing until Sochi I still think it's a gift to watch them skate and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't want them to retire I want to watch them skate forever regardless of whether they finish first or last. They are and forever will be Oly and World champs period. I think we all need to stop and take a breath.

pani
12-11-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm glad you said this I am reading all this negative 'shows over' stuff thinking what? It's one competition and it was a fall. I think we need to relax. Honestly if V/M only win silver or for that matter nothing until Sochi I still think it's a gift to watch them skate and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't want them to retire I want to watch them skate forever regardless of whether they finish first or last. They are and forever will be Oly and World champs period. I think we all need to stop and take a breath.

Watch on D-W :D
Hope V-M will retier - will see how after this people realized what is ISU, SC and Zueva doing now ;) They dont need to be on last place, when they are best on head and a half. ;)
All commentators cant understand D-W marks, but today they will have 120. So no competition anymore.

bbkenn
12-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks too for this. I agree with you!

bbkenn
12-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Watch on D-W :D
Hope V-M will retier - will see how after this people realized what is ISU, SC and Zueva doing now ;) They dont need to be on last place, when they are best on head and a half. ;)
All commentators cant understand D-W marks, but today they will have 120. So no competition anymore.

Stop this Pani. Just enjoy V&M's skating. I disagree with Zueva having a conspiracy with ISU, SC and ??? This kind of talk hurt B&K before, and it could hurt V&M. Not only that, but the people in the D&W thread are mocking this kind of talk saying things like "how do they know its over for V&M and D&W will be Olympic Champions in Sochi..must be nice to know the future" kind of talk. We don't know the future. We don't even know if either D&W or V&M will be in Sochi, nor do we know what other teams will be bursting on the scene by then. We also can't predict that D&W will be World Champions for 3 years in a row making them automatic shoe-ins for Olympic Champs?? That's incredible to predict this far out. I'm tired of this kind of prognosticating and it makes us look bad. We can also continue to celebrate the fact that V&M are already Olympic and World Champions. Let's just focus on what we love about V&M without these farfetched ideas about D&W, ok? Thanks.

sequins
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Stop this Pani. Just enjoy V&M's skating. I disagree with Zueva having a conspiracy with ISU, SC and ??? This kind of talk hurt B&K before, and it could hurt V&M. Not only that, but the people in the D&W thread are mocking this kind of talk saying things like "how do they know its over for V&M and D&W will be Olympic Champions in Sochi..must be nice to know the future" kind of talk. We don't know the future. We don't even know if either D&W or V&M will be in Sochi, nor do we know what other teams will be bursting on the scene by then. We also can't predict that D&W will be World Champions for 3 years in a row making them automatic shoe-ins for Olympic Champs?? That's incredible to predict this far out. I'm tired of this kind of prognosticating and it makes us look bad. We can also continue to celebrate the fact that V&M are already Olympic and World Champions. Let's just focus on what we love about V&M without these farfetched ideas about D&W, ok? Thanks.

Great post as well. Every time something doesn't go right for V&M some people around here are always ready to throw in the towel, and when it goes right again they're the greatest fan and never had a doubt. It's been going on for years. Yet somehow:rolleyes:V&M have survived (more than survived). V&M are not Tanith and Ben (no offense). If this is gonna continue I think I'll go hang out in the Davis and White thread. Sounds like they're friendlier to V&M than we 'the fans' are being.

pani
12-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I wantch FS too long, so will talk about this afrer OG. D-W are Patrick Chan of ice dancig
In B-K and B-A situation, they was not such good, thats why they lose. But in V-M case - its not the same.
So enjoy your D-W, but why V-M need help them?

http://www.cjbk.com/podcasts.aspx
Scott interview