PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

DORISPULASKI
11-26-2011, 08:28 PM
I'll bet you all a cookie that V&M win the GPF.

I truly do not believe that scores can be compared across competitions, not unless there is something like a 10 point difference between teams. When it's a one or two point difference, it's really not a significant difference.

Pierre
11-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Since the GPF is in Canada, yes, I think V/M will win. My money is on D/W for Worlds though.

pani
11-26-2011, 08:31 PM
The FD set to the score from a classic Italian film?

As far as the actual subjects of this thread are concerned, removing scores from the equation (scores which have been distributed across different events, with V/M possibly having stronger competition at said events than D/W, for what it's worth [and with V/M's program likely having more growth potential]) -- I am curious as to the massive evidence we have that European judges detest Funny Face. I mostly find it interesting because the same posters who have cited how unappealing it is to an international judging panel have also expressed their own distaste for the music. It's quite an intriguing coincidence. ;)

I am talking about CPS - it show judges love D-W fd and in the same time, V- score in Paris was lower, then in Canada - i think this show, what judges thinking about programs, no?
As for PF - only hope for V-M it will be in Canada. But after this 110 points and unfair judging - i am not sure.

sliver98
11-26-2011, 08:32 PM
you can`t deny that judges like D&W fd more with all the 10`s in PCS they are getting 15 in total over two events with just 3 for virtue and Moir. I don`t know what bag of tricks tessa and scott have they better come up with something quickly over the next two weeks if they hope to win.

pani
11-26-2011, 08:42 PM
How do you think, will V-M ever use something well-known music for FD?
Last was UoS.
And i am wonder, why this so classic team had only two FDs n classical music.

pani
11-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Interview on oficcial ISU facebook page from Paris.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150376444831651
They loook so happy, when they talk about Paris and Funny Face

Shayii
11-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Interview on oficcial ISU facebook page from Paris.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150376444831651
They loook so happy, when they talk about Paris and Funny Face
They are too cute!! And they're apparently oblivious (thank God) to people (myself included) freaking out over their programs and scores. I'm getting to a point that even if they do lose I wouldn't be overly disappointed as long as they're not overly disappointed.

pani
11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
They are too cute!! And they're apparently oblivious (thank God) to people (myself included) freaking out over their programs and scores. I'm getting to a point that even if they do lose I wouldn't be overly disappointed as long as they're not overly disappointed.

IN all interviews they talking about how they wish there titke back and wish won every competition ;)
But we couldnt change nothing, when they could.

DFJ
11-26-2011, 10:09 PM
IN all interviews they talking about how they wish there titke back and wish won every competition ;)
But we couldnt change nothing, when they could.

Perhaps I'm just being cynical, but I think if they want to win against D/W it's time to leave Z/S. Please.

pani
11-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Perhaps I'm just being cynical, but I think if they want to win against D/W it's time to leave Z/S. Please.

Now? They need to do this before this season. But we didnt know, what is going on with Tessas health in reality. At WCh i thought she is OK, but after SC we all read article, where she said she felt pain again after WCh. So this could be a key, why they never leave Z-Sh.

DFJ
11-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Now? They need to do this before this season. But we didnt know, what is going on with Tessas health in reality. At WCh i thought she is OK, but after SC we all read article, where she said she felt pain again after WCh. So this could be a key, why they never leave Z-Sh.

No, not now. If they're still with S/Z next year...well, I don't know. :confused:

clarie
11-26-2011, 10:25 PM
V&M are still the most talented team out there right now........judging aside. They have the speed, the connection, the lines (matching legs and extension), and the edges, and tricks.....Tessa has beautiful arms (movement).......I guess the judging doesn't take any of that into consideration these days, or so it seems to me. I'm still a fan and believe they are the best even if they do not win.

martyross
11-26-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm getting to a point that even if they do lose I wouldn't be overly disappointed as long as they're not overly disappointed.

:)

sure. that's the bitter-sweet pleasure of being fans.

zotza
11-26-2011, 10:40 PM
V&M are still the most talented team out there right now........judging aside. They have the speed, the connection, the lines (matching legs and extension), and the edges, and tricks.....Tessa has beautiful arms (movement).......I guess the judging doesn't take any of that into consideration these days, or so it seems to me. I'm still a fan and believe they are the best even if they do not win.

I don't think the judges know what they're looking for these days...

I can understand that they have a nice situation going on in Canton,friendly atmosphere,but they should open their horizons a little bit.In my country we say that "there are a lot of orange trees that produce oranges",not just one.

Cherub721
11-26-2011, 11:29 PM
No, not now. If they're still with S/Z next year...well, I don't know. :confused:

I do think we're coming to a point where a change is necessary. As I see it, they were able to work alongside D&W in the past because their goals were similar but not exactly the same.

Going into 2010 V&M were 2x World medalists and dreamed about winning a gold at home. D&W also wanted Olympic gold, I'm sure, but their highest Worlds finish was a 4th, so they would've been happy with any podium spot whereas less than gold would've been a disappointment to V&M, IMO.

OTOH, in 2010-11, D&W won every competition going into Worlds, and they really really wanted that title. V&M were injured all season, so they would have been reasonably happy with a silver, and that's what happened.

At this point both teams will want to win every event up to and including Sochi, so there's a conflict. I know they are friends but this is their career. V&M aren't going to stick around for four years just to play second fiddle to D&W. I'm sure D&W would leave if they felt hard-done-by; Meryl especially seems to have a drive to be the best, seems very educated and analytical, and probably thinks that S&Z provide them a service and would not hesitate to leave if she felt the service is subpar (as well she should).

So the questions are:
Does it look bad to be the first to leave, like they're conceding something? (I think not, as it didn't hurt G&P to leave Linichuk when K&O started moving up.).

Where would they go? That's the biggest problem. There are WAY better choreographers than S&Z, for sure, but who else is as CoP savvy and as in-politik right now? I know everyone ships Krylova & Camerlango right now but I've yet to see an FD that I like from them. Christopher Dean would be a great choregrapher for them. He's a name, he can do voidy, but he knows better than to do anything too edgy with them. But the coach? Muriel Boucher Zazoui would be an interesting one, and she did wonders with D&L, but it would be a huge risk.