PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

marbri
11-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Actually in an interview they said Marina brought Funny Face back to the table this season. It struck me at the time because I had been defending til then the fact that Tessa really wanted to do this so it surprised me when I heard that.

Of course if Marina is always right it may work out for them :lol: :D

2006 Malaguena was the answer to what program they skated that they hated the most.

pani
11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Maybe pani, they see that D&W should not have done what Charlie wanted in 2010, to dance to POTO, and not to dance in a tuxedo, when Marina wanted them to dance to Die Fledermaus with Charlie in a tux?

Maybe they are saying this at TEB when they said that Marina was right: after all, it was Tessa who said they must use Funny Face at first, not Marina.

They said Marina brought "Funny face" again this year. ;) And they alwayse skate what she want
This FD could be masterpice, but not with Marinas view of this two. She see only how they look at each other- nothing more (sorry).
And do you really think D-W could win OG with another FD, not POTO?

2006 Malaguena was the answer to what program they skated that they hated the most.
It was there most difficult FD (i mean transitions), so i am not wonder, they hate it :lol:

And interesting, when did Tessa brought FF music? Before 2006-2007 season, or before 2007-2008 season?

DORISPULASKI
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I have no idea what would happen if D&W had skated a different FD at the Olympics. My guess is that V&M would still have won. But POTO is not my favorite FD of theirs. Another FD might have been a better choice.

pani
11-28-2011, 03:25 PM
I have no idea what would happen if D&W had skated a different FD at the Olympics. My guess is that V&M would still have won. But POTO is not my favorite FD of theirs. Another FD might have been a better choice.

I remeber before 2009-2010 season Marina said: "At firt only Charlie and I love POTO idea" ;)
And with tango D-W will be out of the podium at 2010 OG. So what is good, what is bad - we dont know. Audience at competitions adore POTO :D

NorthernDancers
11-28-2011, 03:52 PM

My absolute favourite programs for D/W:
- OD: Bollywood. Absolutely brilliant. One of the all time greats.
- FD: Samson and Delilah. Amazing.

In my opinion, D/W spin better than V/M. They are evenly matched on many other elements. Where V/M win is on the details: connection with each other, edges and line, control of the skating. What they are doing with Funny Face is superb. The fact that people think FF is easier and somehow lighter is a testament to the quality of what they are doing. It just looks easy. I think FF is further advanced than D/W's FD, but this is expected given the late change-up by D/W. It's going to be a great GPF and 4CC and Worlds!

maharbabackward
11-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Maybe maharbackward meant the SD (referring to the Waltz vs the more subtle dance V/M did).

Yup. V/M I think definitely had more mileage in the SD and hence won that portion.

PashaFan
11-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Tessa is a true lady & everything she does has class. That's why I think FF does work.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Meryl/Charlie hater but this is ice DANCE & I think that sometimes they should hold back on the speed & spectacular lifts just to stay with the music more. Sometimes watching them is a blur.
Tessa & Scott never do that. They hold their lines & edges even when going at such fast speed.
Tarasova gave Klimova & Ponamerenko challenging routines that showed their talent & class. Yes she was over the top with her skaters.
There was an arrogance to her routines. Yagudin & Grishuk & Platov had that.
I don't think Marina let's Tessa & Scott, fly instead it's more controlled.
But between now & Sochi they should be pushing the envelope more.
Sometimes it will work sometimes it won't, but they will find what kind of champions they are by doing it.
I truly believe that Tessa & Scott can do more routines which will be talked about in years to come as classics (Like their 2010 FD) but maybe Marina is not the coach that can help them do it.

skatingfan04
11-28-2011, 08:14 PM

In my opinion, D/W spin better than V/M. They are evenly matched on many other elements. Where V/M win is on the details: connection with each other, edges and line, control of the skating. What they are doing with Funny Face is superb. The fact that people think FF is easier and somehow lighter is a testament to the quality of what they are doing. It just looks easy. I think FF is further advanced than D/W's FD, but this is expected given the late change-up by D/W. It's going to be a great GPF and 4CC and Worlds!

Amen!!! ITA with all of this. I will say that I love D/W's FD this season as well.

DORISPULASKI
11-28-2011, 08:39 PM
My favorite V&M dances are
Pink Floyd FD
Flamenco SD
Funny Face FD

in that order. I like FF in spite of the fact that I really don't like the music very much, but they do such a nice job with the characters, that I can't help liking it.

pani
11-28-2011, 08:39 PM

Thanks for posting in this tread!
Will you be at GPF?

NorthernDancers
11-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for posting in this tread!
Will you be at GPF?

I so wish I could go!!! Unfortunately, I will be watching the streaming from my computer....

Sonata
11-29-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm a little perplexed by how generous the judges are with D/W's marks this year (wondering if they want to spread the wealth and give them the Olympics). But then we haven't seen them skate back to back against a healthy V/M yet. When V/M have had full seasons, they've always managed to peak at the right time. How many times have I read in the past few years that they do not have the right programs or that they will be surpassed by D/W (e.g. 2010 flamenco OD, 2008 Umbrellas of Cherbourg?) Then at the end of the season, they perform a program that truly captures the imagination. Even last year's SD, which I found really boring at the beginning of the season, was a true gem by the time they performed it at worlds. IMO, V/M have the goods to be legends in the sport and I'm always looking forward to watching them. They also seem to be favourites among commentators around the world (minus Judy Blumberg).

literaryfreak
11-29-2011, 04:40 AM
I'm confused, what is the beef with Judy Blumberg?

Macassar88
11-29-2011, 06:37 AM
I'm confused, what is the beef with Judy Blumberg?

She's more of a DW Uber than most of the DW Ubers in this forum.

professordeb
11-29-2011, 04:28 PM
She's more of a DW Uber than most of the DW Ubers in this forum.

I can't help myself, I'm :rofl: at this comment.