PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

Rafter
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Virtue and Moir are sponsored by PwC along with 6 other Canadian athletes. There are pics of them here.

http://www.pwc.com/ca/en/corporate-responsibility/team-pwc.jhtml

pani
12-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Virtue and Moir are sponsored by PwC along with 6 other Canadian athletes. There are pics of them here.

http://www.pwc.com/ca/en/corporate-responsibility/team-pwc.jhtml

Good news! When this photos was made?

professordeb
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
http://ua.championat.com/other/_skating/2011/12/08/article-105823-smotret-sorevnovanija-po-televizoru-vymatyvaet.html
Second part interview after TEB.
Interesting quotes about lift in SD, new opening and how they start working on FD in summer.

pani, any chance you can translate those portions for those of us who only read English? When I try to translate, I end up getting really wierd stuff that often makes no sense to me.

clarie
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
:lol: Yes, those translations do come out rather weird, but entertaining. Thanks for posting Pani.:)

pani
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
- You re-worked your last year FD, wich you skated only 1 time last season at WCh in Moscow for this year SD. You are lucky Latin American rhythms ae the main theme o this year SDs.
S.M. Yes. We was given second chance.
T.V. Latina on the floor, perhaps the most fun dance. We were very happy to practice postures and movements on the floor. But we have not enough time on ice to show reall latin dance!
S.M. When we just start dancing then we need to skate forword.
T.V. Many of the most characteristic latin movements on the ice just can not be repeated because of skates - we also have to skate forward or back, so you have to use mainly the head and hands (for show latin moves). This choice of rhythm for the short dance - is a challenge for us. But we are trying to use every opportunity on maximum, while we still in rules limits.

- In this dance (SD) you changed lift after Finlandia Trophy , and after Skate Canada changed the beginning of SD. What was the reason?
T.V. Lift from last season FD look cool (great) and we thought it will look great in composition of SD. But in SD because of the required steps it still no a lot of time for this lift and we couldnt safe speed because the rules require not cross middle line of the ice (during this lift). So we need to make changes.
S.M. As for begining. We like last year FD opening, but we knew we couldnt use it again. At Skate Canada we had a few things that we - and especially Tess - didnt like. When we returned home, immediately started re-worked SD. I like new begining much more, it has more interaction (between patners).
T.V. I asked Marina (Marina Zueva, coach and choreographer) to change begining immediately after SD at Skate Canada, even when we were waiting our marks. Arriving home,we turned on music and began to dance ... so this opening, we practically made by ourselves, chosen those movements that suit to this SD more.
If you like it i will try to translate last part.

maggylyn
12-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Thank you, pani!

pingu
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
- You re-worked your last year FD, wich you skated only 1 time last season at WCh in Moscow for this year SD. You are lucky Latin American rhythms ae the main theme o this year SDs.
S.M. Yes. We was given second chance.
T.V. Latina on the floor, perhaps the most fun dance. We were very happy to practice postures and movements on the floor. But we have not enough time on ice to show reall latin dance!
S.M. When we just start dancing then we need to skate forword.
T.V. Many of the most characteristic latin movements on the ice just can not be repeated because of skates - we also have to skate forward or back, so you have to use mainly the head and hands (for show latin moves). This choice of rhythm for the short dance - is a challenge for us. But we are trying to use every opportunity on maximum, while we still in rules limits.

- In this dance (SD) you changed lift after Finlandia Trophy , and after Skate Canada changed the beginning of SD. What was the reason?
T.V. Lift from last season FD look cool (great) and we thought it will look great in composition of SD. But in SD because of the required steps it still no a lot of time for this lift and we couldnt safe speed because the rules require not cross middle line of the ice (during this lift). So we need to make changes.
S.M. As for begining. We like last year FD opening, but we knew we couldnt use it again. At Skate Canada we had a few things that we - and especially Tess - didnt like. When we returned home, immediately started re-worked SD. I like new begining much more, it has more interaction (between patners).
T.V. I asked Marina (Marina Zueva, coach and choreographer) to change begining immediately after SD at Skate Canada, even when we were waiting our marks. Arriving home,we turned on music and began to dance ... so this opening, we practically made by ourselves, chosen those movements that suit to this SD more.
If you like it i will try to translate last part.

This is actually an interview I did with them. These two russian girls had to do an interview with Tessa and Scott too, and they should have started first but they asked me to go first because they said they wanted to prepare better their questions. The questions they asked were about Tessa and Scott's book (I don't know if this is in the interview too because I don't speak russian), their relationship and things like that.
The link to my interview is here (http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/11053)

flowerpower
12-08-2011, 06:11 PM
This is actually an interview I did with them....The link to my interview is here (http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/11053)

Great interview, pingu!

clarie
12-08-2011, 06:11 PM
That was a terrific interview pingu. Thank you very much for posting it here.

pani
12-08-2011, 06:12 PM
- What about FD? How did you work on it? Music in from movie "Funny face" - did you try to made dance wich repeat the film scenario?
T.V. It was very difficult to choose music cuts for FD, because we need only 4 minutes for FD. In the end we choose on three fragments. At the first practice Scott brought iPad with video of this movie and we tried to transfer on to the ice as much as possible movements from the film. For example, in the jazz section where Audrey Hepburn came in a jazz club and dancing$ there, there was a movements we wanted to use: hands, footwork. This part was the foundation of this FD. And we understand what kind of story we want
to show in this program.

- Last year, because of the Tessas surgery, you had a very short season, and in this season you praticed in the summer and has already made a few competitions. Are you tired?
S.M. After WCh a lot off people have told us -you probably are not tired, you had just one competition. But in fact it's incredibly exhausting - just sit home and watch the competitions on TV, practice on a skating rink and in the gym only to keep your fit. And it was very hard emotionally. This season is much easier. We try to practice on maximum, doing everything we need, take the opportunity to relax. For us this season is divided into two parts, with a short break after the final Grand Prix. You're right, its really long season, cause we started to compete in September and will not finish until April, but you need to understand this and be ready.Time is going very fast - almost half of the season have already passed.
T.V. We are so happy to compete the whole season, not a part. This is good forprograms too , because we constantly hear feedback and make changes if its necessary. We need to have a plan - when we need to be on peak of competitive form. We're getting ready, listen to their bodies, is gaining momentum - it is very important.
- Final Grand Prix will take place in Canada. How important is it for you? Especially since you've never won this competition.
S.M. For us with Tessa this competition is the culmination of the first part of the season and win it - one of the goals we set for ourselves, as well as winning the world championship. The fact that the final will be held in Canada - a luxury, but if he were, for example, in Tokyo, we want to win no less.
- Can you say that to you the final Grand Prix will be the first major competition of the season?
S.M. No. We tried to skate as good as possible at any competition in which we participating. So it was at home during Skate Canada, and here in Paris.
From the fact that the GPF will be also Meryl Davis and Charlie White, who was not compete with us at these stages, our goals remain unchanged: we will continue to try to show everything we could, to be able to control what we can and we think this will help us reach the top, to win the gold. But even if we did not win, but will do everything we wanted - we will not be upset.

pani
12-08-2011, 06:24 PM
This is actually an interview I did with them. These two russian girls had to do an interview with Tessa and Scott too, and they should have started first but they asked me to go first because they said they wanted to prepare better their questions. The questions they asked were about Tessa and Scott's book (I don't know if this is in the interview too because I don't speak russian), their relationship and things like that.
The link to my interview is here (http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/11053)

This was posted in Russian press and i think had a lttle differece ;)
And the first part were about there relationship and a little part about book (and about Scotts hairs :D).

pingu
12-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Great interview, pingu!

That was a terrific interview pingu. Thank you very much for posting it here.

Thanks! I always enjoy talking with them, and I was lucky that in Paris they had enough time to do an interview. :)

sap5
12-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks! I always enjoy talking with them, and I was lucky that in Paris they had enough time to do an interview. :)

Just wanted to add my thanks as well, pingu. I really enjoyed your questions, as well as their answers. I hope that you get a chance to interview them again soon!

pani
12-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Tessa Virtue tried out new free skate dress today. Reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn's character in Funny Face, it is black with black tights.
From LynnRutherford twitter. Cant wait to see photos. But what about Scott?

lavenderblue
12-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Two photos of the new costume:

Daylife (http://www.daylife.com/photo/0a6Lc6U9Ym1G3?__site=daylife&q=Grand+Prix+of+Figure+Skating+Final+Quebec)

Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/papergirl77/status/144857043419938816/photo/1)

I'm not a fan of the dress from these angles, but we'll see in better footage (if better practice footage emerges or she wears it for the competition). I am quite ready to see Scott move on from the white shirt/black pants combination, though; it's not as though there aren't other simple options that would be more in keeping with Fred's look without requiring more layers.

And thanks, pingu! Excellent questions.