PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

puglover
11-26-2011, 06:22 PM
I first saw Tessa and Scott years ago as juniors and thought to myself "I may have just witnessed the program of future Olympic champions". I then thought about the tremendous odds against that. Now knowing what she has gone through with her leg issues I realize their Olympic gold is a true miracle and that they marked the path for other talented young teams to defy the odds and win the big ones. I felt the only reason they should continue after Vancouver was if they tried new things and pushed the sport. I do feel that they are probably the only current team to be able to bring Funny Face alive and that Scott is exceptional in it. That speaks volumes to me. I don't know anything about politics or who is pushing who - I just hope they continue with Funny Face and keep making it better and better. I find it unique and so not easy to portray on the ice.

maggylyn
11-26-2011, 06:29 PM
My god you are a nuisance. And I think everyone and their dog know how you feel about Chan. Sod off:rolleyes:

And a plea to pani and silver98, stay out of the D&W thread so people like aftershocks don't feel the need to come in here and vomit all over the page :D

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to marbri again."

:hat1:

aftershocks
11-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Yes, I suppose you think D/W are a "nuisance" too, marbri. I will gladly depart this thread dear marbri, but I can't promise I won't return. ;) I'm sure it must be so frustrating for V/M fans who refuse to appreciate the fact that D/W are strong competitors too, deserving of their wins.

You guys could probably learn something from the sportsmanship of V/M and D/W.

I'm glad you think "everyone and their dog know" how I feel about Chan. Actually, I'm not quite sure what I feel about Chan, since I've never met him. I do know what I feel about his skating and the marks he receives. It's probably more true that everyone and their dog know how the judges feel about Chan's SS!

pani
11-26-2011, 06:44 PM
And a plea to pani and silver98, stay out of the D&W thread so people like aftershocks don't feel the need to come in here and vomit all over the page :D

O yes - i will stay in this tread.

And i want to say - yes, for D-W its very good to have -M with there super-skating, with there flawers, technick, but V-M couldnt take nothing for D-W.
I agree, maybe other teams will not made good job with Funny Face.
But its interesting - why USA Federation could ask Z-Sh to change FD, to brng changes in programs, but SC couldnt?
And Zueva sow V-M all time to the USA judges. So they know everything about Tessa and Scott andcould help to D-W.

bbkenn
11-26-2011, 06:51 PM
nevermind.

marbri
11-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Yes, I suppose you think D/W are a "nuisance" too, marbri. I will gladly depart this thread dear marbri, but I can't promise I won't return. ;) I'm sure it must be so frustrating for V/M fans who refuse to appreciate the fact that D/W are strong competitors too, deserving of their wins.

You guys could probably learn something from the sportsmanship of V/M and D/W.

I'm glad you think "everyone and their dog know" how I feel about Chan. Actually, I'm not quite sure what I feel about Chan, since I've never met him. I do know what I feel about his skating and the marks he receives. It's probably more true that everyone and their dog know how the judges feel about Chan's SS!

Thanks precious xoxo

aftershocks
11-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks precious xoxo

You're quite welcome, sweetcakes. xoxo right back at ya! Making love, not war might bring you happiness. Perhaps you can find it in your heart to send D/W some xoxo too. :)

Emdee
11-26-2011, 07:44 PM
When I saw D&W's FD I thought it clearly was an Olympic type program.
Marina had to pull i out of her Olympic closet - I am sure about this.

This year T&S wanted Funny Face, to skate to different music and to project something different, and after all her pain it is only right that she has her way. Who is to say that M doesnt have a winner for them thats still in the Olympic closet.

I still hope that T&S come out ahead at the GPF as its something they hvent won.

iggie
11-26-2011, 07:53 PM
virtue and moir, they trust their training, their coaches and the process. that's what they've said in times like this.

funny face is not an easy fd to skate to, no matter how much people wanted to say they were playing it safe. and no i don't think they'll show up at the grand prix final with a new fd. they want a whole grand prix to work on a fd and if they were to change now, they would have wasted their fall training. and as emdee says, it's been tessa's dream to bring fred and audrey to ice. there is still more to be done with this dance and i hope marina has that vision.

pani
11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
I have one thought - Marina said in interview, she made Olympic type program fro Yana and Fedore for this season. Interesting to know - what music she used? Maybe this was D-W FD?

martyross
11-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Funny face is a masterpiece, it would be a crime to dump it. And what for? i doubt judges would start marking a brand new FD higher than DW at this point (or at any point...)
I believe the game is lost for TS this year. not their fault, obviously. But it would be very cool if some good came out of this... my heart jumps out if I imagine what TS could do if they went to brilliant, out-of-the-box people like Dean or Platov.. yes, like Pani, now I believe they should change coaches. They can't fight against DW from the inside. I'm sure they would be "pushed to be better" even not training in the same rink everyday. I mean, Yuna/Mao, Yagudin/Plushenko didn't share the same ice, I don't think they had issues with motivation.

marbri
11-26-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't know. I think the music was meant for D&W, it really suits them brilliantly. For all the slating Marina gets she knows how to sell her teams, especially the top two. I also can't imagine D&W scraping their FD for a FD that the other two were already working on.

I also don't think they should scrap Funny Face.

iggie
11-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Funny face is a masterpiece, it would be a crime to dump it. And what for? i doubt judges would start marking a brand new FD higher than DW at this point (or at any point...)
I believe the game is lost for TS this year. not their fault, obviously. But it would be very cool if some good came out of this... my heart jumps out if I imagine what TS could do if they went to brilliant, out-of-the-box people like Dean or Platov.. yes, like Pani, now I believe they should change coaches. They can't fight against DW from the inside. I'm sure they would be "pushed to be better" even not training in the same rink everyday. I mean, Yuna/Mao, Yagudin/Plushenko didn't share the same ice, I don't think they had issues with motivation.

why would they want to change coaches? tessa is painfree, not because of the surgeries, but because her team at canton figured out how to change her skating so that she could skate painfree. no other team would be able to get that right away.

sliver98
11-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Well if they go to an FD that would highlight all their strengths making it emotional and highlight tessa`s ballerina like qualities with classic music i think judges would start marking it higher. Europeans hate funny face type programs they can`t relate to the concept or music that is why D&W changed their FD at the last minute they saw what tessa and scott had and picked a european waltzy type of program.

lavenderblue
11-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Europeans hate funny face type programs they can`t relate to the concept or music that is why D&W changed their FD at the last minute

The FD set to the score from a classic Italian film?

As far as the actual subjects of this thread are concerned, removing scores from the equation (scores which have been distributed across different events, with V/M possibly having stronger competition at said events than D/W, for what it's worth [and with V/M's program likely having more growth potential]) -- I am curious as to the massive evidence we have that European judges detest Funny Face. I mostly find it interesting because the same posters who have cited how unappealing it is to an international judging panel have also expressed their own distaste for the music. It's quite an intriguing coincidence. ;)