PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

bbkenn
12-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I just rewatched last year's FD and although they skated it very well, they are better this year. They are faster, crisper and happier. As for the audience, last year's FD got a huge reception in Russia. Wow.

bbkenn
12-03-2011, 08:13 PM
I also think Tessa skates with so much more freedom this year. I think the worst is behind them, and as she continues to skate with that confidence, it will only improve their overall look to the judges. I think the quality of dancing in FF is amazing. I can't wait until next weekend to see it again.

bbkenn
12-03-2011, 08:19 PM
They will win unless the judges overscore D&W on PCS again, i just rewatched their cup of russia fd i didn`t know they were this horrible unpolished lines, no unison, Charlie`s awful posture its a mystery why they are scored so close to Tessa and Scott.

Maybe they saw things differently from you. The angles can be different. One thing they do have is lots of speed, their twizzles are really the best, and they also have the confidence of never having had an injury, so they project that, and the confidence of having finally defeated V&M at Worlds and are now skating as World Champions. I do feel that one thing the injury to Tessa did subseqent to the Olympics, is that V&M being the reigning Olympic Champions has not really meant all that much in these past 2 years. The good thing about that is that this could mean everyone, even OC's, are judged on the dance at the time it is being danced which one would hope is the answer; or that other than in Canada, people have forgotten they're OC's, I don't know.

pani
12-03-2011, 08:37 PM
At the GPF I am going to send out good karma to Tessa & Scott - bad karma to .... no no no I wouldnt do the latter.

:D

As for the audience, last year's FD got a huge reception in Russia. Wow.
Thats why i thought T-S will come to CoR this year :)

sliver98
12-03-2011, 08:37 PM
they have alot of speed because they do more open dance holds, no one skates as closely as Tessa and Scott, their lifts with the exception of the second split lift they do are very weak, all of Tessa and Scott are new and Scott does the first one on one foot.

alice73
12-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm new here. I've been T/S fan since 2007 and a figure skating fan basically my whole life. My wish for Tessa & Scott @the GPF is to keep in mind they're on home ice, and hopefully this will remind them of the Olympics and tremendous crowd support and provide inspiration for them. I feel they always skate with more freedom @home. If they could do that and bring their usual beauty to the ice, they will get higher scores and beat D/W.

Shayii
12-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi Alice73! It would be nice if they won, but I don't know it looks like their FD is missing some wow factor that D/W's FD has (for many people anyways). And if they win I hope it's because they have an absolutely amazing performance and not because the competition is in Canada, as many seem to think that's the only reason they'll win, which makes me sad.

bbkenn
12-04-2011, 06:27 AM
they have alot of speed because they do more open dance holds, no one skates as closely as Tessa and Scott, their lifts with the exception of the second split lift they do are very weak, all of Tessa and Scott are new and Scott does the first one on one foot.

I find that some of V&M's lifts are very similar as are D&W's, but I prefer V&M's as I find them more difficult.

flowerpower
12-04-2011, 08:18 AM
if they win I hope it's because they have an absolutely amazing performance and not because the competition is in Canada, as many seem to think that's the only reason they'll win, which makes me sad.

Who thinks that, exactly? D/W fans? The rhetoric and "fan wars" will get ugly between now and Sochi. I've expected that for a while.

Try not to let it trouble you, and enjoy the skating.

As to twizzles, if we must have twizzles as mandatory elements, I like to see them done in time with the music, and both partners twizzling at the same speed.

pani
12-04-2011, 10:17 AM
As to twizzles, if we must have twizzles as mandatory elements, I like to see them done in time with the music, and both partners twizzling at the same speed.

I think in ideal it will be great if twizzles will be part of dance, but not simply difficult element.
I like twizzles in T-S last year SD - it was like waltzing music, like part of this dance.
But D-W twizzles its something special, when they both did it clean. ;)

Hi Alice73! It would be nice if they won, but I don't know it looks like their FD is missing some wow factor that D/W's FD has (for many people anyways). And if they win I hope it's because they have an absolutely amazing performance and not because the competition is in Canada, as many seem to think that's the only reason they'll win, which makes me sad

It will be interesting to see, how crowd will support both Fds. Because i think D-W FD had much support in Russia, then in USA. Like i said before, D-W FD music was most popular in USSR.
And i will be happy, if V-M will win GPF and will be sad, if they will lose, cause i am fan ;) V-M alwayse won when they was on two heads better, then other. I dont remeber they was giving any title.
And i think D-W dont need to worry - there marks show they are on top ;)

alice73
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
IMO, the crowd will be behind them, the event being in Canada. I don't mean to say that will be the only reason they'll win. But it should give them the extra boost/inspiration.

bbkenn
12-04-2011, 03:48 PM
IMO, the crowd will be behind them, the event being in Canada. I don't mean to say that will be the only reason they'll win. But it should give them the extra boost/inspiration.

I think they'll be inspired to dance in front of their own home crowd, as they were at the Olympics. I'll never forget how wonderful they were there.

pani
12-04-2011, 03:53 PM
I think they'll be inspired to dance in front of their own home crowd, as they were at the Olympics. I'll never forget how wonderful they were there.

Did you remember crowd clapping even during CD at OG :D
Could you imaging they will start singing "O Love your funny face...." :lol:

PashaFan
12-04-2011, 04:19 PM
If D/W & V/M both skate clean & it is judged correctly then Tessa & Scott should win.
But I like many think the judges favour Meryl & Charlie too much.
But being in Canada may even it out a little.
I'm looking forward to see what (If any) changes have been made to any of the routines.
As a Natalie & Fabian fan I know that it's between the US & Canadian couples so I'll support the couple I enjoy more (Tessa & Scott) in terms of the win.
The competition over the past couple of years between these two reminds me so much of Klimova/Ponamerenko & Usova/Zhulin.
Klimova & Ponamerenko were very powerful yet graceful & over the top (Which I liked) but Usova & Zhulin were pure dancers like Tessa & Scott.
But I would like to see both Natalie & Fabian & Weaver & Poje get the credit they deserve for their routines as I don't think they have been as far behind the top two in the Grand Prix events as the scores have shown.

sliver98
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
As long as the Shibutani`s and their shit programs finish last i will also be happy, Cappellini and Lanotte should have been here in their place.