PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

Pratfall
11-03-2011, 07:24 PM
:)I thought Tessa's necklace was different at the practice , but I guess it was just a difference in the way the light was hitting it.

I agree her hair should stay up.

I guess the thing I'm trying to get at with Scott is in the shape of the costume. There's nothing about it that speaks of the era, or the character , or Astaire in general, so while he always looks good ,he doesn't stand out, or look particularly Astair-ish himself, or particularly match with Tessa ... in spite of the red tie. It just doesn't do much to serve the overall effect.

I'm sure they will try to co-ordinate the 2 final costumes , but I still wish it was happening moreso now.;)

pani
11-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Scott made that stuped Aster hair-cut - maybe this is enough? :)

clarie
11-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I still like the idea of a tie for the belt......that was Astaire style, but I guess it wasn't done in that movie; however it would look hawt on him :D

Pratfall
11-04-2011, 12:26 AM
:) Without any other Astaire-like detail, the haircut is just a stupid haircut ( and anti - Latin for the SD ) but if it was one part of a whole Astaire effect ..it would be way better.

zilam98
11-04-2011, 01:02 AM
i would have to agree at scott having to wear at least a vest. in his current costume, he just looks like some sophisticated waiter ;)

sap5
11-04-2011, 01:04 AM
:) Without any other Astaire-like detail, the haircut is just a stupid haircut ( and anti - Latin for the SD ) but if it was one part of a whole Astaire effect ..it would be way better.

I'm hoping the haircut was just for that TSN profile, and that Scott is planning to grow his hair back out during the season.

bbkenn
11-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Bbken its not that i don`t like D&W they are a good team i just don`t believe they are at the same level of Tessa and Scott they certainly don`t have the same musicality or understanding of the music i mean people went gaga over their tango last year and this year`s waltz as if its the second coming, Tessa and Scott mastered those two dances their first year as seniors, they also skated to one of the safest pieces of music you can skate in an olympic year phantom of the opera.

I agree with you. Totally.

bbkenn
11-04-2011, 01:18 AM
It's not really necessary to be exactly true to a character in every detail.

I would prefer Tessa with her hair down for the FD, or something a little softer.

IMO, the bun she's wearing for the FD is too stereotypical librarian, or school-marmish. :P

I love the hair up; I find the hair down too childish. I don't like the ponytail in the SD for that reason.

zilam98
11-04-2011, 02:31 AM
maybe tessa should have some bangs like audrey did ;)

maggylyn
11-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I love the hair up; I find the hair down too childish. I don't like the ponytail in the SD for that reason.

Our personal tastes really are subjective, aren't they?

I love the ponytail! :)

And I agree with sap5 - hopefully Scott is letting his hair grow again.

But I can see how if the skaters tried to do things according to all our different comments they could go crazy trying to figure out what's best for their skating programs.

Subway
11-04-2011, 05:39 PM
:)I thought Tessa's necklace was different at the practice , but I guess it was just a difference in the way the light was hitting it.

I agree her hair should stay up.

I guess the thing I'm trying to get at with Scott is in the shape of the costume. There's nothing about it that speaks of the era, or the character , or Astaire in general, so while he always looks good ,he doesn't stand out, or look particularly Astair-ish himself, or particularly match with Tessa ... in spite of the red tie. It just doesn't do much to serve the overall effect.

I'm sure they will try to co-ordinate the 2 final costumes , but I still wish it was happening moreso now.;)

I agree the shirt shape is not Astaire. He didn't often wear shirts with that tailoring. It doesn't look very period .

I approve of the haircut.

pani
11-04-2011, 06:17 PM
But I can see how if the skaters tried to do things according to all our different comments they could go crazy trying to figure out what's best for their skating programs.

O yes - i agree :D

And i think his hair-cut in SD was OK at SC :)

Carmen Ovsiannikov
11-05-2011, 02:28 AM
Bbken its not that i don`t like D&W they are a good team i just don`t believe they are at the same level of Tessa and Scott they certainly don`t have the same musicality or understanding of the music i mean people went gaga over their tango last year and this year`s waltz as if its the second coming, Tessa and Scott mastered those two dances their first year as seniors, they also skated to one of the safest pieces of music you can skate in an olympic year phantom of the opera.

I agree with you. Totally.

I agree with the both of you.

D&W are excellent technicians (they have been since they first entered the senior division) but overall V&M still have the edge. V&M also still are a tad ahead when it comes to skating skills. Or at least should be.

I wonder if the judges/commentators are afraid of losing viewers and don't want to go through the complaining again about one couple being ahead the majority of the time. D&W and V&M are being held up as a great rivalry between two equal teams but IMO they only time D&W should be in danger of knocking V&M from the top would be if V&M have off performances for whatever reason. That could change in the next couple of seasons but at the moment I find V&M as skaters to be better.

Anyway, I really like Funny Face. I found the Skate Canada performance to be more than a step up from Finlandia. I thought the red dress was better as well but would love to see what the program would be like with the black outfit some of you were talking about (I need to watch the Finlandia practice). Watching also made me curious as to how V&M would look skating to an all jazz FD.

cailuj365
11-05-2011, 02:57 AM
When Tessa had her hair in a ponytail and wore the black tank and leggings in the Finlandia practice, I instantly recognized the "a girl's gotta dance" moves after the diagonal step sequence. Classic Audrey Hepburn scene. Unfortunately, when she wears the dress and has her hair in the bun, I can't really place the scene that easily. The line of the dress masks the hip action and the twirl of the ponytail is lost. However, I don't think she should wear black leggings as her FD costume since it's only that one moment in the whole program, and such a costume is against the rules anyway.

m_chenning
11-05-2011, 03:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM-f6drGSD0&feature=player_embedded

FD Fluff ;)