PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

PashaFan
12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
AT LAST !. Someone who agrees with me !.
THANK YOU !!!!!!!

bbkenn
12-04-2011, 05:11 PM
The competition over the past couple of years between these two reminds me so much of Klimova/Ponamerenko & Usova/Zhulin.
Klimova & Ponamerenko were very powerful yet graceful & over the top (Which I liked) but Usova & Zhulin were pure dancers like Tessa & Scott.

I agree with you that V&M are pure dancers, I don't agree that D&W are anything like Klimova & Ponamernko (not that you said that exactly, but I'm assuming that's what you mean). K&P had great edges, flow, extension and line as do V&M and D&W do not. What D&W have going for them is speed, speed and athleticism. They make lifts etc. look so difficult at their breakneck speed, that should look effortless as V&M do. V&M have speed as well, but not like D&W partly because they are dancing to the music. Every piece of choreography is to the music. K&P had this also.

alice73
12-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Going back to back with D/W should give T/S the edge, if judges are objective. It will highlight that D/W sacrifice quality of skating for the sake of speed. But this is not speed skating, it's figure skating. Their positions are sloppy at times and they don't skate close together. T/S have plenty of speed and their skating quality is exquisite. Now if the judges already have made up their mind, not much can be done about it. But if judging is fair, it's obvious T/S should win.

PashaFan
12-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I agree with you that V&M are pure dancers, I don't agree that D&W are anything like Klimova & Ponamernko (not that you said that exactly, but I'm assuming that's what you mean). K&P had great edges, flow, extension and line as do V&M and D&W do not. What D&W have going for them is speed, speed and athleticism. They make lifts etc. look so difficult at their breakneck speed, that should look effortless as V&M do. V&M have speed as well, but not like D&W partly because they are dancing to the music. Every piece of choreography is to the music. K&P had this also.

What I meant was Klimova & Ponamerenko were very over the top like Meryl & Charlie & Usova & Zhulin were more smooth like Tessa & Scott.
I was just trying to say that it took me back to the good old days of Ice Dance.
I liked both Usova/Zhulin & Klimova/Ponemerenko.
I thought Usova/Zhulin should have won the Olympic Gold in 1992, it's a pity they fell at the Worlds that year.

pani
12-04-2011, 05:49 PM

I agree with you. For me V&M remind in some of there programs young K&P - pure lines, pure edges, graceful. In young age K&P ad alot of dancing programs.
Usova/Zhulin had great quality of skating, like all ice dance teams from USSR, but for me they didnt look, like V-M.
For me comeptition between V-M and D-W remind competition between K&P and Bestemyanova-Bukin. B-B was all about speed, power, emotions (but i dont think D-W are close to B-B in emotions).

PashaFan
12-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I agree with you. For me V&M remind in some of there programs young K&P - pure lines, pure edges, graceful. In young age K&P ad alot of dancing programs.
Usova/Zhulin had great quality of skating, like all ice dance teams from USSR, but for me they didnt look, like V-M.
For me comeptition between V-M and D-W remind competition between K&P and Bestemyanova-Bukin. B-B was all about speed, power, emotions (but i dont think D-W are close to B-B in emotions).

I guess that's what does it for me.
Davis & White don't have the emotions that some of the great ice dance couples have had.
Oksana Grishuk had her critics (My fave female ice dancer) but you could not deny the passion & emotion she could show.
I always feel that with Meryl it's the same emotion no matter what the dance.
Tessa & Scotts exhibition this year shows that emotion & their short dance.
I think emotion & passion is so important in all figure skating.

pani
12-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Honestly, now emotions and passion not so important, like it was in G-P times.
Oksana was so passionate, thats why maybe she took name "Pasha".
I think Tessa have different style and maybe Scott is very passionate on ice. Maybe this is different situation in V-M team - Tessa have Evgenii passion and Scott - Pasha passion :)

Sailormoon046
12-04-2011, 08:38 PM
As long as the Shibutani`s and their shit programs finish last i will also be happy, Cappellini and Lanotte should have been here in their place.

This^and this:

AT LAST !. Someone who agrees with me !.
THANK YOU !!!!!!!

I love to read the posts and I haven't felt the need to post anything myself until now, when I just want to say that these posts are making me feel very embarrassed to be a Scott and Tessa fan:confused:confused:scream: I want them to have positive energy and good Karma and I fear this mean spirited, hateful, trash talk is bad for everyone. It shows very poor sportsmanship. Is this what we want other fans to think of us? I for one, am ashamed.

pani
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
This^and this:
I love to read the posts and I haven't felt the need to post anything myself until now, when I just want to say that these posts are making me feel very embarrassed to be a Scott and Tessa fan:confused:confused:scream: I want them to have positive energy and good Karma and I fear this mean spirited, hateful, trash talk is bad for everyone. It shows very poor sportsmanship. Is this what we want other fans to think of us? I for one, am ashamed.

All could have there favorites. But like i said before, i wish we wll send positive energy to Tessa and Scott an for all other skaters ;) The most i wish all stay healthy and skate clean.
But why people coudnt talk about skating and skaters - who they love or dont love?
And i cant understand, why all feel free down Tessa and Scott all time on FSU, but when someone dont like another team - o, its so bad.

And i want to say to D-W ubers. Why didnt you read this tread? I mean - nobody post nothing in D-W tread and you could read only positive posts.
And why didn you forget, how you all time dowm V-M since 2009 WCh and all time talking they must lose to D-W?

sliver98
12-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Let`s hope the judges are objective this week end i expect two great performances from Tessa and Scott they always seem to be at their best at home, The judging was not objective for Davis and White at COR i fear they will be overscored again, Tessa and Scott really want this title and i feel they will be very dissappointed if they lose it.

marbri
12-05-2011, 12:56 AM
sliver98

I'm convinced now that you aren't real and are just trying to stir things up for your own amusement. I doubt you are even a fan of V&M.

bbkenn
12-05-2011, 08:19 AM
This^and this:

:confused::confused:

bbkenn
12-05-2011, 08:20 AM
At the GPF I am going to send out good karma to Tessa & Scott - bad karma to .... no no no I wouldnt do the latter.

:lol:

bbkenn
12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Honestly, now emotions and passion not so important, like it was in G-P times.
Oksana was so passionate, thats why maybe she took name "Pasha".
I think Tessa have different style and maybe Scott is very passionate on ice. Maybe this is different situation in V-M team - Tessa have Evgenii passion and Scott - Pasha passion :)

I think Tessa and Scott can be quite passionate on ice..they're so good at it, I wish they could experience it in real life :D with each other. Just sayin...

PashaFan
12-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Sophie Moniotte was very classy almost too lady-like to be passionate but she still could be.
Tessa is very passionate in a very understated way.
Really looking forward to the grand prix final.
I live in Europe so have to rely on Eurosport, so I hope they show all the couples in the Short & Free (Not holding my breath).
This is the first time in three years they have shown the Grand Prix Series on Eurosport so it's been a real treat to watch.
I love watching how the programmes change through the season.