PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

Carmen Ovsiannikov
11-27-2011, 09:45 PM
I guess "better package" goes back to the subjective side of icedance. OTOH, I still don't think POTO was the phenominal program that people were saying it was. For me the two D&W programs that stand out were the original version of "Eleanor Rigby" and Samson & Delilah. While the speed and excitement factor are present for D&W I don't think any of their recent programs compare artistically to the the other two.

I feel that V&M's "package" this year is just as good as D&W's but again different strokes for different folks.

martyross
11-27-2011, 09:49 PM
There is one thing Marina, Igor, the USFA or the judging panel cannot change or ignore-Tessa & Scott are more talented than Meryl & Scott (Charlie) !.

yep. Meryl and Charlie are excellent, Tessa and Scott, genius :cool:

pani
11-27-2011, 09:51 PM
I think the most important thing is what Rafter said about M-C skating

They can do the tricks but they're not skating particularly close together, there's no line or matching leg unison, not very good posture, etc. I also see Meryl doing tons of little hops and jumps trying to reach for Charlie instead of doing long, flowing edges. And to me Charlie looks and skates like a freeskater, not an ice dance
I notice too how many jumps on edges Meryl did to be near to Charlie. But i am sure she will skaye much better at WCh, but why now she gets 10th for this? OK, OK - i stop this before GPF.

walei
11-27-2011, 11:25 PM
What do you mean by this? The judges have always been very positive with V&M, I can't figure out what has changed really...:confused:

D/W with mistakes are getting better PCS than V/M even when they are competing head to head (2011 4CC SD and Worlds). Yes V/M are getting great scores but the judges are telling the world that D/W are better skaters which I disagree with. At least not consistently better than V/M.

chantilly
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
I guess "better package" goes back to the subjective side of icedance. OTOH, I still don't think POTO was the phenominal program that people were saying it was. For me the two D&W programs that stand out were the original version of "Eleanor Rigby" and Samson & Delilah. While the speed and excitement factor are present for D&W I don't think any of their recent programs compare artistically to the the other two.

I feel that V&M's "package" this year is just as good as D&W's but again different strokes for different folks.

Trust me no one is more surprised than I am that I said this or feel this. I am certainly willing to change my mind. It's just I think d and w have a more exciting and dynamic package. And I think it is easier for the judges to get behind. V and m have improved with each outing though. I am not in love with their costumes or music or placement of the elements in the SD. But they are so much cleaner and sharper then d and w.

As for the FD I do think D and W have the more dynamic music and program. is it more difficult? I don't think so. But the battle between the two has always been one team favouring speed and dynamics over line and precision. I also think v and m are better actors. But I can't help it I so far have liked d and w's package better. But I have often needed to warm up to v and m programs for various reasons. I am sure this will not be different. I just hope they do something wildly different next year.

iggie
11-28-2011, 01:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrangeTeamInterviews#p/u/0/YrSPrLNs5-k

tessa and scott answering a few questions.

nuge
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=Carmen Ovsiannikov;3385066]I always use the example of K&M's "Fire on Ice" FD from the 02/03 season.

Who are K/M ?:o

PashaFan
11-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Man Scott really gets around! :P

Ooops !.
One too many drinks last night !

pani
11-28-2011, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrangeTeamInterviews#p/u/0/YrSPrLNs5-k

tessa and scott answering a few questions.

:D Good job, girls!
I like what they said about Marina^ "You think you know, but you sisnt know nothing" :lol: And about did they lie about they are ill, when didnt want to go onto practice.
Marina is a monster :lol:
I like they look so relaxed and happy :)

PashaFan
11-28-2011, 11:03 AM
I too feel that the judges are leaning towards Meryl & Charlie & that they will win the GPF but with the Worlds being in Nice their FD may give Tessa & Scott the edge.
I've watched all the Grand Prix events this year & am let down by how little the judges have moved the couples around from the short dance to the free dance.
The good thing is that Tessa & Scott can do so much more to improve their FD while I think Meryl & Charlie may have hit their peak.
Also I would love to see Tessa & Scott change coaches & get different ideas from others such as Tarasova.
For me Meryl & Charlie need Marina & Igor, Tessa & Scott DON'T.

DORISPULASKI
11-28-2011, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Carmen Ovsiannikov;3385066]I always use the example of K&M's "Fire on Ice" FD from the 02/03 season.

Who are K/M ?:o

Kulikova & Markov?

They were the only K&M at Skate Canada in the 2002/2003 season.

http://www.icecalc.org/events/sc2002/results/CAT004EN.HTM

They were 3rd in the FD, behind G&G and D&L, and 3rd overall.

I have not been able to find the FD in question.

They also performed it at 2002 Trophee Lalique, and I presume at Russian Nationals?

pani
11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Also I would love to see Tessa & Scott change coaches & get different ideas from others such as Tarasova.
For me Meryl & Charlie need Marina & Igor, Tessa & Scott DON'T.

Look this interview from TEB - they never did this. And Marina never will give any of her team to have outside choreo - never. She is very strong woman, like TAT was.
Ist bad TAT not on top now - she could be good choice for Tessa and Scott.
But i have some thoughts now.
First of all i undertsnad some criticism about FF FD. I mean when we found this music, i thought - o, how they show this book-store girl become beautifull fashion model, but still have "funny face"? They didnt show this - from first steps we see beautifull, happy Audrey. So why they talk they show movie story?
Then this jazz piece. They only reason to made FD on music from THIS Audry movie i see in this part, because Audrey had better movies and Fred show his best dancing with Ginger. But in this FD this part is too small, they didnt have time to show this chatacter. And then - "So wonderfull". This FD need to have more strong final part i think.
But even if they will try, she will say - you dont know nothing and they need to enjoy watching her "masterpice" from D-W.
After this interview i feel, like Marina didnt give them change to made program, like they want it will be. She know better. Maybe thats why we have so long love part of this FD?
But again. If V-M will find another coach, first of all Zueva will made all to show they was wrong and all they lose even C-B :D (like TAT did in her colden era).
Then i have feeling, if they stop working with her, she will find her spark again, which she had from 2007 to 2010. Honestly, all what she is doing after OG didnt look for me so good, like her "Sanson and Dylila", "Indian dance", "Faruucas", "Mahler" and especially "Pink Floyd". So she will made somethis such good like this programs was for D-W and V-M will be not in good position.

DORISPULASKI
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
pani, from the TEB interview from Orange interviews, Tessa & Scott were asked what they hated most about their coach. They identified said coach as Marina (rather than Igor) and both said that what they hated about her most was that she was always right.

Why would they leave a coach that they think is always right?

Another story they told was in 2006, they could not decide what they wanted to dance to. Igor told them, that's it, whether they liked it or not they were going to skate to Malaguena. And then they said they didn't connect to it, hated it, hating skating to it, And then Scott said, "What happened?" with some disgust, "We won."

pani
11-28-2011, 12:59 PM
pani, from the TEB interview from Orange interviews, Tessa & Scott were asked what they hated most about their coach. They identified said coach as Marina (rather than Igor) and both said that what they hated about her most was that she was always right.

Why would they leave a coach that they think is always right?

Another story they told was in 2006, they could not decide what they wanted to dance to. Igor told them, that's it, whether they liked it or not they were going to skate to Malaguena. And then they said they didn't connect to it, hated it, hating skating to it, And then Scott said, "What happened?" with some disgust, "We won."

Thats why i said they will never leave her. :)
For me was more funny when Scott said - she is going mad, when said "You think you know, but you dont". His face expression was :lol:
So they think she was right, when she was second at WCh& Or maybe they think she is right,m when they had so much lowe score in FD, then D-W?
I mean they are not childrens anymore - maybe they start thinking a little? ;)

DORISPULASKI
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Maybe pani, they see that D&W should not have done what Charlie wanted in 2010, to dance to POTO, and not to dance in a tuxedo, when Marina wanted them to dance to Die Fledermaus with Charlie in a tux?

Maybe they are saying this at TEB when they said that Marina was right: after all, it was Tessa who said they must use Funny Face at first, not Marina.