PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

professordeb
11-26-2011, 11:31 PM
My god you are a nuisance. And I think everyone and their dog know how you feel about Chan. Sod off:rolleyes:

And a plea to pani and silver98, stay out of the D&W thread so people like aftershocks don't feel the need to come in here and vomit all over the page :D

:D:D:D:D :rofl:

What I find almost funny and ironic? That aftershocks doesn't like posters knocking down D/W in their topic so performs the same thing here. Seems kinda ... childish?:P

sliver98
11-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Evgeny Platov he did wonders for the limited kerr`s and he does not have another big team now plus i sense he has a bit of unfinished business with people being critical of his two gold medals, if he can take V&M to a second olympic gold he would feel more at piece oh and he adores tessa and scott.

marbri
11-26-2011, 11:50 PM
It's certainly is a unique situation. There is always talk on the boards whenever one team in Canton passes another. More often then not it's been within the US ice dance ranks. B&A overtook L&T, D&W overtook B&A, even last year when Shibs won bronze some started wondering if D&W were in danger.. I remember the chatter and a comment from someone who knew B&A that many were whispering in their ear it was time to leave Canton and it was a very difficult painful decision for them to make.

And now it's starting with V&M and I imagine it will be just as painful and difficult for them to make. I doubt the thought has ever entered their minds at this point of their careers and I think they are too close to Marina and Igor to even contemplate it. I personally wouldn't be putting any of my money on it happening.

eta...Having said all that I would be most interested to see what Platov would give them and even Christopher Dean. I more often then not find Dean's choreography a bit self-indulgent but if any of the current crop can pull it off I think it's V&M. They come closest to how T&D skated in their time so I think they would perform it with a bit of the lightness and ease Chris and Jane would. Note: I am NOT saying V&M are as good as T&D (just throwing that out there to avoid any pointless replies stating so ;) )

aftershocks
11-26-2011, 11:50 PM
But irony and humor abound in fs and on FSU, professordeb. Must correct you tho' cause it's not that "I don't like posters knocking down D/W in their topic." I was just unaware of the extremes of the V/M - D/W uber fandom emotions and vitriol here on FSU. Quite definitely childish activity goes on quite often here, especially apparently in these D/W vs V/M threads. Don't mind me, as if you ever do anyway.

At this point, I think I will be equally a fan of both V/M and D/W and root they remain with Z/S and continue to push the bar and share gold medals back and forth through Sochi, where by the SkateGods, it should be D/W turn to win gold, eh? :D

DORISPULASKI
11-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Isn't Tessa going to college in Ontario & studying psychology? If so, I doubt she'd want to move, any more than that those UMich students D&W would want to move out of Michigan. So Platov is probably out.

Moving didn't turn out all that well for B&A, although they did learn skills that improved their overall skating, Linichuk is not the COP ace that S&Z are.

marbri
11-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I never wanted B&A to move to Linichuk, remembering whining back then it would be the death of them. Linichuk's time has long passed.

professordeb
11-27-2011, 12:06 AM
But irony and humor abound in fs and on FSU, professordeb. Must correct you tho' cause it's not that "I don't like posters knocking down D/W in their topic." I was just unaware of the extremes of the V/M - D/W uber fandom emotions and vitriol here on FSU. Quite definitely childish activity goes on quite often here, especially apparently in these D/W vs V/M threads. Don't mind me, as if you ever do anyway.

At this point, I think I will be equally a fan of both V/M and D/W and root they remain with Z/S and continue to push the bar and share gold medals back and forth through Sochi, where by the SkateGods, it should be D/W turn to win gold, eh? :D
To your 1st paragraph - sorry you didn't know about the extremes here on FSU and I stand corrected. As for minding you, no worries :lol:

To your second paragraph I say I could live with that except for one little change - that it be V/M that are crowned OGM in 2014.:D

OlieRow
11-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Isn't Tessa going to college in Ontario & studying psychology? If so, I doubt she'd want to move, any more than that those UMich students D&W would want to move out of Michigan. So Platov is probably out.

Moving didn't turn out all that well for B&A, although they did learn skills that improved their overall skating, Linichuk is not the COP ace that S&Z are.

I've missed most of this thread so sorry if it's already been mentioned, but with Tessa's physio also right over the border, I don't see them moving very far. At least not if they continue to train at the elite level required by competitive skating.

sliver98
11-27-2011, 12:34 AM
V&M already had amazing basics even before they joined Zoueva, i do wonder though if the judges are now going for D&W because of Tessa`s leg problems and the perception that their technical difficulty is not as high.

walei
11-27-2011, 12:41 AM
A clean D/W "can be" better than a clean V/M and vice versa depending on their performance competition to competition. The discouraging part from all this is that a lot of the fans and media are saying how wonderful these two teams are pushing each other and competition will be fierce for Ice Dance all the way to Sochi because they are so close in skills are frankly just kidding themselves.

The judges have made it clear that no one is pushing jack.

aftershocks
11-27-2011, 02:24 AM
To your 1st paragraph - sorry you didn't know about the extremes here on FSU and I stand corrected. As for minding you, no worries :lol:

To your second paragraph I say I could live with that except for one little change - that it be V/M that are crowned OGM in 2014.:D

Re extremes of D/W vs V/M vitriol, I stand enlightened. In regard to "minding me," yes, I was sure you had no worries about that, professordeb.

And I'll bet your preference is for Patrick Chan to win OGM in the men's event in Sochi! You may get your wish, but since V/M already have their OGM, I wonder if their hunger for another Olympic gold will remain the same from now until Sochi. It will be interesting to see how the Z/S balancing act will continue to fare.

hyq
11-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Evgeny Platov he did wonders for the limited kerr`s and he does not have another big team now plus i sense he has a bit of unfinished business with people being critical of his two gold medals, if he can take V&M to a second olympic gold he would feel more at piece oh and he adores tessa and scott.

I think Platov may be a good choise,and he also like them;

Cherub721
11-27-2011, 02:42 AM
This is random but does anyone have a specific list of the songs from the Umbrellas of Cherbourg soundtrack that V&M used in 2008? Merci. :)

lavenderblue
11-27-2011, 02:50 AM
This is random but does anyone have a specific list of the songs from the Umbrellas of Cherbourg soundtrack that V&M used in 2008? Merci. :)

I think they used "Final" and "La Gare (Guy S'en Va)", but there may be another cut I'm missing (had to go by the soundtrack itself to guess). Those seem to be the two most prominent, though.

hyq
11-27-2011, 03:03 AM
I think judges like d/w's fd more than v/m's ,so v/m should do some changes in their program if they don't want to change a new one.However,in the interview last week, Marina Zueva said mostly their work had been completed. I really can't understand.

This season is really important and hard for Tessa and Scott ,because I think if they lose this season,it will be much more difficult or even say it's almost impossible to beat Meryl and Charlie in the next two seasons and in the Sochi.